Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    From the comments of that bullshit RT level source, he has been pushing that line since the war started. He hasn't been right. No one should listen to Russian bots.
    Hahaha, who ever doesn't agree with you, is a "Russian bot"? Ok child...

And as for the bullshit RT level source, you obviously have no clue what you're talking about.

Will a United States Senator qualify as a source for you, or is that bullshit, "RT level crap" too?

Is this even a suprise? I have no idea why someone would disagree with this.
    Without western support, one of the poorest nations in europe that, a decade ago, didn't even have a working military at all, will probably lose a war with what the world did assume was, a global-superpower.

It's a suprise already that it takes this long and the reason why most people consider Russia to be relatively ("relatively" is the important distinction here) weak now.
    So "obviously" Ukraine will lose this war if the west doesn't support it with tech and supplies. There is an argument to be made that it would already have happened without the support.

If Russia thinks "supporting" is reason enough for a "declaration of war" it just shows how fucked up things have become for them.
    This wasn't a problem in the past when these powers did their proxy wars all over the place.
    Russia wouldn't want war with anyone else, they can't even handle their "operations" in Ukraine. It's just a bluff and in my opinion, there is little risk in terms of escalations
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-06-23 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Hahaha, who ever doesn't agree with you, is a "Russian bot"? Ok child...

And as for the bullshit RT level source, you obviously have no clue what you're talking about.

Will a United States Senator qualify as a source for you, or is that bullshit, "RT level crap" too?

Trying so hard, now that your friend is banned again? Keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Is this even a suprise? I have no idea why someone would disagree with this.
    Without western support, one of the poorest nations in europe that, a decade ago, didn't even have a working military at all, will probably lose a war with what the world did assume was, a global-superpower.

It's a suprise already that it takes this long and the reason why most people consider Russia to be relatively ("relatively" is the important distinction here) weak now.
    So "obviously" Ukraine will lose this war if the west doesn't support it with tech and supplies. There is an argument to be made that it would already have happened without the support.
    Ask postman... all i said is that Ukraine needs heavy weapons now in order to have a chance, and he calls me Russian bot, hahahaha

Ask postman... all i said is that Ukraine needs heavy weapons now in order to have a chance, and he calls me Russian bot, hahahaha
    Well, you are Russian, and you are well known in pushing Kremlin disinformation, just like Shalcker does.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Well, you are Russian, and you are well known in pushing Kremlin disinformation, just like Shalcker does.
    I am?? Hahaha
    Expressing non-popular believes!=Russian

hahahaha, David Petraeus, former CIA director and army general thinks Ukraine would be the winner

CNN vs your Kremlin propaganda

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/world...russia-vpx.cnn

Oh also, "US senator" (not federal level but one of the countless far less influential) vs actual qualified military person

Also reminding others about your stance in Russia doing anything war crime-y

History lesson for the younger folks in here: https://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-e...nap-story.html

NATO should stop expansion, Russia should withdraw from Ukraine and everyone is a winner.
    The issue here can be summarized as:
    Russia: Please no more NATO expansion, we're afraid.
    NATO: Stfu, we will do as we please.

Keep in mind ladies and gents, that Russia has tried joining NATO in the past, and got declined in more than one occasion.
    Russia will be fine dude, don't worry about them. And those silly 18 years predictions are made by world's topmost orgs with a proven history of predicting shit right, not random dudes in some wow forums.

Let's not derail the thread anymore.
    Russia is a major military power in every sense. Not a single country in Europe stands a chance against them and even if multiple EU countries gank up, still the results will be inconclusive.

From the other hand, Russia against NATO is another story. NATO has the upper hand in every domain and both sides know that.

I don't believe Russia is seeking a confrontation with anyone. They just see NATO as an existential threat and most likely they are paranoid about it, in a sense.

What makes me wonder, is that the current politics of the west when it comes to Russia, is basically pushing them in the hands of China, which is a very, very, bad thing for the western way of living.

In my opinion Russia should be engaged in a positive way, and even make allies of them at some point in time (when their government and society is ready). I know that this won't happen, but secretly i do have hopes (for them and every other country tbh)
    The problem from what I am understanding, is not Ukraine, rather NATO. Russia warned yesterday, that any further expansion to the east will be met by military force.

I guess this is their red line, and they've made it clear. My guesstimate is that EU countries will hold back NATO/US, at least during the winter. If shit go south, even in the most tiny way possible, energy price will 2x / 3x in no time.
    Last edited by Saradain; 2022-06-24 at 02:12 AM.

I am?? Hahaha
    Expressing non-popular believes!=Russian
    It's probably the second part of your post that made him say that. As it has the stench of "whataboutism" on it.
    It doesn't matter who is "leading" with wars. And I wouldn't even say it's the west. It's not like Russia hasn't been doing this for decades as well by now.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-06-23 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Oh also, US senator vs actual qualified military person
    Also, not US senator. US senator refers to a senator at the federal level. That's not what that guy is. He's a former virginia state senator. He's not the current senator from virginia state. They're two different things. There are almost 2000 state senators across the US. There are an untold number of former state senators. There are only 100 US senators.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

And so we circle back to whataboutism again. Deflect from the undefendable. And you are lynching negroes!

Here's the thing: this thread is about Russia's invasion. Says so right at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Also, not US senator. US senator refers to a senator at the federal level. That's not what that guy is. He's a former virginia state senator. He's not the current senator from virginia state. They're two different things. There are almost 2000 state senators across the US. There are an untold number of former state senators. There are only 100 US senators.
    Even less credible source about a major war of genocide done by russkies then...

Thanks for the correction, assumed United States Senator would translate into US senator (federal level)!
    Last edited by Saradain; 2022-06-23 at 01:08 PM.

Its the same tired argument that has been trotted out for 4 months now - Ukraine has no chance so they better think of the civilians and surrender. Russia have said and shown that they are intent on committing genocide so surrender is not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Even less credible source about a major war of genocide done by russkies then...

Thanks for the correction, assumed United States Senator would translate into US senator!
    To be clear, the schiller institute that guy is a part of, is against any supra national organization and blames them for essentially all wars (guess who they think are behind the supra national organizations). The people who started it are part of an extreme minority in the US: the anti-gay, anti-jew, climate change denying, pro-conspiracy theory, pro-labor 'left'. AKA, people who want to vote for republicans, but they back international trade agreements. Their behavior cannot be distinguished from that of a 5th column.

Also, United States Senator does translate into US senator. That guy isn't a United States Senator. He's a former virginia state senator. Ulmita just doesn't know what he's talking about in virtually any instance, this being no exception.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2022-06-23 at 01:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

If Russia wants to claim a win...meh. let them.
    After they leave Ukraine, Ukraine will rebuild. Sweden and Finland will join NATO, while Ukraine joins the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If Russia wants to claim a win...meh. let them.
    After they leave Ukraine, Ukraine will rebuild. Sweden and Finland will join NATO, while Ukraine joins the EU.
    Except they won't leave Ukraine until every last inch of it is called "Russia". While genociding everyone and everything to ensure nothing remains to even remotely have a chance to rebel or reclaim.

I'll stick with the plan about exterminating orcs until all of Ukraine is free, back to borders of 1991 post-Soviet collapse.

10+ Year Old Account
    The momentum for Russia to take Kiev is long gone.

I am sure they will succeed in taking another chunk of Donbas and maybe end up controlling almost all of it + Mariupol and Kherson, but that's about it.

Right now Ukraine is VERY slowly losing ground in Donbas, but Donbas is only a relatively small part of Ukraine and even that is a struggle for Russia to cap

Now it's mostly a long term campaign and war of attrition for both sides. There are talks of Ukrainian counter-attack in a month or two, but that remains to be seen and I doubt this will get resolved militarily anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    The momentum for Russia to take Kiev is long gone.

I am sure they will succeed in taking another chunk of Donbas and maybe end up controlling almost all of it + Mariupol and Kherson, but that's about it.

Right now Ukraine is VERY slowly losing ground in Donbas, but Donbas is only a relatively small part of Ukraine and even that is a struggle for Russia to cap

Now it's mostly a long term campaign and war of attrition for both sides. There are talks of Ukrainian counter-attack in a month or two, but that remains to be seen and I doubt this will get resolved militarily anyway.
    Ukraine can afford to trade territory for attrition, and hope to retake it afterward. This has been the basis of Ukraine’s strategy since the start of the war.

Russia is still facing a deficit in manpower (plus the heavy losses at the start of the war). Both sides are facing 50-100 KIA a day.

the local military balance in the Donbas appears favorable to Russia, the overall trends in the military balance still favor Ukraine. (as long as the West doesn't get bored and keeps flooding Ukraine with support)

https://metro.co.uk/2022/06/22/russi...shot-16873192/

This comes from Metro so not 100% sure of it but...

Colonel who carries Putin’s nuclear codes is ‘gravely ill’ after being shot
    Gravely ill with what?

Russian media reported that the official had ‘tried to commit suicide’ after drinking with his brother.

Zimin was discovered by his brother, who had been reportedly in the bathroom at the time of the shooting on Monday.

He was lying in a pool of blood with a wound to the head and an Izh 79-9TM pneumatic pistol was lying nearby.
    Apparently getting drunk after he was placed under house arrest and...shooting himself in the head.

Russia seems...fine. Everything is fine. How are you?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Gravely ill with what?
    Lead poisoning, obviously.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-06-23 at 06:39 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gravely ill is certainly one way to describe a gunshot wound to the head.