10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I for the life of me don't understand what Pence is doing to be honest.
    He's trying to survive politically. He's trying to find that path forward to get back into power. He doesn't yet realize (or just hasn't given up) that the Trump folks hate him and without them he's done.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    He's trying to survive politically. He's trying to find that path forward to get back into power. He doesn't yet realize (or just hasn't given up) that the Trump folks hate him and without them he's done.
    Pretty much this. It's fascinating watching him walk the tightrope of trying to remain a "traditional Republican" while also frequently appealing to the Trump base...that literally wants to hang him.

If nothing else, the reports of him and Mother couch surfing for a while were hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...reats-1372551/

Welp, and the lawmakers on the panel are possibly getting 24/7 security now, too.

Why? Because they're receiving direct and specific threats, like this one sent to Adam Kinzingers wife, at their home -

Props for the handwritten note and the misspellings. Props to getting "blasphemous" right but points off for mispelling "Christian" at the end. Because of course these very good Republicans include children in their threats.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Pretty much this. It's fascinating watching him walk the tightrope of trying to remain a "traditional Republican" while also frequently appealing to the Trump base...that literally wants to hang him.

If nothing else, the reports of him and Mother couch surfing for a while were hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

Welp, and the lawmakers on the panel are possibly getting 24/7 security now, too.

Why? Because they're receiving direct and specific threats, like this one sent to Adam Kinzingers wife, at their home -

Props for the handwritten note and the misspellings. Props to getting "blasphemous" right but points off for mispelling "Christian" at the end. Because of course these very good Republicans include children in their threats.
    Chilling death threat there, thankfully if I'd received it the random capitalisation of "t" would be far too distracting working out when this author thought you should capitalise it and when you shouldn't.

This is coming from someone who's handwriting is so bad I just write in all caps for legibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    This is coming from someone who's handwriting is so bad I just write in all caps for legibility.
    I do the same, but not because my handwriting is bad.

I mean...it's bad for the most part, but that's just because 99% of the time I'm writing it's notes for myself and I don't care about that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Of course he has no spine. Dude knows he needs the votes of the people who tried to hang him… and probably even his family.
    That's what I was thinking. Pence is putting on a show to get Trump voters.

Two interesting developments.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/22/polit...tee/index.html

First off, fresh off his primary loss, Mo Brooks is apparently planning to voluntarily cooperate with the committee's request to speak with him - provided that the hearing is public. Now, whether this is so he can try to get back on Trump's good graces somehow or whether he wants to use this opportunity for revenge, who knows. I'm hoping for the latter, though.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...elays-hearings

The Committee has delayed additional hearings until next month. Why?

“I don’t think we’ve established a date yet, but we have a mountain of new information that’s come in that we have to go through,” Lofgren told The Hill.
    Apparently the past few weeks have resulted in a LOT of new information and people willing to talk to them. And some other information they were waiting on is finally coming, like from the National Archives. Not to mention the documentary footage from the documentarian following Trump around on Jan. 6

Man, this shit is wild.

Just Trump terrorists doing terrorist things. Threats against the J6 committee have ramped up. So now they are hiring more security for these members of congress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two interesting developments.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/22/polit...tee/index.html

First off, fresh off his primary loss, Mo Brooks is apparently planning to voluntarily cooperate with the committee's request to speak with him - provided that the hearing is public. Now, whether this is so he can try to get back on Trump's good graces somehow or whether he wants to use this opportunity for revenge, who knows. I'm hoping for the latter, though.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...elays-hearings

The Committee has delayed additional hearings until next month. Why?
    Even if it is the former, in that he thinks his testimony will "save" Trump... some of the most damning evidence so far have come from "Pro-trump sources" because they aren't smart enough to realize what they're saying Trump did is actually wildly illegal, regardless of whether they supported him doing it or not.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Pence is putting on a show to get Trump voters.
    I don't get why. I'm not the only person here who thinks Pence can't run. He might want the Trump voters, but he can't get them. Trump will say "no" and that's that. It's a cult, after all.

Also: if you have anything important to say to Derrack Evans, you might want to hurry. He's going to jail for 3 months for being part of the murderous insurrection. Someone caught him on tape, and he plead guilty.

"Which commie librul traitor did that?"

He filmed himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Just Trump terrorists doing terrorist things.
    Just want to remind everyone, if they're thinking of responding to this, to look up the official definition of "terrorism". Because what Edge- said about these people being terrorists isn't an opinion. It's a dictionary definition.

FBI executes search warrant on top Nevada Republican who was a Trump Phony Elector

FBI seized the cellphone of State Republican Michael McDonald in connection of the fake electors scheme that was made by Trump and Guiliani. A second search warrant was issued for the Republican Nevada state party secretary James DeGraffenreid, who also signed the fake electors document, but for some reason, they couldn't find him.

Here is them being fucking stupid and doing the work for them signing their fake document December 20th. Thanks for doing the FBI's work for them. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM in that picture, and every other state that did this, should get the same treatment, trial and convictions for this bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Even if it is the former, in that he thinks his testimony will "save" Trump... some of the most damning evidence so far have come from "Pro-trump sources" because they aren't smart enough to realize what they're saying Trump did is actually wildly illegal, regardless of whether they supported him doing it or not.
    Like how Georgia Republican Party Chairman David Schafer said of sending electoral votes for Trump to ensure he could continue pushing his voter fraud lawsuit, "There's been no credible suggestion that there's anything wrong. We made it very clear what we were doing. We did it right out in the open." Because apparently if you openly commit a crime and tell everyone about the crime you're committing, that somehow makes it not a crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I don't get why. I'm not the only person here who thinks Pence can't run. He might want the Trump voters, but he can't get them. Trump will say "no" and that's that. It's a cult, after all.
    He knows they are psychotic. He knows they once tried to kill him. He knows they would try again. He'll say almost anything publicly to keep his own ass alive, and mother's. Kinda trying to dodge the just or unjust reward in the afterlife he subscribes to, but make of that what you will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    When the gop primary kicks in I want to believe that Trump will be either too busy fending off the results of the Jan 6th committee, or he'll be fitted for orange coveralls (matching his hair nicely). Or God will finally take pity on the rest of the world and demand Trump’s presence for a long overdue conversation.
    In either case I believe the RNC will only be backing Pence. And I'm pretty sure Pence knows the only chance he has is to get Trump votes. A challenge in of itself. Most of that lot doesn't like him, and the feeling is mutual.

In either case I believe the RNC will only be backing Pence. And I'm pretty sure Pence knows the only chance he has is to get Trump votes. A challenge in of itself. Most of that lot doesn't like him, and the feeling is mutual.
    The RNC will be backing Desantis if Trump doesn't run. Pence has zero chance of getting any support from anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    The RNC will be backing Desantis if Trump doesn't run. Pence has zero chance of getting any support from anyone.
    Forgot about that Desaad wannabe. Hehe and how does Trump feel about him..rhetorical question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or God will finally take pity on the rest of the world and demand Trump’s presence for a long overdue conversation.
    "What part of 'Thou Shalt Not' didneth thou not understand?"
    "But bigly--"
    "And you wanted to drag COVID to church? The hell, man?"

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1540020170390851584

People attended the Jan. 6 insurrection attempt because..."they're smart", according to Trump.

Fuckin lol.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.vice.com/en/article/xgy8...6-pardon-trump

Matt Gaetz, Mo Brooks, Andy Biggs, Louie Gohmert, and Scott Perry all requested pre-emptive pardons, with Jim Jordan reportedly asking more generally about White House plans for Congressional pardons and potentially Marjorie Taylor Greene as well.

I can't remember the last time 5+ House Democrats asked the outgoing Democratic president for a pardon just in case.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1540020170390851584

People attended the Jan. 6 insurrection attempt because..."they're smart", according to Trump.

Fuckin lol.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.vice.com/en/article/xgy8...6-pardon-trump

Matt Gaetz, Mo Brooks, Andy Biggs, Louie Gohmert, and Scott Perry all requested pre-emptive pardons, with Jim Jordan reportedly asking more generally about White House plans for Congressional pardons and potentially Marjorie Taylor Greene as well.

I can't remember the last time 5+ House Democrats asked the outgoing Democratic president for a pardon just in case.
    Do you think those requests can be used as evidence of them doing something that they actively knew was illegal? Pardons can't do much else...

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Do you think those requests can be used as evidence of them doing something that they actively knew was illegal? Pardons can't do much else...
    Not in the slightest.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    I would respectfully disagree with Edge on this point. If someone is asking for a Pardon, and they have no prior convictions, there must be a concern that a conviction could be coming up in the future. I don't think the request alone would lead anywhere, but it could be used as circumstantial evidence.