Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Keep hoping;

There's pretty clear muscle mass present.
    My dude, literally every race except maybe the diaper gnomes have visible muscle mass, I see we have the highest bars here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My dude, literally every race except maybe the diaper gnomes have visible muscle mass, I see we have the highest bars here.
    My point is that they're clearly muscular, along the lines of NBA players. They're pretty far from anorexic, which tends to be near skeletal in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    People would see this garbage and immediately refuse to pre-order, lmao

that or they are indeed, against all odds, reworking this crap
    So Blizzard announced complete edition of WoW. I would think that major feature like new race-class combo should be displayed on the promo screens, but look here:

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/pro...ete-collection

Nothing. It's fucking weird for marketing to downplay it.

Maybe Blizzard realized that they need to give Soythyr better body option and looks in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    People would see this garbage and immediately refuse to pre-order, lmao
    And yet they're featured prominently on the actual pre-order page.

They're even listed in front of the Dragon Isles.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Huh... that actually is EXTREMELY unusual. From a marketing perspective, this IS the centerpiece of the expansion; quite curious they wouldn't plaster it everywhere.
    Its easy to see why they didn't, because the massive backlash of the community who didn't like it, , it would be dumb to use then as amrketing.

in comparison, pandarens, the "meme" race, was everywhere

- - - Updated - - -

And yet they're featured prominently on the actual pre-order page.

They're even listed in front of the Dragon Isles.
    Sure they did, in the announce, now, not so much

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure they did, in the announce, now, not so much
    No, on the pre-order page they opened up on Tuesday where you actually buy the expansion;

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/pro...t-dragonflight

No, on the pre-order page they opened up on Tuesday where you actually buy the expansion;

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/pro...t-dragonflight
    Nowhere else tho. Three pages in two days and they are only on one of them. Marketing isn't too eager to show them to public.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Nowhere else tho. Three pages in two days and they are only on one of them. Marketing isn't too eager to show them to public.
    Uh, they're on the pre-order announcement page as well;

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...agonflight-now

Dragonflight Expansion Features
    New Race/Class Combo— Menace your foes (or empower your allies) as a Dracthyr Evoker, WoW’s first ever race/class combo. Design both humanoid and draconic forms, pick between the Alliance and Horde, and venture forth as a healer (Preservation specialization) or ranged damage-dealer (Devastation specialization) that harnesses the collective might of all dragonkind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That said I don't really recall any overtly sexualized image of a female dragonborn in D&D canon. Ofc it exists in fan drawings but overtly sexualized ANYTHING exists in fan drawings.
    Yes, but then again there are sexualized everything around the internet. That is not being argued, here. The problem here is that Teriz argued, here, that the reason the race is popular is because the majority of its players like to fetishize the D&D race as "lean big-breasted anthro lizards"

Uh, they're on the pre-order announcement page as well;

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...agonflight-now
    Only in name. No image of them.

Again, I see it being top three alongside Druids and Hunters.
    You also kept seeing the Tinker being added and being a popular class, as well as gnomes and goblins becoming more popular... yeah, what "you see" isn't exactly a strong argument.

The ability to be a playable version of Alexstraza or Wrathion is a huge selling point for this race/class.
    Except... you can't? Any likeness to those characters, however little would exist, in visage form would go out in smokes the moment you changed into your non-dragon form called 'dracthyr', that looks nothing like the dragon form of those you mentioned.

And yeah, the visage form being up 24/7 is a pipe dream. Pretty much every ability shown thus far for the Dracthyr racials and the Evoker class requires the dragon form.
    You don't need to be in salamander form to cast spells.

7+ Year Old Account
    So Blizzard announced complete edition of WoW. I would think that major feature like new race-class combo should be displayed on the promo screens, but look here:

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/pro...ete-collection

Nothing. It's fucking weird for marketing to downplay it.

Maybe Blizzard realized that they need to give Soythyr better body option and looks in general.
    Because they are simply not available yet, so why should they feature them if you can't play them right now?

Also, can you stop with your "Soythyr"? It's super cringe.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You don't need to be in salamander form to cast spells.

They're not casting spells.

Also I wasn't aware that Salamanders had wings....

*images*

The only ones of those images that I would imagine Dracthyr would have to be in their actual draconic form to perform would be the ones where they'd have to take flight or use their wings. The last three, namely. And for those, I can just imagine them shifting form briefly to actually perform the attack, and then changing back immediately after, like DH eyebeams. The first three, I can easily imagine dracthyr being able to do in visage form.

Honestly I don't even care very much about the shitty Argonian maid fursona form.

Why visage form isn't extended to all races and allied races just makes zero sense.

It's not like the famous Dragons from WoW lore have taken the form of Humans, Gnomes, Night Elves, Highmountain Tauren...

It's like they set out to create playable Dragons and only referenced furry art and Alexstraza smut

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account

Every single one of those abilities except the flight can be done in visage form as there’s already animations for every race to breathe fire/magic.

For the flight ones, just have it work like DH. Temporarily shift into Dracthyr form for the spell / “fly/move while casting buff” and shift out when it’s done.
    The code already exists for that very thing with DHs.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Because they are simply not available yet, so why should they feature them if you can't play them right now?

Also, can you stop with your "Soythyr"? It's super cringe.
    To advertize Dragonflight. After all they are its largest feature.

Can't be more cringe than Soythyr themselves.

I'll throw Teriz a bone.

Looking at those gifs, the one where its flying and breathing fire down actually looks pretty good. I wonder how they will balance the ability to fly and fight like that, but it does look good.

I think if they added:

1) Enough body options to fill out the form for a bulkier "dragon" look that looks less mortal and more animal.
    2) A "hunch" option that allows them to spend more time on all fours.
    3) Increased visage options for races (doesn't have to be all, but its so limited that it will turn people off..... especially the blood elf male. Most of the people that make BEs don't do the male option)
    4) Tank spec (I know, I know)

I honestly think that would make them a fine addition without THAT much extra work (hell me and Teriz have both given them tank specs they could literally just steal.... I'm sure other people have too)

Do all of that and I'd be pretty ok with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't be more cringe than Soythyr themselves.
    The comments from that person makes me think they've spent alot of time in safe spaces and that words hurt them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    The only ones of those images that I would imagine Dracthyr would have to be in their actual draconic form to perform would be the ones where they'd have to take flight or use their wings. The last three, namely. And for those, I can just imagine them shifting form briefly to actually perform the attack, and then changing back immediately after, like DH eyebeams. The first three, I can easily imagine dracthyr being able to do in visage form.
    So you're imagining them constantly breathing magic out of their mouths while in half elven form? Eyebeams is a single ability on a cooldown. I posted Evoker multiple abilities where they're breathing magic out of their mouths, and they no doubt have several more.

Don't you think that would look a little silly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Every single one of those abilities except the flight can be done in visage form as there’s already animations for every race to breathe fire/magic.
    Again, it would look utterly silly to have a class where a human or a Goblin is spitting magic out of their mouths constantly. It works with dragons because that's sort of what a dragon does. An elf/human constantly spitting magic out of their mouth? Not so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Why visage form isn't extended to all races and allied races just makes zero sense.
    Because 90% of the major dragons we've seen in WoW take Elven/Human form.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know their visage forms didn't have mouths. (/sarcasm)

Nothing you've shown there means it can't be cast in visage form. Proof of that is how druids can still cast some spells in cat and bear form despite not having fingers to cast spells.

Fine. "Salamander-with-wings" form. Better? I call them "salamanders" because that is what they look like: salamanders with wings.