Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    The person in the article never said anything eastern games being problematic. You're projecting and being super cringe rn.
    Neither did the person you quoted

15+ Year Old Account
    The person in the article never said anything eastern games being problematic. You're projecting and being super cringe rn.
    "in-person trade shows for a medium that’s focused on digital content was always a weird choice that, even in its heyday, resulted in an absurd amount of sexism and dystopian-esque capitalism."

Anybody who says shit like this is cringe and can be ignored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    "nothing but garbage western games" did say that implicitly. Asia has the other half of the games industry at large outside of the west.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said they did?

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    "nothing but garbage western games" did say that implicitly. Asia has the other half of the games industry at large outside of the west.
    What about all the non-garbage western games? lol

What about non-garbage games period?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    "in-person trade shows for a medium that’s focused on digital content was always a weird choice that, even in its heyday, resulted in an absurd amount of sexism and dystopian-esque capitalism."

Anybody who says shit like this is cringe and can be ignored.
    I mean... sexism is pretty common in the games industry and a lot of it went on at trade shows, so if the truth is cringe I dunno what to tell ya.

I never said they did?
    You were the one that mentioned eastern games at all...

So no, he wasn't "projecting" anything. You were
    Last edited by tikcol; 2022-06-23 at 05:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you say that someone only plays Western games because they think other games are problematic, then that implies that she thinks that the writer finds eastern games (mainly japanese games) to be problematic. She also then goes on to mention 3 JRPGs.

- - - Updated - - -

So no, he wasn't "projecting" anything. You were
    It's not projecting, it's reading comprehension...

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean... sexism is pretty common in the games industry and a lot of it went on at trade shows, so if the truth is cringe I dunno what to tell ya.
    He was complaining about booth babes which are appearntly sexist but "yass queen get yo bag from onlyfans" is fine. Game journos are beyond cringe

He was complaining about booth babes which are appearntly sexist but "yass queen get yo bag from onlyfans" is fine. Game journos are beyond cringe
    I mean, there's a nuanced difference between someone deciding to sell their body themselves, and companies trying to profit off of using someone's looks to promote their game when it has nothing to do with the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    ....what? Those two are not remotely comparable. Also, once again you're projecting because nothing in the article implies the author's opinions on onlyfans girls.

Also what Jester said.

If you say that someone only plays Western games because they think other games are problematic, then that implies that she thinks that the writer finds eastern games (mainly japanese games) to be problematic. She also then goes on to mention 3 JRPGs.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not projecting, it's reading comprehension...
    "nothing but garbage western games" doesn't exclude all the non-garbage western games or any other kind of geographical source of games you might want to employ.

You jumped straight to eastern games to make some kind of ridiculous gotcha reply and call the other poster cringe

So yes, reading comprehension.. Yours though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, there's a nuanced difference between someone deciding to sell their body themselves, and companies trying to profit off of using someone's looks to promote their game when it has nothing to do with the game.
    Being a booth babe was a decison or do you think companies just kidnapped women and forced them to be there with no pay?
    ....what? Those two are not remotely comparable. Also, once again you're projecting because nothing in the article implies the author's opinions on onlyfans girls.

Also what Jester said.
    He made his stance clear with that sentence and im saying anybody who thinks that is an idiot. No projection from me

10+ Year Old Account
    "nothing but garbage western games" doesn't exclude all the non-garbage western games or any other kind of geographical source of games you might want to employ.

You jumped straight to eastern games to make some kind of ridiculous gotcha reply and call the other poster cringe

So yes, reading comprehension.. Yours though.
    Sure thing buddy

- - - Updated - - -

Being a booth babe was a decison or do you think companies just kidnapped women and forced them to be there with no pay?

He made his stance clear with that sentence and im saying anybody who thinks that is an idiot. No projection from me
    Sure thing sister

I didn't say that, I'm saying it's scummy behavior. And I wouldn't rule out exactly pressure from a company to get their workers to do it in some cases.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the record, the article is ass, but bringing random SJW complaints into it is fucking weird.

For the record, the article is ass, but bringing random SJW complaints into it is fucking weird.
    This. There's plenty of issues with the article overall, but SJW wasn't one that crossed my mind.

Although even weirder that it managed to somehow catch the attention of someone who's literally never posted in this thread until this topic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I didn't say that, I'm saying it's scummy behavior. And I wouldn't rule out exactly pressure from a company to get their workers to do it in some cases.
    You mean an industry whose the primary audience is 18-24 year old males use women to promote their products who were hired from a modeling agency and get decent pay is bad but the 95% of women who struggle on onlyfans and are at the mercy of an ever changing tos and are usually fucked over by fees is good?

Growing up, i just ignored booth babes because i knew it was just a gig for them and didnt cry about it because i wasnt going to mess with their abilities to get more gigs :^)

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    There are way more problems with RF5 than its performance. RF4S is the better game in almost every way outside of the more retro look and not having same sex romance options.
    Sure but it's still a good game that's worth playing if you're a fan and have already played 4.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Sure but it's still a good game that's worth playing if you're a fan and have already played 4.
    Considering the stories are irrelevant and all the characters are tropes, not really. Just play 4 again if you have the itch and save the money. There is enough unique content in 4S that I highly doubt any sane gamer who hasn't spent 500 hours with it has seen it all anyways. If it was $30 it might be a different story but its $50 lmao.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-23 at 06:06 PM.