View Poll Results: Will you pre-order Dragonflight?

Voters
470. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I will pre-order

167 35.53%
  • I don't know

93 19.79%
  • No, I will never pre-order

210 44.68%
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yes, I will definitely pre-order. I’m liking everything I’m seeing so far.
    Like what? They have barely shown anything game play wise
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I got my money's worth from Shadowlands. It wasn't the best WoW expansion, but it was definitely worth the money I spent on it.
    To me the only real flaw with Shadowlands was the 9.1 patch at the end of the day. It came far too late, didn't loosen enough restrictions, and the raid was... Well, not that great.

It didn't help that 9.1 went on for too long too.

But no expansion has had flawless pacing anyway. It still was an enjoyable experience overall.

My only hold on preordering is that I'm thinking maybe this time I'll actually try to get the physical CE since I don't own any yet, and the art book alone will probably be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I will probably pre order literally 1 hour before release.

Maybe.
    same here. dont think i will bother before.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already did. I don't care about others opinions, just about my own playing experience and so far I've been having fun. I absolutely love dragons in all fictional content so an expansion specifically about them had me sold immediately.

Well, in the world of grown up people you never pay beforehand, because than you get bad service. (building houses, manual labour, everything else).
    you pay after the job is done or maybe pay a little up front and then, when the job is done in a good quality you pay the rest.

It buffles me that people pre order games and then be like "lel why is this xpansion shit"
    because blizz already made all the money they needed before they even released the product.
    NEVER PRE ORDER.
    you impulsbuying kids ruined gaming for everybody.
    its not about the money...

sometimes the average IQ in this forums dissapoint me, people making shitty excuses why they "preorder".

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I was always advocating to pre-order Blizzards stuff, because they always delivered.
    Then BfA, SL, W3: Reforged and Diablo Immortal happened and obviously nobody should ever again preorder from Blizzard, at least for the foreseeable future.
    If only other people saw it this way. There's far too many people throwing money at an incomplete product without knowing what they're getting. Ah well, it's their money... it's just a shame that it encourages companies to half-ass things when they know they can get paid before finishing their product.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I almost didn't preorder MoP after being hugely disappointed with Wotlk and Cata but I'm happy I still did pre-order it. At the end of the day if you know you're at least gonna try the new expansion then it makes sense to pre-order it?
    No, it does not make sense, because every pre-order that gets in is just another little bit less effort they have to put into the final product to make it great. Unfortunately the Blizzard of today actually calculates in that way, a prime example being Reforged.
    If you want the new expansion and the preorder bonus, your best decision is to buy very close before launch, when development is done anyway - but not 6 months before than.

Once again, you can do whatever you want, but there is a big difference at which point in time you hand over your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinured View Post
    Well, in the world of grown up people you never pay beforehand, because than you get bad service. (building houses, manual labour, everything else).
    you pay after the job is done or maybe pay a little up front and then, when the job is done in a good quality you pay the rest.
    That's not always true. I've bought many really nice custom-made pieces of furniture where the payment was all done up front. Particularly when working with a person or company where you are confident in the quality of their work, paying upfront isn't that unexpected. Kickstarter rewards are all paid for up front, and I've had 96% of those turn out great. While things like my roof replacement or mini-split installations were done in half-upfront, half-after payments, those are also major projects that cover the quality of living far more than an entertainment product.

It buffles me that people pre order games and then be like "lel why is this xpansion shit"
    because blizz already made all the money they needed before they even released the product.
    NEVER PRE ORDER.

sometimes the average IQ in this forums dissapoint me, people making shitty excuses why they "preorder".
    Pre-ordering for physical copies of games can sometimes be the only way to get them, and back when games were all physical, pre-ordering was a must to guarantee you'd get the game on release day. While there isn't really a compelling reason to pre-order WoW expansions beyond the pre-order bonus good (since you can download the full release for free regardless of whether you have the code redeemed), there are still compelling reasons to pre-order certain games, particularly from indy developers where the cash flow of preorders makes the difference between the game releasing or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I am in a guild for almost 5 years now, knowing people there and doing stuff we like.

I am totally going to toss it because Blizzard is infested with some creeps and Bobby Kotick is a loot goblin.

I use a lot of stuff daily that was made by shady ass characters and companies I am not even aware of and so do you. So it's really where you draw the line? Games made by Blizzard are bad, but your PC filled with components made in 3rd world countries with what amounts to slave labor is fine?

And the worst part - those companies have 0 accountability too, at least you can make trouble for Blizzard and make it do something in regards, so view that as consolation there, even if they will do their best to "minimize damage".
    I think we are talking about two different things here. You talk about playing the game, I talk about preordering 6 months before release, which is what this thread is about.
    I am not advocating for you to stop playing the game, I am just pointing out that current Blizzard is greedy as fuck, delivers quality way below what they are capable of and thread their employees like shit is well.
    They are clearly showing that they don't have yours or their employees best interests in heart.

That's fair enough for a company and I get that you (and I) want to play Dragonflight, but why give them money now rather than a week before launch, after you have much, much more information about the product and Blizzard had more motivation to make it good, because they still needed to convince you.

Again, do with your money what you want, but if somebody says "I will always preorder, except if something really bad happens" and the current situation is not "very bad" already, I wanted to know what actually IS bad enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    It satisfies me to no end that I have no idea who you are, but between the two of us we've offset the "impact" of two of the 20k+ post lunatics on this forum who think they're game developers. Thanks brother!

BfA was fun. Azerite armour was fine and the only reason most people didn't like it is because Youtube told them not to. I wasn't happy when Rogue Azerite got nerfed like three resets in a row but overall the expansion was fun, the raids were fun, M+ was great, and I had a good time with my friends like I always do. SL I've probably played the least out of any expansion since WoD but I'm playing this patch and it's as fun as the game has always been. Couldn't really care less about WC3 Reforged and Diablo Immortal is exactly what anyone should have expected from a mobile game and has precisely zero impact on my enjoyment of WoW.

Equally, couldn't give a shit about "scandals" within the company, except insofar as they impact the quality of the product because the company is too busy dealing with Twitter crazies than actually doing work. None of you actually care either, otherwise you'd be keeping that same energy about the abuse allegations towards Square Enix and swearing off shopping at Walmart and every other franchise store ever, but you don't, because you're actually just pretending to care for clout.
    I can just point out that I think you also talk about "playing the game" while the topic of the thread is "will you preorder". I don't want to repeat myself to much, but please check what I wrote to the other guys above, the same applies to you

Also, if you enjoyed BfA: Good for you, but now imagine an expansion that it's 10 times as good. Blizzard, even the current Blizzard, is able to create that. They have good people on their teams. It's ok if you enjoyed BfA, but objectively the only expansion that failed as hard as BfA was WoD and even that had a much higher quality in pure technical aspects (amount and severity of bugs e.g.)
    Blizzard is able to create so much more, if they have the motivation - thats the actual sad part.

One of the most bizarre statements I've ever seen!

Lets list things you can pay for first wherein the quality of the result doesn't reflect having paid in advance.

-Movie tickets
    -Concert tickets
    -Plane tickets
    -Hotel reservations
    -Cruises
    -Sporting events
    -Theme parks
    -Prepaid cellular and internet services
    -Many instances of contracting
    -Rent (first/last)
    -Food delivery
    -General good delivery
    -Auto/life/health insurance
    -Yearly subscriptions to streaming services (which saves money!)
    -Layaway services

And that's just things I thought of in the last couple minutes!

e: Hello, Delta? I will be paying after the flight is over, to ensure good service. Someone on the Internet told me that's the world of the grown ups!

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Where the hell do you buy groceries after eating them? Or goods in general?

You certainly don't go out to eat every single meal do you?
    Oh yeah, add this to the list- normal grocery/general good shopping! Guess that doesn't happen in the world of grown up people!
    Last edited by Alexjimithing; 2022-06-23 at 05:33 PM.

NEVER PRE ORDER.

Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    1. If you have a guaranteed paycheck, why exactly would you put much effort into doing something? Do you even understand how humans work?
    2. The people giving those devs the resources/budget/assignments do care, and since they got their money, why exactly would they waste it on extra development? Out of the goodness of their hearts?
    3.Hell, even if you were right, what you're essentially saying is their devs are working their assess off but the best they can do is a turd? That sounds far worse lol.
    1. It's not a guarnateed paycheck. You can be fired at any time. You have deadlines to make. You can be fired for basically any reason. NO developer worth their salt is going to take that chance by sluffing off.
    2. Those people only care that you got it done on time and that you were on budget. Since the devs hours are basically fixed and they get salary. They are getting the same money, so they aren't wasting anything if they use more of their time.
    3.,That is your opinion, not fact. Many others disagree with you. The lol is basing that whole thing on your biased opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    No, it does not make sense, because every pre-order that gets in is just another little bit less effort they have to put into the final product to make it great. Unfortunately the Blizzard of today actually calculates in that way, a prime example being Reforged.
    If you want the new expansion and the preorder bonus, your best decision is to buy very close before launch, when development is done anyway - but not 6 months before than.

Once again, you can do whatever you want, but there is a big difference at which point in time you hand over your money.
    People need to stop with this BS claim as there is absolutely no evidence of it.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    1. It's not a guarnateed paycheck. You can be fired at any time. You have deadlines to make. You can be fired for basically any reason. NO developer worth their salt is going to take that chance by sluffing off.
    2. Those people only care that you got it done on time and that you were on budget. Since the devs hours are basically fixed and they get salary. They are getting the same money, so they aren't wasting anything if they use more of their time.
    3.,That is your opinion, not fact. Many others disagree with you. The lol is basing that whole thing on your biased opinion.
    I would be fascinated to learn how that person thinks budgets work if they think Blizzard dev paychecks in the near term are dependent on preorder numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

You don’t buy groceries months before and you can return groceries that result in bad quality (ergo expired, spilled, tampered).

yes I will. Even if the expansion sucks I know I will be playing ait for least 100-200 hours .

other AA games have much less content and people still buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    You don’t buy groceries months before and you can return groceries that result in bad quality (ergo expired, spilled, tampered).
    The user Sinured didn't put any time frames and you can absolutely refund Dragonflight if the alpha/beta impressions are bad quality.

Thought of another- trash/recycle pickup is often billed three months in advance at a time!

I can barely see myself buying and playing it at all much less pre ordering it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexjimithing View Post
    The user Sinured didn't put any time frames and you can absolutely refund Dragonflight if the alpha/beta impressions are bad quality.
    I think they were going for try-before-you-buy and you’re right about alpha/beta.

It’d be nice if they had a way to let more buyers temporarily try the beta test the way they did Blizzcon but then you have buyers who don’t realize it’s early development…

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    It’d be nice if they had a way to let more buyers temporarily try the beta test the way they did Blizzcon but then you have buyers who don’t realize it’s early development…
    I've always thought they should let like, the first five-ten quests of any give expansion be free to play. It's not like anyone who was going to buy it WOULDN'T buy it because they got to play a very small bit and it would hook people who were on the fence. Guess that's what they use prepatch for though.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Should have been: No, I dont pre order. I did before, but I wont now>.>.