Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Honesty my feelings as well. I LOVE the idea of a dragon-like character actually using DRAGON abilities, like breath attacks and what have you, presumably a claw-slash or tail-swipe as well. My concern is that, since they look "too human", it doesn't really check-out why they can't wear armor.

Like... what is the POINT of making them look like scaley-humans?
    Technical limitations. They couldn’t allow you to be a huge four-legged dragon, and they deemed your suggestion of a dragon the size of a guardian Druid to be not sufficient for their design goals.

Thus we got the Dracthyr instead. I think once players get their hands on the new race and run through all the customizations, they’ll come to understand and appreciate the compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Their visage forms don't have mouths now? On top of that, the other race models already have a "fire breathing" animation. See: Breath of Fire
    Monks aren’t casting a spell when they use Breath of Fire either.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-06-23 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Honestly the only legitimate issue I’d see with fighting in visage form would be if the code is taken directly from Worgen…

Because then they’d have to change it up a bit to make it so you wouldn’t shift in combat, but I don’t know the actual code so I don’t know if it’s as simple as removing “if (in combat){turn into worgen/dracthyr ();}” or if it’s going to be spaghetti code that’d break the game like the TF2 coconut jpg if removed.
    It's much easier than you may think. It's a simple thing about removing one line of code that triggers worgen transformation when in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    There’s really no point arguing about this, because it’s not going to happen.
    You have no way of knowing that, especially after Blizzard has gone on record to say they're not against reaching a compromise, in the form of allowing the visage form to be usable in combat.

- - - Updated - - -

Monks aren’t casting a spell when they use Breath of Fire either.
    It's about the animation of 'fire breathing'.

And if they're not casting a spell when they're using Breath of Fire, and you're saying yhe Evoker's fire breath attacks aren't spells being cast, then it's even better since both "are not spells". You're defeating yourself, here.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's about the animation of 'fire breathing'.
    Interesting. I thought it was about your erroneous notion that DEs cast spells….

And if they're not casting a spell when they're using Breath of Fire, and you're saying yhe Evoker's fire breath attacks aren't spells being cast, then it's even better since both "are not spells". You're defeating yourself, here.
    You do understand that a Brewmaster is breathing fire for a completely different reason than an Dracthyr Evoker right?
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-06-23 at 08:40 PM.

Interesting. I thought it was about your erroneous notion that DEs cast spells….
    They do cast spells, though.

Regardless if they're casting using their fingers or mouths, it's a spell.

You do understand that a Brewmaster is breathing fire for a completely different reason than an Dracthyr Evoker right?
    It doesn't matter. The animation is there, so it's completely within the realm of possibility and logic to have the visage form also cast fire breath spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    They do cast spells, though.

Regardless if they're casting using their fingers or mouths, it's a spell.

Malygos isn’t casting a spell in this picture.

It doesn't matter. The animation is there, so it's completely within the realm of possibility and logic to have the visage form also cast fire breath spells.
    While completely possible, it certainly isn’t logical given the design goals of the class.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/30/31/0b/30310bda9d0418818eb929ef63cfb6c6.jpg

Malygos isn’t casting a spell in this picture.
    But the evoker are not Malygos, remember? They're just dracthyr.

While completely possible, it certainly isn’t logical given the design goals of the class.
    Once again, considering Blizzard has already gone on record to say they're not against the idea, it certainly doesn't sound as illogical as you like to claim it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    I'll throw Teriz a bone.

Looking at those gifs, the one where its flying and breathing fire down actually looks pretty good. I wonder how they will balance the ability to fly and fight like that, but it does look good.

I think if they added:

1) Enough body options to fill out the form for a bulkier "dragon" look that looks less mortal and more animal.
    2) A "hunch" option that allows them to spend more time on all fours.
    3) Increased visage options for races (doesn't have to be all, but its so limited that it will turn people off..... especially the blood elf male. Most of the people that make BEs don't do the male option)
    4) Tank spec (I know, I know)

I honestly think that would make them a fine addition without THAT much extra work (hell me and Teriz have both given them tank specs they could literally just steal.... I'm sure other people have too)

Do all of that and I'd be pretty ok with them.

- - - Updated - - -

The comments from that person makes me think they've spent alot of time in safe spaces and that words hurt them.
    Hah! Btw. your points are exactly what I want to see. I ant to play something that looks like a dragon. I will keep repeating it but who the fuck thought that making winged skink is a good idea. Like where the fuck was art lead.

10+ Year Old Account
    But the evoker are not Malygos, remember? They're just dracthyr.

They're doing the exact same thing Malygos is doing. It even looks the same.

Once again, considering Blizzard has already gone on record to say they're not against the idea, it certainly doesn't sound as illogical as you like to claim it is.
    Don't hold your breath.

I dunno, it feels like we've just gotten bogged-down in arguing semantics.

Whether Blizzard will or they won't, I feel like most of us agree; it would be COOLER if the Dracthyr looked a little more draconic, right?

The likelihood is obviously low, and failure to do so doesn't just "make the class completely unplayable" or anything. But it seems like, if Blizzard WERE willing to work on the appearance and go a little harder in the Dragon route, it seems like we would all be pretty on-board with that, right?

I may be wrong. It SEEMS like we're all on the same page, though, and now just arguing "if Blizzard would actually do that or not". Which obviously, none of us can really know for certain. But if the desire is there -- which it seems like it is -- maybe they'd be more willing to consider it? As opposed to us just arguing HOW or IF they would do anything.

https://media.giphy.com/media/36EczZommX4rXXGbVl/giphy.gif
    https://media.giphy.com/media/eJyIc7...h9LK/giphy.gif

They're doing the exact same thing Malygos is doing. It even looks the same.
    You can argue that all the way until your fingers fall off. It won't change the fact that none of that precludes the possibility those spells being cast in visage form.

Don't hold your breath.
    Of course not. Because I'll be using my breath to continue asking Blizzard to go ahead with this idea of allowing visage forms to be used in combat.

Unleash the Power of the Dracthyr Evoker
    Become a Dracthyr Evoker, an ancient race of winged humanoid dragonkin recently awoken on the Dragon Isles. Dracthyr Evokers are BOTH a new playable race AND a new playable class, which can specialize into Preservation (healer) or Devastation (ranged magic damage).

I like how they put the worgen's worgen form front and center back during cata but they gotta try and hide the Dracthyr dragnoid form behind the visage form for Dragonflight lol. It's also so small and crowded with 4 figures that its much harder to make out any details of the class/race unless you open the image in a new tab by itself. They also put Drakks Pet as Dragonflight Pre-purchase bonus item** above All new race & class, the Dracthyr Evoker (available at or before launch) on the preorder page lol.

It's also funny how they can put on a magical diaper dress and headdress in their Dracthyr form and still transform but they can't seem to manage any other clothing.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2022-06-23 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Hah! Btw. your points are exactly what I want to see. I ant to play something that looks like a dragon. I will keep repeating it but who the fuck thought that making winged skink is a good idea. Like where the fuck was art lead.
    Yea outside of Teriz and a few of his alts (who all use pictures of Dragon Aspects as their avatars it utter irony), everyone else would like better customization to allow for a draconic feel.

Personally, as much as i don't like the current look of this new race, I don't think they are THAT far from salvageable. As I said, they need the ability to customize them to be more humanoid looking (like they are now) and more draconic looking (like most of us would like them). That way everyone wins. With such customizations it would prevent the need to put armor on them and make them very much so a "form" like a druid where blizzard can make the artwork really detailed and cool without armor constantly covering it up.

The changes I suggested would make "most" people happy and allow Teriz and company the ability to keep their upright forms while everyone else gets to play dragons that look like dragons.

Throw in the visage races expansion to any race from Azeroth (and Orcs) and we'd be good to go.

Throw in a tank spec, and I'll play it.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I like how they put the worgen's worgen form front and center back during cata but they gotta try and hide the Dracthyr dragnoid form behind the visage form for Dragonflight lol. It's also so small and crowded with 4 figures that its much harder to make out any details of the class/race unless you open the image in a new tab by itself. They also put Drakks Pet as Dragonflight Pre-purchase bonus item** above All new race & class, the Dracthyr Evoker (available at or before launch) on the preorder page lol.

It's also funny how they can put on a magical diaper dress and headdress in their Dracthyr form and still transform but they can't seem to manage any other clothing.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if they pushed back the ‘Dracthyr customization blog post’ simply because of the overwhelming feedback wanting changes to the Dracthyr.

Hoping they make the ‘bulkier’ body type for the Dracthyr actually bulkier, close to what lots of people are wanting like w/ Thunderbrush’s edits.
    Do that and let people fight in visage form and players would then probably like the race more.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-06-23 at 09:46 PM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if they pushed back the ‘Dracthyr customization blog post’ simply because of the overwhelming feedback wanting changes to the Dracthyr.

Hoping they make the ‘bulkier’ body type for the Dracthyr actually bulkier, close to what lots of people are wanting like w/ Thunderbrush’s edits.
    Do that and let people fight in visage form and players would then probably like the race more.
    They need to get rid of the diaper as well. If they can transform 1 piece of armor they should be able to transform all pieces of armor. Also they are supposed to be able to shapeshift, one of their racials should be to use any transmog option available no matter the type.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I dunno, it feels like we've just gotten bogged-down in arguing semantics.

Whether Blizzard will or they won't, I feel like most of us agree; it would be COOLER if the Dracthyr looked a little more draconic, right?

The likelihood is obviously low, and failure to do so doesn't just "make the class completely unplayable" or anything. But it seems like, if Blizzard WERE willing to work on the appearance and go a little harder in the Dragon route, it seems like we would all be pretty on-board with that, right?

I may be wrong. It SEEMS like we're all on the same page, though, and now just arguing "if Blizzard would actually do that or not". Which obviously, none of us can really know for certain. But if the desire is there -- which it seems like it is -- maybe they'd be more willing to consider it? As opposed to us just arguing HOW or IF they would do anything.
    Well we haven't seen all the customizations yet. So perhaps there will be a customization option that would appear more draconic to you?

Personally, I don't foresee Blizzard fundamentally changing much of anything with the Dracthyr since we're only six months from release. Perhaps a slightly thicker model, but that's about it. They seem extremely far along from the previews we've seen thus far, and we should be getting a deep-dive blog alongside their talents very shortly.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-06-23 at 10:50 PM.

Personally, as much as i don't like the current look of this new race, I don't think they are THAT far from salvageable. As I said, they need the ability to customize them to be more humanoid looking (like they are now) and more draconic looking (like most of us would like them). That way everyone wins.
    Not quite. Everything comes at a cost. A compromise will please nobody, and Blizzard aren't willing to just sort of create two vastly different takes on it, which for once is perfectly valid—no point in wasting time on the likes of Teriz or other degenerates who want a dragon-themed human instead of an actual draconic character.

As far as I'm concerned, there are only two acceptable paths:

* Keep the present design. Improve it a little and make it fully functional with armor and so on and so forth. Delete Visage for being irrelevant junk.

* Make the dracthyr form a proper dragon, akin to a druid form but with the dragon form the default. Keep visage, but only because it's a necessary evil to fit into some tighter spaces.

Yes, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    Not quite. Everything comes at a cost. A compromise will please nobody, and Blizzard aren't willing to just sort of create two vastly different takes on it, which for once is perfectly valid—no point in wasting time on the likes of Teriz or other degenerates who want a dragon-themed human instead of an actual draconic character.

As far as I'm concerned, there are only two acceptable paths:

* Keep the present design. Improve it a little and make it fully functional with armor and so on and so forth. Delete Visage for being irrelevant junk.

* Make the dracthyr form a proper dragon, akin to a druid form but with the dragon form the default. Keep visage, but only because it's a necessary evil to fit into some tighter spaces.
    I guess I think of it as a combination between the Orc 'hunch' and Worgen 'Running Wild' where you could have the model you pick either on 2 legs or 4, depending on your customizations.

If we go with no armor showing through, it should not be difficult to create two "stances" for the dragon forms that can be modified by a sufficient number of sliders to allow for bigger or slimmer dragons.

Again, that depends on if Blizzard is willing to put in effort to make more than a handful of people like this new race. It is totally possible that they are stuck in Teriz-mindset of "its done and we aren't willing to do more work to make it a success". Then they will simply complain when nobody likes it and the race/class is considered a failure or a joke.

I honestly don't think its that tough to get it working, they basically have all the parts already in game code to do it, they simply need to apply them to this race and construct the options.

Here's hoping, though I'm not sure whats less likely, a good looking race for this xpac or Dracthyr getting a tank spec. Either one seems like something a good gaming company would do, so I'm doubtful Blizzard has it in them.

I just want Dracthyrs to become other classes down the line.

Only makes sense if they're going to mingle with mortals going forward.

At one point some dracs are gonna want to pursue different forms of combat.

It's like an LFD that's anything other than a paladin or priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea outside of Teriz and a few of his alts (who all use pictures of Dragon Aspects as their avatars it utter irony), everyone else would like better customization to allow for a draconic feel.

Personally, as much as i don't like the current look of this new race, I don't think they are THAT far from salvageable. As I said, they need the ability to customize them to be more humanoid looking (like they are now) and more draconic looking (like most of us would like them). That way everyone wins. With such customizations it would prevent the need to put armor on them and make them very much so a "form" like a druid where blizzard can make the artwork really detailed and cool without armor constantly covering it up.

The changes I suggested would make "most" people happy and allow Teriz and company the ability to keep their upright forms while everyone else gets to play dragons that look like dragons.

Throw in the visage races expansion to any race from Azeroth (and Orcs) and we'd be good to go.

They should've just allowed Dracthyr to choose any race, and focus on Dracthyr itself instead of putting so much work on a race version of Mardi Gras.