Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Old system was d o g s h i t.

Completely disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I don't think I've seen anything cause as much poaching as Tarecgosa did. Happy that you seem to have had a positive experience with it but I saw guilds collapse over it.
    Even with TBC and its attunement system? It was even worse than that? A tank or healer gets poached, you find a new one, you spend a week or two getting them attuned and geared up, and they get poached next?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    You practically had to do it with a guild and the more skilled your guild was It's not welfare; it's not carrying; it's not RNG.
    It was absolutely RNG, our guild carried 3 of the 6 eligible people through the process - I rolled 4th on the list. So I didn't get it - purely based on a dice roll.

It is a carry and RNG, Legendaries should be about personal effort unlike Fireland.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

You practically had to do it with a guild and the more skilled your guild was: the faster you got it.
    I was the 3rd person to do the Taregosa staff in Firelands in my guild, the two people ahead of me as soon as they completed them stopped playing and didn't return for the rest of the expansion. Was a total waste of time for the guild. Making the group do alot of extra fights or mechanics etc for widgets to construct a legendary for one person sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Personally I perfered mop/warlords legendaries where we gradually leveled up a item till it was a legendary item then were able to continue to empower it so it acted as a soft nerf to fights
    I'd lump in the Legion Artifacts with that as well. This is the right system. Personal progress.
    Last edited by ChairmanKaga; 2022-06-23 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Even with TBC and its attunement system? It was even worse than that? A tank or healer gets poached, you find a new one, you spend a week or two getting them attuned and geared up, and they get poached next?
    I guess my server was pretty small in TBC so if anyone did the poaching, it was me . . .
    Now I fell bad.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Except ppl were complaining a ton because they didnt want to be in a guild. It also created a lot of in-guilds friction as you had to practically make a ranking of players and ppl dont like to be labeled.

Good. That's why it's a multiplayer game. Why did you make a guild to begin with since guilds always have friction by the mere fact humans are in them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    You will never get the community
    Why do you even play a multiplayer game then?
    For 1 vs everyone combat?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    In a game where we've just opened up more for cross-community progression, this idea is bad.
    Don't be stuck in the word "guild". It could be done with a community too.

Point is to not be yet another mundane single player game.

Good. That's why it's a multiplayer game. Why did you make a guild to begin with since guilds always have friction by the mere fact humans are in them?
    Sure there is maybe some levels of friction in guilds and maybe people in the guild know generally who are the good and who are the average players. But making an actual list/player ranking and putting it black and white who is better or more valuable than who, that is an entirely different thing. It was exactly the case with DTR, Shadowmourne, Daggers, etc. all the way back to vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild at the time had 3 people doing more dps than the GM, who'd all been in the guild for a couple years. Who got it first? That's right, the GM.
    Who got it second? That's right, one of the officers.
    Who got it third? The person doing the most dps

It was an awful system because you could only work on one person's staff at a time, and guilds will want to reward, not necessarily the best players, but the most "loyal."
    And also, you know, it forced the "raid or die" mentality.
    Last edited by Temp name; 2022-06-24 at 06:59 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Legion with tokens was super cool for me. MoP was really long but it felt really rewarding
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

- - - Updated - - -
    Why do you even play a multiplayer game then?
    For 1 vs everyone combat?
    Because your idea isn't the only valid way to play a multiplayer game. Almost none of the most popular multiplayer games are built to have strong communities.

The times of community are simply gone. Strong community was natural during Vanilla-beginning of Wotlk.

There are enough benefits for playing in a guild, I don't think we need another. Especially a benefit that is stupid, as it is much more fun for everyone when loot is distributed evenly in a few week period.

You practically had to do it with a guild and the more skilled your guild was: the faster you got it. Not only that but you couldn't just weasel your way into a guild and then get it in a few days. The 1st to get it was always the most important character to get it and in big-enough guilds that was never the carry or the new guy.
    That had the gigantic advantage of combining both skill and community; it was no longer an RNG shitfest; it wasn't enough to pay a guild and carry you if you wanted to be the 1st to get it.

And it can be easily improved, by not restricting it only to a few specs. That can even be done by stretching it across an expansion to multiple raids.

The caveat? People need to play actually an MMO. It's not welfare; it's not carrying; it's not RNG.
    Personally the WoD system was Miles better. Didn’t have to feel the ire of people being jealous at you for being the first in line for the legendary. If they had implemented this system along with being available for certain classes then it would be perfect!

Hard disagree, any legendary system that makes you kill bosses to get the legendary is completely pointless. Why do you need the legendary after you've already spent weeks farming the raid? Why do you need a legendary that drops from a last boss of an instance?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

I don't think Blizzard has ever really done legendaries right in WoW. Nor do I think they've really even defined what a legendary is or should be. They've changed to be something else entirely with each expansion.

Also, I don't want any in DF. Just back to basics for the team. Maybe the next expansion.

You practically had to do it with a guild and the more skilled your guild was: the faster you got it. Not only that but you couldn't just weasel your way into a guild and then get it in a few days. The 1st to get it was always the most important character to get it and in big-enough guilds that was never the carry or the new guy.
    That had the gigantic advantage of combining both skill and community; it was no longer an RNG shitfest; it wasn't enough to pay a guild and carry you if you wanted to be the 1st to get it.

And it can be easily improved, by not restricting it only to a few specs. That can even be done by stretching it across an expansion to multiple raids.

The caveat? People need to play actually an MMO. It's not welfare; it's not carrying; it's not RNG.
    This was actually the worst system. You would basically just get the legendary for someone else, while you didn't get anything out of it. Usually this was either the GM or his online girlfriend who got it and in that case it was actually in safe hands. If it went to the best player in the guild, then you can sure as hell bet that they gquit and went somewhere else. Also it did involve a lot of RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't be stuck in the word "guild". It could be done with a community too.

Point is to not be yet another mundane single player game.
    That is why things like the rogue daggers were glorious. There was a good amount of single-player, as there should be, following the need of doing some PvE content as well.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Thoriangun View Post
    Or hear me out, remove the idea of legendary from the game.

We had expansions being based around these items with systems, lets get rid and have an expansion where its presence is no more.

However this is until they can get the feature right, honestly they should have trinkets become legendary as items they function closer to them then any other weapon or armour piece does.
    I still fail to see what is wrong with the Shadowlands Legendary system. Everyone on this forum keeps complaining about it that you have to spend gold on it, because one part is crafted (lol), but other than that it worked out really well.

Nothing about getting a legendary for one person at a time was ideal by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I still fail to see what is wrong with the Shadowlands Legendary system. Everyone on this forum keeps complaining about it that you have to spend gold on it, because one part is crafted (lol), but other than that it worked out really well.
    They should require a lot less materials to learn, ie. you shouldn't be required to craft TONS of low level base items that no one wants to get the "real" recipe. Other than that I think it is fine.

But it could just have been an 8th talent row, tbh. It's not really different, other than having one item that's higher item level, and kinda restricts you on slots in some ways (shards of domination, tier set). And no specs that I play has more than 3 real options anyway, that's my biggest problem with the legendary system - it's so unbalanced that you don't actually have a choice. Some specs have 1 legendary they *have* to build for all situations, some specs have one for ST and one for AOE (raid/m+ respectively), and there's not really a choice.

Nonononono.... people don't understand what an MMO is, you see.

It means playing alone, never joining a real guild, getting everything with minimal effort and making grouped content nearly useless as you can get everthing anyway without joining a group.
    Also the most powerfull items in the game have to be available for everyone immeditaly of course. Because why develop it anyway if not EVERYONE uses it. Otherwise it is wasted dev time and should be deleted from the game immediatly. Everyone who disagrees with me is a elitist tryhard.
    Oh also no rng. Every boss should drop every item relevant for me and i want raids without having to play with actuall humans. Easy raids of course with mythic loot.

/sarc-off

The normal leggo system like sylvannas bow is still the best imho. You don't get it? So what... not everyone is supposed to get everything otherwise what makes it leggerndary. Like the stuopid current system that is only there to add to the talent tree and not to give you a leggo item. ALso incredibly expensive. Only helps blizz sell more tokens.