View Poll Results: Will you pre-order Dragonflight?

Voters
470. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I will pre-order

167 35.53%
  • I don't know

93 19.79%
  • No, I will never pre-order

210 44.68%
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Nope, even worse preordering without seeing alpha at all and in what state the game will be is awful.

Another thing if people want to give Bobby kotick last good paycheck because he just got resigned for 1 more year, then go on, just don't you even dare say anything about how bad he is later, when you're just buying in dark, with smile on your face. Fickle.

People that say "i will be playing anyway" don't even care if 50% or 80% of it might be broken which i kinda find funny, perfect blizzard clients i guess.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2022-06-24 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    This entire post is just weird. In the end, people are free to buy something they want when they want to buy it. No one is better or worse for buying the expansion now versus buying it in December.

Heaven forbid there are posters on this forum who actually enjoy Blizzard games.

- - - Updated - - -

What’s sad about preordering a game you’ve been looking forward to?
    You're wrong though. If they sold enough pre-orders it wouldn't encourage them to do any "extra," and maybe they would even cut down working hours to save money. This is because they'd have sold a satisfactory amount of copies based on little but a promise or thin air. Now, if they haven't reached a number they're happy with by launch, they will have to base it on the gameplay itself, players' spread of words and continued flow of content to the game. Feedback hasn't been an effective way to ask for changes before very recently, like 9.1, so this stems from speaking with money.

To me this expansion and its theme is the most exciting since Legion. But look at the marketing, look at the lack of info we've been provided so far, look at the product we've been showed until now. Something's iffy. And in return we're showing them that they can sell us anything at this point, that we don't even read the ingredients list and that we are ready to spend even on their slightest effort. There are few reasons to give them your money NOW when it might have a detrimental effect on product quality. Why not buy it a month before, two weeks before or just a couple of days? I enjoy WoW since 2006 and will probably buy every expansion until adult life starts weighing too much on my free time. I also blindly buy the expansions to a certain degree as I don't participate in beta. But, I never, for the sake of quality, give my money up front 6 months ahead. In its current state the product you're all buying in the battle net store might aswell be entitled "Next Expansion" shipped with "New Features." If the playerbase has any interest and hope left, we should collectively show them that we need to be provided with a lot more before we draw from our bank accounts.

Since I'm going to play DF I will likely preorder. Which version? I don't know. I dont remember how much gold I have to turn into bnet balance, etc.

Though, this will happen much closer to the release.

10+ Year Old Account
    All these silly goose guesswork what they'd or or not do with x or y number of pre-orders is just hilarious.

You people don't know shit and you try to apply your local family convenience store consumer logic to a corp that rolls billions a year.

Besides this whole thread being laughable, your support or protest here does not mean shit. There will be millions of sales and pre-orders as usual no matter the hissy fits you do on these 200 active posters forums.

134 people atm bought a game that isnt even done, there is no beta and we have no idea when it will be out.

I mean Blizzard truly know their playerbase

7+ Year Old Account
    People are free to choose whatever they want, but I'm not going to pre-order anything based on what I've seen.

I don't think 6 months is a realistic deadline where we can expect them to release the product we are expecting, if Shadowlands is anything to be believed they will just take the pre-order money and abandon ship if things don't work out.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    134 people atm bought a game that isnt even done, there is no beta and we have no idea when it will be out.

I take it pre-orders is something that only happens with Blizzard games or something?

The whole idea of pre-ordering is buying something that's not done lol

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Mainly the new race/class.
    We have seen virtually none of that though. We know 1) It's a dragon (sort of). 2) It's a caster 3) all of about three abilities it has.

I would be pretty interested in an awesome dragon-related caster too and hope it turns out good but we just haven't seen nearly enough of it yet. It's reveal was very anaemic on details and even basic spell animations. We haven't see anything close to a full range of graphical options/animations for the Dracthyr themselves either.

I want to believe they will be awesome too but Blizzard are not telling us nearly enough yet to be anything but cautious.

This is going to be the first time I'm going to wait until the expansion is actually out before buying in. I still believed I'd have friends to raid with the previous few times, but at this point everybody's gone or doing their own thing with no interest in raiding, so I'm out until I can properly see what's coming and whether or not I'll enjoy it. Quite likely I'll wait for the first big patch after launch to buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you want to preorder you do , if not you dont. Don't get why you guys are so obsessed. Get a life.
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fazaim View Post
    You're wrong though. If they sold enough pre-orders it wouldn't encourage them to do any "extra," and maybe they would even cut down working hours to save money. This is because they'd have sold a satisfactory amount of copies based on little but a promise or thin air. Now, if they haven't reached a number they're happy with by launch, they will have to base it on the gameplay itself, players' spread of words and continued flow of content to the game. Feedback hasn't been an effective way to ask for changes before very recently, like 9.1, so this stems from speaking with money.
    So what is this? A "protest"?

They're going to get enough pre-orders. All the cynical whiners and complainers on the forums and twitter represent a tiny sliver of the total WoW playerbase. Believe it or not, the internet is not real life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vandren View Post
    We have seen virtually none of that though. We know 1) It's a dragon (sort of). 2) It's a caster 3) all of about three abilities it has.

I would be pretty interested in an awesome dragon-related caster too and hope it turns out good but we just haven't seen nearly enough of it yet. It's reveal was very anaemic on details and even basic spell animations. We haven't see anything close to a full range of graphical options/animations for the Dracthyr themselves either.

I've seen enough.

Your mileage may vary.

To me this expansion and its theme is the most exciting since Legion. But look at the marketing, look at the lack of info we've been provided so far, look at the product we've been showed until now. Something's iffy. And in return we're showing them that they can sell us anything at this point, that we don't even read the ingredients list and that we are ready to spend even on their slightest effort. There are few reasons to give them your money NOW when it might have a detrimental effect on product quality. Why not buy it a month before, two weeks before or just a couple of days? I enjoy WoW since 2006 and will probably buy every expansion until adult life starts weighing too much on my free time. I also blindly buy the expansions to a certain degree as I don't participate in beta. But, I never, for the sake of quality, give my money up front 6 months ahead. In its current state the product you're all buying in the battle net store might aswell be entitled "Next Expansion" shipped with "New Features." If the playerbase has any interest and hope left, we should collectively show them that we need to be provided with a lot more before we draw from our bank accounts.
    That's just not how things work IRL dude. At this stage, all design decisions and all milestones, goals etc. are already set and once alpha comes out, most of the development of these set goals is done as well.

This whole idea that depending on how many people preorder or not will have an impact on the quality of the game is just typical BS that "gamers" keep telling themselves, but has nothing to do with reality. Like what do you think how Blizzard operates, their devs just develop the game normally, while the sales team is paying close attention to how many preorders were sold and once they reach 3million or so they go to the devs and say: "Hey you can now be lazy, don't work, just go and drink breast milk or whatever."?
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2022-06-24 at 12:09 PM.

Haven’t preordered yet. I’m hopeful, as I’ve still had enjoyment from every xpac since I started in Wrath (except Legion. Screw that forced grind crap).
    The problem is that they haven’t revealed enough. I’m resigned to the idea that this will end up, more than likely, being another WoD. I’d be fine with that, as I enjoyed the raid log game style, mixed with logging into the game because you want to vs logging in because you have to. We still haven’t seen all of the talent trees yet. In my opinion, that is greatly going to change enjoyment of playability. For me.
    So, we’ll see. Maybe after some more reveals I will be less reluctant to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Found the Blizzard employee
    Wrong. I go by facts. You and everyone else has failed to prove it. The fact that you resort to an childish attack shows you don't have any.

- - - Updated - - -

Uhh they quite literally said it would be out by December 31st 2022.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    Nope, even worse preordering without seeing alpha at all and in what state the game will be is awful.

Another thing if people want to give Bobby kotick last good paycheck because he just got resigned for 1 more year, then go on, just don't you even dare say anything about how bad he is later, when you're just buying in dark, with smile on your face. Fickle.

People that say "i will be playing anyway" don't even care if 50% or 80% of it might be broken which i kinda find funny, perfect blizzard clients i guess.
    Kotick gets the same salary no matter how many preorders this game gets. It does not work the way you think it does.

I like how the thinking around here about companies that are in business to make money is "well, if they make enough money, then they'll stop making money". Because every business throughout history has done exactly that. They've made all the money they want to make, and then they'll just stop.

Not giving them your money because you perceive the value is not worth the investment is one thing. Claiming that giving them your money will make them not work as hard to get your money is something else entirely. Do you really think they care about your $15 monthly subscription, or your $100 expansion purchase? Are you really all that full of yourselves?

- - - Updated - - -

And we found the one person who doesn't know how games work. If we go by your argument, is any game ever "done"? What about bug fixes? What about patches? Every game has those. When is a game truly "done"?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Reasons to pre order if you are not starving or have financial problems:

Pro:
    -You get a bonus
    -You have it out of the way and need only to log in on release
    -You make grown man cry on the forum

contra:
    You may not have time to play when it releases
    You may need the money for something else later
    You may have lost interest

Yeah, I think I will preorder

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    I mean, i am going to play and do M+ and Raid inevitably. The new talents look cool, and i really want to try Evoker. So yeah, ill preorder. If I get bored, ill just log in a couple times of week to do M+, and play other games. Its incredibly easy for me to get value for my money if I don't let the game piss me off or get under my skin.
    pretty much this. aside to that being its usually not something gameplay related that pisses me off. its typically something with the server community that ends up pissing me off. that said im sure itll be fun for a bit. i pay more than that to take my kids out for a day so 50 bucks for a few weeks of entertainment is cheap
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

*looks at the row of collecter's editions on the shelve*

Damnit Blizzard *preorders*

In other words as soon as the CE is available in this country's stores I'll preorder it, like with every version of WoW ever.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

I will never pre-order any video game and Blizzard is no exception. Even if I would then I would do so a few days before the game launches because I don't want to give Blizzard the impression that they can get away with being lazy again. It doesn't even make sense to buy a game that is far from finished and that you don't know all of what it offers. pre-ordering in general shouldn't even be a thing anymore after 2010, it used to have its purpose but now its just yet another marketing stunt.

Also looking at Blizzards track record for at least the past 5 years, I see very little reason to believe that they will make a great game. I'll still buy the standard edition a few days before it launches because I always get value for at least the first month were a lot of friends and guildies come back. If it ends up sucking later on like SL did I will just play something else. Their announcement of releasing DF this year already makes me sceptical that the game will even be finished.

Surprised at the poll results which used to be a lot more favored towards the people who do pre-order. Hopefully its a sign of more and more people waking up.