Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Nonononono.... people don't understand what an MMO is, you see.

It means playing alone, never joining a real guild, getting everything with minimal effort and making grouped content nearly useless as you can get everthing anyway without joining a group.
    Also the most powerfull items in the game have to be available for everyone immeditaly of course. Because why develop it anyway if not EVERYONE uses it. Otherwise it is wasted dev time and should be deleted from the game immediatly. Everyone who disagrees with me is a elitist tryhard.
    Oh also no rng. Every boss should drop every item relevant for me and i want raids without having to play with actuall humans. Easy raids of course with mythic loot.

/sarc-off
    You know, you can play with friends or in a guild *without* spending weeks and months of work on getting someone else their legendary...?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I encourage OP to obtain Shadowmourne on wotlk classic soon and experience the shitshow this "ideal" legendary system is...
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    You know, you can play with friends or in a guild *without* spending weeks and months of work on getting someone else their legendary...?
    Well i also played TBC without getting a legendary. Someone else got them. And i was fine with it.

And in Wotlk to. I don't like the whole "i need everything" mentality. A legendary is not legendary if it is this eas to obtain. Thereotically in the old system everyone could get it. But they won't because it would take longer than the tier is running. That is OK. I still remeber seeing the first person with both glaives in TBC back then.

Or that one guy on my server who had a atiesh. It was actually legendary.

You don't run the raids to only get the leggendary. You also get the normal loot and play the game.

There is absolutly nothing legendary about the SL or legion legendaries. Or any of the other quest legendaries. Epic at most. Color was an indicator of rarity... I don't even know what this color means anymore. Epics from quests. Leggos... buyable... blues are utterly useless and there is no reason for greens anymore to exist.

If you play in a guild group you help others get stronger and they help you in return. Someone will always get better loot.

Forced personal loot and goodwill legendaries make loot feel meaningless and/or worthless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guilds are too impermanent to support a system like this any longer. The legendary system in Firelands will no longer foster community (if it really ever did...there are enough horror stories about that time. I have one of my own in fact from my guild then and how we lost our #2 healer). It's a terrible idea. It just doesn't work now and there's no going back.

There's nothing wrong with the idea that a guild can assist a member to obtain one in a faster way than going it alone but legendaries (misnamed that they are) should have an option to go it alone.

I mostly agree with those that say that legendary items don't need to be in the game at all.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2022-06-24 at 09:01 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Legendarys should be only obtainable when the raid tier is the newest one.

In 4.3 RBG was super fcked uo, because you just saw Caster/Dotcleaves. Just Boomys, Afflis, Shadows, Firemages etc with Firelands Leggy + Cunning heroic from DS. And the top groups also have a rogue with DS leggy and a dk with Gurthalak heroic. As a pvp only you didnt got any invites in good groups anymore.

When the raidtier with leggy is over people can farm them for transmig, achivment and some toys u kaybe get with that leggy, but the effect of the leggy should be disabled.

Well i also played TBC without getting a legendary. Someone else got them. And i was fine with it.

And in Wotlk to. I don't like the whole "i need everything" mentality.
    I believe that you were fine with it. I even believe that you might still be fine with it today.

But the majority of players today won't be. Having a legendary system like this in the game today, would be horrible, and I 100% believe they'll never do that again. I can see legendary quest lines coming back, craftable legendaries or even random drop legendaries. But "funnel all guild drops into one single person for weeks"? Nope.

There is absolutly nothing legendary about the SL or legion legendaries. Or any of the other quest legendaries. Epic at most. Color was an indicator of rarity... I don't even know what this color means anymore. Epics from quests. Leggos... buyable... blues are utterly useless and there is no reason for greens anymore to exist.
    I agree, there's no reason for SL legendaries to exist, as I said it could have just as well been a talent row. I don't know a good solution for legendaries, other than to just not have them. Maybe a legendary that just straight up drops, like the Sylvanas bow, but then it can't be too strong or it just might feel bad if you spend 3 months raiding in a tier and not get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The best legendary system is in Guild Wars 2.
    Must agree with this. Unfortunately something like that won't work in WoW because it's full vertical progression and every patch or so gear gets reset.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I'd rather have legendaries renamed to something else and use MoP/Wod like systems and be rewarded more on personal skill/dedication rather than an entire community's dedication but with only 1-2 people that get the reward.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    making an actual list/player ranking and putting it black and white who is better or more valuable than who, that is an entirely different thing.
    It's a higher level thing, in understanding excessive selfishness in a guild doesn't move the guild forward. It's good for a guild to mold themselves to not be bothered by this.

Notice I said "excessive" selfishness; it's not healthy to whine someone is going to get an item before you if they benefit the guild; it's pure destructive ego.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Who got it first? That's right, the GM.
    Good. And then you ditched that GM and went elsewhere (unless you were idiots and stayed with that GM).

The benefit works both ways; it molds a team to be better; it also takes good players out of bad leaders.

- - - Updated - - -

sylvannas bow is still the best
    That's regression, to the archaic system of almost-pure-RNG. It offers nothing more than "lol it dropped randomly".

almost no skill and no community required

some of you want to play single player games and don't know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    It's a higher level thing, in understanding excessive selfishness in a guild doesn't move the guild forward. It's good for a guild to mold themselves to not be bothered by this.

Notice I said "excessive" selfishness; it's not healthy to whine someone is going to get an item before you if they benefit the guild; it's pure destructive ego.

- - - Updated - - -

Good. And then you ditched that GM and went elsewhere (unless you were idiots and stayed with that GM).

The benefit works both ways; it molds a team to be better; it also takes good players out of bad leaders.

- - - Updated - - -

That's regression, to the archaic system of almost-pure-RNG. It offers nothing more than "lol it dropped randomly".

almost no skill and no community required

some of you want to play single player games and don't know about it.
    Then make it into valanir. What exactly is more "community" in the other leggo system where you don't even have to do group content at all?

Legion drops anywhere. SL you can get via lfg/lfr.

For Sylvannas Bow, Valanir, Glaives you at least have to have a group of people who have to play together to get to the point of it dropping.

RNG is used as boogieman in recent times. RNG is valid for gear. 100% deterministic gear is boring. There is no need for gear then at all anyway becuase you always get what you want and can actually calculate when you get it. Boring as fuck.
    100% rng gear is the best solution for MMOs. People just got too used to getting 100% bis in 2 weeks.

Nonononono.... people don't understand what an MMO is, you see.

It means playing alone, never joining a real guild, getting everything with minimal effort and making grouped content nearly useless as you can get everthing anyway without joining a group.
    Also the most powerfull items in the game have to be available for everyone immeditaly of course. Because why develop it anyway if not EVERYONE uses it. Otherwise it is wasted dev time and should be deleted from the game immediatly. Everyone who disagrees with me is a elitist tryhard.
    Oh also no rng. Every boss should drop every item relevant for me and i want raids without having to play with actuall humans. Easy raids of course with mythic loot.

/sarc-off

The normal leggo system like sylvannas bow is still the best imho. You don't get it? So what... not everyone is supposed to get everything otherwise what makes it leggerndary. Like the stuopid current system that is only there to add to the talent tree and not to give you a leggo item. ALso incredibly expensive. Only helps blizz sell more tokens.
    Yeah, because RNG is the best system. *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Yeah, because RNG is the best system. *facepalm*

yes
    ./10char

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Must agree with this. Unfortunately something like that won't work in WoW because it's full vertical progression and every patch or so gear gets reset.
    Yep, and they could change it but hubris gets the best of them.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

yes
    ./10char
    Yeah sure whatever.

The fact that you're a hypocrite about it and don't even notice is kinda funny in a way.

You put in sarcasm to tell how bad the other systems are and how minimum effort they are, require no "community" etc... and yet it's actually the RNG system which ranks worst on all these things you mentioned. It requires no skill, no effort, no team play to get such an item, but just pure luck.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Yeah sure whatever.

The fact that you're a hypocrite about it and don't even notice is kinda funny in a way.

You put in sarcasm to tell how bad the other systems are and how minimum effort they are, require no "community" etc... and yet it's actually the RNG system which ranks worst on all these things you mentioned. It requires no skill, no effort, no team play to get such an item, but just pure luck.
    Agree to disagree

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    You practically had to do it with a guild and the more skilled your guild was: the faster you got it. Not only that but you couldn't just weasel your way into a guild and then get it in a few days. The 1st to get it was always the most important character to get it and in big-enough guilds that was never the carry or the new guy.
    That had the gigantic advantage of combining both skill and community; it was no longer an RNG shitfest; it wasn't enough to pay a guild and carry you if you wanted to be the 1st to get it.

And it can be easily improved, by not restricting it only to a few specs. That can even be done by stretching it across an expansion to multiple raids.

The caveat? People need to play actually an MMO. It's not welfare; it's not carrying; it's not RNG.
    Even SL's version was better, and i'm not saying that because it was any good.

Stop trying to force people to play with you, it's better to become more tolerable if that is your goal.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Legendary Items should be a super rare raidboss drop quest item.That gives you a quest that you can complete solo.

Also Legendary Items should not give an extreme powerboost. It should alter you gameplay slightly and that should give you new benefits but also downsides.

Example, you may move when casting Aimed Shot and Aimed shot has 20% chance to trigger an second attack. But the focus cost of Aimed Shot is increased by 7.

7+ Year Old Account
    I liked the hand of rag way. Make a hammer, get a drop and bam you have a legendary. That or TBC way where they are just drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people (especially dps) raid to compete. Not only killing bosses fast, but also on how much damage you can deal. Either by comparing with your guildies or logging against others of your class & spec. A powerful legendary with limited availability such as this ruins that for everyone who is not graced by RNG or their guild to get the item. Its not particularly fun competing against someone who is doing 20% more dps than everyone else just cause they got the legendary. That was the major complaint about legion legendaries - You felt useless until you got a good one drop.
    A good legendary system makes you feel good when you get it without making you feel terrible until you do. Tarecgosa was not that. Legion legendaries was not that. Mop/wod legendaries did that pretty well (it had other problems however)

MoP model was the best. Everyone could get the legendary but it would take time and effort, no matter if you did LFR or mythic.