10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    no, it's the system itself that allowed this to happen, I'm sick and tired of playing on it's terms, and THAT'S the part that makes you and other's uneasy. an actual desire to see material change instead of doing the good citizen routine and voting for the right people every 2 years.

American democracy (not democracy itself) is broken, the institutions are useless and need to be tossed the hell out. anything short of that is just trying to cover the problems up with duct tape.
    And if I were convinced that could change in any other way then getting people off theirs apathetic, jaded asses to actually elect enough good people to actually do something about it… then I’d say go for it.

Outrage doesn’t result in action. Only action results in action, and the forms of action that are available… or perhaps should I say, effective, are limited.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, if you're just gonna sit here continuing to lie in bad faith, go for it.
    no, that's exactly what happened. you libs just cannot under any circumstances accept that she was a bad candidate that ran an equally bad campgain.

Do people honestly think that even if Hillary had won in 16 Republicans wouldn't have just left the court seats unfilled till they won the presidency again?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    What caused this were narcissists who either didn't vote in 2016 because Hillary didn't pander to them or they voted for Trump out of spite and refused to listen to the warnings as to what was at stake if Trump won.
    what caused this were a bunch of pseudo-intellectual ball chugging rich white assholes who tripped over their dicks and landed on the last huge patch of unclaimed fertile land on the planet, became a world-established economic power house due to textiles and slavery, and thought that made them awesome enough to tell the rest of the planet to go fuck itself, they were gonna make their own country with blackjack and hookers.

the US has been the rotting-from-the-inside living corpse of a painted up whore for over 150 years, and this modern day political crap is the direct result of the slap-dash and pig-fuckingly stupid bullshit written into the founding of the country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    That’s what Democrats get for nominating such a bad candidate. Some very political people idealize the election of a slate of policies and not a person, but every election shows the person and what they represent come as a package deal. Hillary, Trump, and Biden. For better or for worse.

Now, the country returns to the short-circuited process from the 1970s in fighting 50 different abortion compromises and watching the results from them. I’m thinking on the scale of the next two decades of legislative battles. The states that most deeply relied on nine legislators wearing black robes have the most work to do. Even the pro-life side has a ton of work to do, because they have to newly persuade people that thought the constitution had something written in it about abortion (or that abortion was illegal everywhere but for Roe vs Wade). This is particularly important for people that have a strong opinion on one side or another of abortion, but don’t have a clue about who is their state representative(s).

Keep telling yourself that. Your bullshit caused this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    what caused this were a bunch of pseudo-intellectual ball chugging rich white assholes who tripped over their dicks and landed on the last huge patch of unclaimed fertile land on the planet, became a world-established economic power house due to textiles and slavery, and thought that made them awesome enough to tell the rest of the planet to go fuck itself, they were gonna make their own country with blackjack and hookers.

the US has been the rotting-from-the-inside living corpse of a painted up whore for over 150 years, and this modern day political crap is the direct result of the slap-dash and pig-fuckingly stupid bullshit written into the founding of the country.
    Nah this right here. This is exactly what BS I’m talking about anything to help your Joker fantasy of watching the world burn. Congratulations
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    no, that's exactly what happened. you libs just cannot under any circumstances accept that she was a bad candidate that ran an equally bad campgain.
    Keep making excuses for your own consequences of your vote. Doesnt make you look any better to poeple that are actually affected by all this. but muh FEEEEELINGS

7+ Year Old Account
    Damm this is dark! :O

Not that SCOTUS overturned Roe Vs Wade, but that so many states are just instantly making it illigal....Like, instantly O.o

I get the entire life-vs-choice here, but just completly removing a health system in your state overnight, no thinking about providing something to replace it or support woman instead, nope, just complete removal overnight O.o

States like Oregon and Washington just got way more attractive.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    Do people honestly think that even if Hillary had won in 16 Republicans wouldn't have just left the court seats unfilled till they won the presidency again?
    Yes because she could have selected 2 Supreme Court nominations and even if Republicans tried we could have still kept the Supreme Court filled with those that cared about the constitution and not a cult of GQP.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    There is some thought to the idea that had Hillary won, we wouldn't have gotten the House and Senate back. The calculus is almost literally impossible to address, but 2020 could have played out with Trump beating Hillary in her second term race, and then having the House and Senate both be GQP controlled.

However, I would disagree with you that had Hillary won, the GQP would have left the seats open for years. Two of the three seats Mitch filled would have gone Moderate/Liberal, with the court sitting at 5-4 liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Keep making excuses for your own consequences of your vote. Doesnt make you look any better to poeple that are actually affected by all this. but muh FEEEEELINGS
    I'm sorry if attacking me and not the actual argument I'm making makes your fee fees better. it's kind of pathetic.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Damm this is dark! :O

Not that SCOTUS overturned Roe Vs Wade, but that so many states are just instantly making it illigal....Like, instantly O.o

I get the entire life-vs-choice here, but just completly removing a health system in your state overnight, no thinking about providing something to replace it or support woman instead, nope, just complete removal overnight O.o

States like Oregon and Washington just got way more attractive.
    They had trigger laws on the books. Essentially laws that could not be enforced, but still on the books.

So as soon as Roe v Wade was overturned, they went immediately into effect
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    WE GAVE HILLARY CLINTON 3 MILLION VOTES OVER THE OTHER GUY. it's not our fault she didn't campgain in the TEN FUCKING STATES that Obama won back in 2008 and 2012. she lost those states! she did! her!
    It doesn't matter if a candidate sits on their couch and doesn't leave once during the entire election season.

Everyone knows at this point what the two parties stand for and what (roughly) will happen with them in power.

The Republicans did this to us. But they couldn't have done it without all the people who decided to sit 2016 out and let Trump get into power. We all knew the SCOTUS was at stake. None of this should be a surprise. This is what political apathy has wrought.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry if attacking me and not the actual argument I'm making makes your fee fees better. it's kind of pathetic.
    i mean your argument is dumb. The only reason she was bad is if your feelings got hurt, you're a conservative, or you're a conspiracy nut. Her actual policies were fine, and she was much better in smaller meetups as a person.

So yeah, dont have much respect for poeple who judge her as bad based on their feelings.

Also, I bet you cant die form not being able to get an abortion top save your life form sepsis, as opposed to me.

Jesus christ, let's not go down this road. Because it's a bad road for the Bernie-or-bust stans who got their fee fees hurt because Hillary, who was unlikable but extremely qualified, said they lived in their parents basement. And placed their own fee fee's first, ahead of others who were at risk - and are now suffering the consequences of - losing some of their rights.

10+ Year Old Account
    No you’re just making it real clear you’re the kind of person that helped this along.

Hillary had to pretend to be cool and your best friend. Fuck the fact she actually represented being qualified and capable.

If Hillary had won this wouldn’t have happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    It doesn't matter if a candidate sits on their couch and doesn't leave once during the entire election season.

Everyone knows at this point what the two parties stand for and what (roughly) will happen with them in power.

The Republicans did this to us. But they couldn't have done it without all the people who decided to sit 2016 out and let Trump get into power. We all knew the SCOTUS was at stake. None of this should be a surprise. This is what political apathy has wrought.

I just want to point out all of this is right except it wasn’t just people that stayed home. It was protest voting for people who had no chance of winning in the general election.

That more than anything along with in fighting and bickering. Helped Trump win.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i mean your argument is dumb. The only reason she was bad is if your feelings got hurt, you're a conservative, or you're a conspiracy nut. Her actual policies were fine, and she was much better in smaller meetups as a person.
    what the fuck are you talking about? my feelings? I'm sorry it seems like the only emotional one here is you.

she sucked because she ran a bad campgain and ignored the rust belt that ultimately lost her the election... like, IDK what the fuck you are on to think my analysis of that stems from some personnel grudge against her... that's so fucking weird.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2022-06-24 at 06:22 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    They had trigger laws on the books. Essentially laws that could not be enforced, but still on the books.

So as soon as Roe v Wade was overturned, they went immediately into effect
    ... That seems kinda zealous O.o

Like instead of waiting to start a process, where we move towards a goal of having no abortion, its a trigger thing. I don't think its healthy for something like this, a medical/health thing, to be made on a trigger O.o
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Nah this right here. This is exactly what BS I’m talking about anything to help your Joker fantasy of watching the world burn. Congratulations
    the fuck is that supposed to mean?
    i'm not stupid enough to blindly think that everything going on right now in the US is the result of one election 6 years ago, so that means i have a joker fantasy?

the state of US cultural and of politics is the direct result of what came before it, i can't help it if you (or anyone else) is too stupid or ignorant of history to see the broader context here.

the founding of the US was dog shit (politically and socially), and it was founded with stupid and ill conceived principles that were badly written by a bunch of witless self important backwater shit-for-brains, and the expectation that a country that psychotically tries to adopt an attitude of stridently adhering to that foundation wouldn't wind up in the state the US is in now is simply short sighted.

essential and meaningful reform is required on the local, state, and federal level to ever enact any real change.
    right now the US is like a bowling lane... sometimes the bowler is better or worse.
    (in this metaphor, 'the pins gets knocked down' is the majority of the serf class live a life of barely-above-poverty drudgery, their existence of toil broken up only by a few hours each day of something shiny to distract them, while a tiny minority of feudal lords reap every benefit of society at large at the expense of everyone else)

if your goal is to change the game that's being played so that pins are no longer being knocked down, the solution is not to just shrug and go "well sometimes there's a gutter" and hope that the next bowler isn't very good.
    the solution is not to nod along while the bowling alley puts in bumpers to ensure that every pin is knocked down every time, and go 'well i'm sure in 4 years they'll take the bumpers off and then sometimes we'll get gutter balls"

the end result of playing bowling is always the same: the pins get knocked down.

the idea is to start playing a different game.
    or, alternately, the idea is to go "ok well you know what? bowling is the only thing that's ever going to happen here, but i will not participate in this and throw the ball just to get to be one of the ones who knocks down the pins. i'll be over in the arcade having some shitty pizza" and just NOPE of the entire system.
    Last edited by Malkiah; 2022-06-24 at 06:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    what the fuck are you talking about? my feelings? I'm sorry it seems like the only emotional one here is you.

she sucked because she ran a bad campgain and ignored the rust belt that ultimately lost her the election... like, IDK what the fuck you are on to think my analysis of that stems from some person grudge against her... that's so fucking weird.
    yeah your feelings. I'll fully admit my feleings right now are mad. You're the one that seems to thinkk you're being logical while blaming everyone but yourself. like literally "she's bad cause she didnt visit" despite having policies that would have benefitted them? The voters then clearly idiots.

and the rustbelt bought in to the conspiracies. Pretty convinced they wouldnt have been undone by a visit. Then there are plenty that voted 3rd party or just sat home. Those people deserve the suffering they wrought by inaction.

So how can we abolish the Supreme Court or make Puerto Rico a state asap?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."