View Poll Results: Will you pre-order Dragonflight?

Voters
470. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I will pre-order

167 35.53%
  • I don't know

93 19.79%
  • No, I will never pre-order

210 44.68%
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Nah, I don't fall for the pre-order bait anymore. Just a means for companies to boost numbers when they want them. Blizzard is also pretty predatory by handing out items that void the ability to get a refund because you "used them" already and then take their time delivering.. or deliver a half baked product that over the course of 6 months gets slowly corrected. Don't take this as I won't EVER by Dragonflight. Its a pretty strong possibility I will, but they can get my money when they got a product to give me and I can see what it is they are actually delivering. Not just the hype bullet points and some short pre-selected and pre-screen game clips. That cash is better served doing things for me instead of them until that day comes. Even if I would have the money available on either end of the cycle.

I am getting the feeling this us going to ve the biggest flop in wow history..I don't get the sense that any heart abd soul went into this expansion. On top if being developed during pandemic, law suits and oiss poor employee morale...and jey devs quitting... it's a perfect storm fir a totally shit expansion. Seems like a desperate cash grab..I do feel that the tanking economy, rapid inflation abd other challenges are going to work against this expansion.
    Last edited by Dystemper; 2022-06-24 at 04:42 PM.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    I like how the thinking around here about companies that are in business to make money is "well, if they make enough money, then they'll stop making money". Because every business throughout history has done exactly that. They've made all the money they want to make, and then they'll just stop.

Not giving them your money because you perceive the value is not worth the investment is one thing. Claiming that giving them your money will make them not work as hard to get your money is something else entirely. Do you really think they care about your $15 monthly subscription, or your $100 expansion purchase? Are you really all that full of yourselves?
    I'm one voicing my opinion. Think about the millions who aren't but think the same. You must by now be aware that WoW is kept alive by a decreasing playerbase. Its accessibility isn't comparable to current standards. So yes, I think they very much care about players, including me, who've been here many years.

Quote Originally Posted by The King in Yellow View Post
    *looks at the row of collecter's editions on the shelve*

Damnit Blizzard *preorders*

In other words as soon as the CE is available in this country's stores I'll preorder it, like with every version of WoW ever.
    Honestly, I can understand pre-ordering of physical CE much more than digital ones.
    The physical ones need to arrive on time, so you order early.
    The physical ones have at least the theoretical possibility of being sold out when you want to buy them, there is a finite number of them.
    In reality that hardly ever matters since Woltk, but at least there is the possibility to miss out if you do not preorder.

The digital versions literally have an infinite amount.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    That's just not how things work IRL dude. At this stage, all design decisions and all milestones, goals etc. are already set and once alpha comes out, most of the development of these set goals is done as well.

This whole idea that depending on how many people preorder or not will have an impact on the quality of the game is just typical BS that "gamers" keep telling themselves, but has nothing to do with reality. Like what do you think how Blizzard operates, their devs just develop the game normally, while the sales team is paying close attention to how many preorders were sold and once they reach 3million or so they go to the devs and say: "Hey you can now be lazy, don't work, just go and drink breast milk or whatever."?
    You try to mock with an oversimplified example, which is unnecessary, but more than anything it shows you've never worked developing products. When a product doesn't perform as you want up until or on release, you don't leave it after having poured hundreds of hours into it, instead you start bettering the features you believe in and get back to the creative board. When things perform as you wanted, you do pat yourself on the shoulder and relax a little, not necessarily fucking off completely sucking on tits, but maybe move on to the next feature when what you really should've done is kept improving your product. This is reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I never pre-order anything that's digital. Games, books, whatever it is. I can wait until the day before, the day, or afterwards.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So what is this? A "protest"?

They're going to get enough pre-orders. All the cynical whiners and complainers on the forums and twitter represent a tiny sliver of the total WoW playerbase. Believe it or not, the internet is not real life.
    How do you figure this when the playerbase is continuously shrinking? Are people cynical whiners or tired of being let down? I have never in my 16 years seen as much disappointment as in BfA through Shadowlands. That sliver you're talking about has millions of players backing up the same opinions, just not being vocal about it on said platforms.

I need more information about class changes/evokers and the actual content before I consider preordering

I mean I'll probably get it eventually but so far nothing has wowed (haha pun) yet

Nope. I completely deleted my Blizzard account, and after 17 years am finally done with WoW. I do look forward to hearing about the story beats, but I am no longer someone Blizzard can count on for pre-order.

Quote Originally Posted by fazaim View Post
    You try to mock with an oversimplified example, which is unnecessary, but more than anything it shows you've never worked developing products. When a product doesn't perform as you want up until or on release, you don't leave it after having poured hundreds of hours into it, instead you start bettering the features you believe in and get back to the creative board. When things perform as you wanted, you do pat yourself on the shoulder and relax a little, not necessarily fucking off completely sucking on tits, but maybe move on to the next feature when what you really should've done is kept improving your product. This is reality.
    I've been working in game development for now over 10 years...

Also *facepalm*

I am almost 100% certain that I am going to play Dragonflight, so eventually I probably will, especially if having access to Evoker in the prepatch is one of the perks of pre-ordering the expansion.

But I haven't as of yet, since the public alpha/beta hasn't started yet, and so I don't know nearly enough about it to make my decision just now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    You need an option for "Not yet: They need to release more information to see if its worth it."
    agree
    the only positive for me so far (which is MASSIVE) is talent system
    the negative however is far more, from 'gliding' to how half (quarter?) assed the dragon race to even less zones to obvious problem in blizz itself with how are their latest games
    i'm skeptical and may not pre-order, but never say never, who knows
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    Nope. I completely deleted my Blizzard account, and after 17 years am finally done with WoW. I do look forward to hearing about the story beats, but I am no longer someone Blizzard can count on for pre-order.
    Yet you are still posting on a WoW fansite. Deleting your account was probably foolish as you might want to play further down the line and you'll have to start from scratch, if it was affecting you that much why not just uninstall and delete the launcher?

Probably not at all.

Raidlogging isn't my thing, seeing Shadowlands became that, and I can't see DF being any less so I just won't bother I think. The classes better be awesome to play if I am to be playing again. Listening to players from BfA to and including Dragonflights killed my interest in the game with the devs doing the wrong changes(from my perspective)

I might get it down the line to experience the leveling and early max level story, but thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    I'll be preordering it. I preordered every other expansion (Collector's Editions of all of them) and I'll do it for this one so I have the set. Call me a moron, call me a sheep - I don't care. It's my money and I'll do with it what I want.

At least I'm being honest, and not spending my days blathering on about how horrible the game is on one of the biggest fansites out there so someone will pay me the slightest bit of attention.
    Nothing against pre-ordering the collector's edition: at least there are some physical benefits from it (and better people pre-order them than the scalper), but i really don't see any benefit from pre-purchasing wow before at least the beta is out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    I am almost 100% certain that I am going to play Dragonflight, so eventually I probably will, especially if having access to Evoker in the prepatch is one of the perks of pre-ordering the expansion.

But I haven't as of yet, since the public alpha/beta hasn't started yet, and so I don't know nearly enough about it to make my decision just now.
    Actually playing evoker is part of the expansion, so i would not count this as a pre-order. I do probably the same: wait until the beta is out and watch if the class is any good (and the expansion). If yes, i will also pre-order it.

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen enough.

Your mileage may vary.
    Absolutely not: seeing a FEW abilities can't even compare how the class feels to play. Especially with the new mechanic where you can charge an ability and unleash it. Or how are the synergies, procs, talents, cast, movement, cc and so on. Numbers are important too: having filler-spells that hits like a wet noodle is also not good if you only do damage on specific time windows.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I changed my mind a little. Probably not going to preorder even with gold until Alpha/Beta because we haven’t seen anything tangible yet.

If the new class feels good, especially in PvP I might.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by fazaim View Post
    Are people cynical whiners or tired of being let down?
    Around here? Both. More of the former than the latter, I'd wager.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    Sure, you're done.

That's why you're hanging around here. That's why you "look forward to hearing about the story beats". Because you're done with the game. You're not at all still interested in it, or care about what happens with it at all, and Blizzard has completely lost you as a customer.

Is what you're saying, right? Just so I'm sure I understand.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!