10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I just fundamentally don't understand the whole "B-b-b-b-but Hillary didn't suck me off enough personally so I didn't vote for her."

I fully recognize I'm about 2000% a pragmatic voter and idealistic voters exist, but I just don't understand the people who think we can afford idealism when so much is at stake. Just don't get it.

LOL exactly because a candidate can hold their fucking hand or capitulate and lie to them about their own individual issues or else.

As for those you mentioned who can afford idealism, those are the stupid and uneducated. Stupid if they knew better but went against that knowledge to help Trump. The uneducated who obviously didn't care beyond a single issue.

The Stupid were the celebrities. Like Kanye West
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

This ruling? Absolutely. This ruling is the consequence of the 2016 election, and we knew this was a serious risk heading into the election. Which is why a great many of us put our personal feelings about the Democratic candidate aside and voted for the "less bad" of the two options who wasn't going to cause immeasurable harm during, and after her administration.

Though Bernie-stans shoulder a minority of the blame. It's 99% on Republicans, we're just point out that Bernie-stans who refused to vote for Hillary because she hurt their fee fees are a part of that problem.
    Bernie bros went out and voted for Hillary for the most part... like what the fuck is wrong with you people? you really cannot even for one second bring yourself to criticize the person who lost to Trump. and then you project this same literal cult like mentality onto other people by accusing them of being brain dead "Bernie-bros", how you cannot see this irony is baffling to me.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2022-06-24 at 06:45 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I mean, without being fed / clothed / educated, they'll likely die anyway. Just...outside the womb. Or end up in jail.
    Good to know your stance is "Death to the Poor."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Which is a violation of the Constitution in more ways than one, but I guess they'll justify it by the fugitive slave laws.
    Yeah they are also talking about succeeding from the union too which is also problematic, doesn't mean they aren't going to do it.

As to slavery, I am sure they will do that too, already a School board in Tennessee includes individuals who advocate for suggesting slavery was a GOOD thing.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2022-06-24 at 06:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    I live in Texas. Thats the state's government's position, not mine. Literally cutting all welfare possible just to fund the border mission.

Also, i imagine death in the womb is better than being abused in the foster care system.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    I wonder how politics work in countries where people don't feel like the person they are voting for has to have passed within 20 miles of them at some point, to be worthy of consideration.
    take it up with those voters... holy fuck that's the point I was making... actually bother to listen to them instead of telling them this is your god now, go vote for her.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    No, that's your stance is you don't help them.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    Bernie bros went out and voted for Hillary for the most part... like what the fuck is wrong with you people? you really cannot even for one second bring yourself to criticize the person to lost to Trump.
    We can and do. She was unlikable and ran a bad campaign, but was absolutely the most qualified candidate in history and would have ensured that a moderate, at least, Justice was nominated to the SCOTUS. Literally none of us are shy about our criticisms of her and her campaign, and I'm not sure why you keep saying we aren't talking about it.

and then you project this same literal cult like mentality onto other people by accusing them of being brain dead "Bernie-bros", how you cannot see this irony is baffling to me.
    https://www.npr.org/2017/08/24/54581...p-survey-finds

12% of Sanders voters went for Trump, for some insane, nonsensical reason.

- - - Updated - - -

That's literally a Republican policy position, my guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I mean, again that's you avoiding any responsibility at all.
    for what? explain this to me, what fucking responsibility am I supposed to have to you people besides going out to vote? cool, I did that by the way, in a blue state, where Hillary won...

but no lets take 5 steps further and call me a conservative who was so butthurt over a girl boss stomping on my nuts epically that I got so salty I went out and voted for her anyway....

I mean, this ruling is directly a result of one election 6 years ago.
    maybe this ruling happening *right now* is, but that's a coincidence of events happening at the right time within a span of a couple years.
    long term, this ruling was going to happen sooner or later, or a republican majority was going to hit and they were going to pass something which accomplished the same thing.

yes, a republican being president over a 4 year period where republicans were also controlling governmental minutia that happened at the same time that 4 supreme justices were replaced is the cocktail that allowed this particular ruling to happen in mid 2022, but the overall agenda of getting something judicial or legislative done to dismantle abortion access in the US has been in the works for 40 years.

this was going to inevitably happen no matter what because the dems are still operating on their core governmental principle of being a staid conservative body that is primarily interested in maintaining a status quo of a pro-corporate predatory capitalistic social order, with minor concessions being wrung out of them occasionally to placate the populace into accepting the state of things.

and that's fine in the grand scheme of things, a political party being stodgy and just wanting the ball to keep rolling along as it has been isn't inherently a bad thing in a country where everything more or less works for most people, but it becomes a huge problem when the only other political party is a culture flame war with legislative powers acting on wantonly degenerate instincts to try to destroy the concept of human civilization as we know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly... why can't we blame both? I keep seeing some people place the majority of the blame on Hillary and others placing it on the voters alone.

These factors didn't happen in a vacuum... both could (and imo are) be factors as to how the 2016 election turned out. Honestly arguing about who was more to blame for the 2016 election just seems pointless as taking steps to better inform the public and fighting for better representatives is something we can (and should) be doing right now to have a better future for our nation.

Tbf if your stance is "if you can't feed/cloth/educate them, we might as well just kill them" that's pretty bad all on it's own.
    you realize that by not being able to afford to feed, clothe and educate them can lead to a huge increase in them dying right?

So yah, are republicans going to approve a huge increase in welfare and childcare benefits now?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    take it up with those voters... holy fuck that's the point I was making... actually bother to listen to them instead of telling them this is your god now, go vote for her.
    Nah, I enjoy traitors being tagged with this shit once they realize their selfish actions now led them to Trumpeters who used them to try to stamp their very existence.

These people knew better, but rather then doing the smart thing wanted to be concerned with making friends with people that fucking hate them.

Party platforms are online. People can read. If anyone needs a weird rally, which traditionally never include additional information, to make their decision, they probably have no business making political or any decision for themselves.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

for what? explain this to me, what fucking responsibility am I supposed to have to you people besides going out to vote? cool, I did that by the way, in a blue state, where Hillary won...
    vote harder, donate more money!

dunno why u are talkin bout hilary, 2000 election + citizens united more influential.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Party platforms are online. People can read. If anyone needs a weird rally, which traditionally never include additional information, to make their decision, they probably have no business making political or any decision for themselves.
    you are describing someone whom I was just describing... uuuuuugh

Bernie bros went out and voted for Hillary for the most part... like what the fuck is wrong with you people? you really cannot even for one second bring yourself to criticize the person who lost to Trump. and then you project this same literal cult like mentality onto other people by accusing them of being brain dead "Bernie-bros", how you cannot see this irony is baffling to me.
    Yep. I have been on board with Bernie because of his policy positions for a long time now. He's been my preferred candidate in both of the last elections. And yet, despite the fact that he was hobbled both times by the DNC establishment, I still voted for their preferred candidate. And still, we get this shit from them.

I just don't get how a policy of insulting and attempting to shame the people you want to help you out could possibly work?

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    I still voted for their preferred candidate.
    I'm not sure why y'all are getting upset then since the criticism are directed at the Bernie-stans that voted for Trump, not those that sucked it up like the rest of us and voted for the candidate who wouldn't risk peoples rights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    As for those you mentioned who can afford idealism, those are the stupid and uneducated.
    I don't think that's fair. They are idealists -- that doesn't make them inherently stupid or uneducated. It just makes them...I dunno...willing to lose everything if they can't get everything?

As I said I recognize I'm not this mindset at all so it's hard for me to understand but I don't think it's fair to call they all stupid and uneducated. Just...idealist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    long term, this ruling was going to happen sooner or later
    Nope. SCOTUS appointments are for life. We could have locked the SCOTUS up for 20-40 years with the right picks. You really think 30 years from now we're going to be debating abortion like we do today? Or that gay rights would be back on the chopping block in 30 years? C'mon.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that's fair. They are idealists -- that doesn't make them inherently stupid or uneducated. It just makes them...I dunno...willing to lose everything if they can't get everything?

As I said I recognize I'm not this mindset at all so it's hard for me to understand but I don't think it's fair to call they all stupid and uneducated. Just...idealist.
    Idealism isn't stupid, as I said Knowing something to be wrong and going with it anyways, that is stupid, regardless to how it makes anyone feel.

EVERYONE is stupid about something. The problem is when individual stupidity leads to the suffering of others. That's what happened today.