10+ Year Old Account
    "This is an EMERGENCY. Please give us money so we can talk about maybe trying to get around to thinking about potential solutions in 6 months or so. If we're lucky."

This is the problem with Democrats in general. You're in Congress right now. Fix it now.

"Oh, but the Senate . . . " Okay, if that's a problem, why do you think you'll be able to do shit in 6 months after the Mid-terms.?

Stop admitting that you're toothless and ineffective, and start doing the bare fuckin' minimum of what your job entails, you insufferable leech.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Here is the hard charging Dems!

Always passively fighting for us and not doing shit. I'm talking about this is a weak as you can look people.
    Did this or the poem work I haven't checked yet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I just fundamentally don't understand the whole "B-b-b-b-but Hillary didn't suck me off enough personally so I didn't vote for her."

I fully recognize I'm about 2000% a pragmatic voter and idealistic voters exist, but I just don't understand the people who think we can afford idealism when so much is at stake. Just don't get it.
    they know that in the end, the hammer wont come down on them directly
    like the Texas GOP wanting to repeal the (already badly damaged) Civil Rights Act
    it wont be them losing their rights, their life will stay the same most likely, so in the end, its all just a thought exercise for them
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

dems had months to prepare for this its good too see some of them have been busy getting ready in that time

https://twitter.com/RepAndyLevin/sta...05965996138496

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Children aren't being killed. Unless we're talking about inside schools, in which case yes, they're being killed.
    or poisoned formula, or from a lack of pre and post natal care, food insecurity, lax environmental enforcement, etc etc etc
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

I mean, if you're just gonna sit here continuing to lie in bad faith, go for it.

Because that's not what happened at all, and we all know if. And you know it. But you're still choosing to lie about McConnell's hypocritical actions.
    I kind of understand people that shame anyone who stays home instead of voting for a candidate they dislike horribly. I don’t fully understand someone that thinks horrible candidates can’t be discussed in good faith. You just have to expand your perspective.

Also, McConnell? Is this some juvenile “every post must be about whatever issue I’m most concerned with today?”
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    dems had months to prepare for this
    Correction they had 50 years to prepare for this but decided to sit on their asses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Also, McConnell? Is this some juvenile “every post must be about whatever issue I’m most concerned with today?”
    The next part he will go democrats would have totally stolen those SCOTUS appointments if they were in McConnell shoes bath faith line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    it's not like evangelicals are going to just stop existing in the next 30 years.
    No, but a lot of them will die off and the younger generation isn't tending towards those same levels of religious extremism. Evangelicals as a political force are a dying breed.

oh god absolutely they are - the opinion given by thomas on this ruling said that they should (would) reconsider the precedent on rulings they protect being gay from being illegal, so in the next 30 years there will absolutely be efforts to return to making homosexuality a crime.
    That's chicken little levels of absurd. The support for gay marriage has skyrocketed over the last 20 years MUCH less making homosexuality a crime. I mean are you serious here? You think in 30 years we're going to criminalize homosexuality? C'mon.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Correction they had 50 years to prepare for this but decided to sit on their asses.
    oh yeah, remember when Obama made that promise when he came into office? what ever happened with that?

it's almost like 2016 is just an easy excuse for certain people to lazily pin the blame for their chosen political parties abject failures on.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2022-06-24 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    dems had months to prepare for this its good too see some of them have been busy getting ready in that time

https://twitter.com/RepAndyLevin/sta...05965996138496
    Jesus tap dancing christ on a stick. This is less than an hour old. Fuckin read the room bro, what the fucking fuck. Stop showing us your progress on your yoga attempts to self-felate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus tap dancing christ on a stick. This is less than an hour old. Fuckin read the room bro, what the fucking fuck. Stop showing us your progress on your yoga attempts to self-felate.
    ....*facepalm* (at the dude, not you obv)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    oh yeah, remember when Obama made that promise when he came into office? what ever happened with that?
    The simple answer to that is "other Democrats", if we're honest. Necessary reminder that the best thing you can say about Democrats is at least they're not Republicans.

it's almost like 2016 is just an easy excuse for certain people to lazily pin the blame for their chosen political parties abject failures on.
    Especially when they blame it on Clinton, as if she was a "bad candidate". Yeah, that doesn't erase the ~63 million Americans who looked at Trump and said "oh, fuck​ yeah, that guy!"

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Keep telling yourself that. Your bullshit caused this.
    I’m not going to disclaim a victory for the conservative legal movement fifty years in the making. If that’s what you really want to happen.

I’m also able to see the issue from other perspectives, and if you think the big thing political need is to force & shame Democrats to fall in line beyond whoever gets the nom nod, you’re just dedicated to a losing philosophy. American politics doesn’t revolve around trotting Fugus (for instance) out like some Judas figure in why it all went bad. You will just increase the numbers that check out from your political fights, because that’s frankly insufferable behavior.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The simple answer to that is "other Democrats", if we're honest. Necessary reminder that the best thing you can say about Democrats is at least they're not Republicans.
    Especially when we had all of 72 days with a super majority because Kennedy died. Thus making things need to be prioritized.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

[I][SIZE=2]

Especially when they blame it on Clinton, as if she was a "bad candidate". Yeah, that doesn't erase the ~63 million Americans who looked at Trump and said "oh, fuck​ yeah, that guy!"
    which calls back to the current Manchin, Sinima situation...

well, that discussion for the inevitability of conservativism giving way to fascism is another topic. a movement that is helped by those in positions of power who don't take it seriously, AKA why the Clinton campgain wanted Trump to win the primary. they got their wish!

Snipers on the roof of the Supreme Court right now. Upper left.

Militarism on a peaceful protest. I guess they are more prepared for this protest than Jan. 6th.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

I suspect this may become a victory that the Republicans will come to rue.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    No, but a lot of them will die off and the younger generation isn't tending towards those same levels of religious extremism. Evangelicals as a political force are a dying breed.
    i mean you're welcome to think that, and i wish i had the capacity to live in that sort of comforting fantasy, but they've also been saying wow is dying for the last 20 years and it's still chugging along.

religious woo-woo is a thing humans do, whether it's strictly evangelicals or some other form of protestant inspired bullshit that's going to be a significant cultural and political force for decades at least.

That's chicken little levels of absurd.
    that is exactly what people said 8 years ago when it was suggested trump being elected would be a political disaster, and trump getting to nominate several SC judges would lead to RvW being overturned.
    it's ostrich levels of head in the sand to deny the sky is falling when the sky is smashing into your face.

The support for gay marriage has skyrocketed over the last 20 years MUCH less making homosexuality a crime. I mean are you serious here? You think in 30 years we're going to criminalize homosexuality? C'mon.
    do you really think that public polling is going to influence agenda-based political governance?
    support for abortion is as high as support for gay marriage, that hasn't stopped them from fighting to outlaw it and it didn't stop this ruling.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Especially when we had all of 72 days with a super majority because Kennedy died. Thus making things need to be prioritized.
    "We had too little time after paying donors and passing Heritage Foundation legislation to actually help our base" isn't the best excuse in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    "We had too little time after paying donors and passing Heritage Foundation legislation to actually help our base" isn't the best excuse in the world.
    I mean, the economic package and Obama care were pretty necessary. As for the structure of Obamacare, blame Lieberman for being an ass.