Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    While I think this year is a bit of a stretch for a release date I do remember them saying they only releasing 4 new dungeons and the other 4 will be from previous expansions, so some dev time is saved on that front in terms of balancing and working out new boss fights.
    The only said this about mythic+, not the count of normal/heroic dungeons. There will be the normal 8-10 regular expansion dungeons.

Ppl are just so negative around here lol. Keep repeating "RuSh RusH RusH!" and spitting hate everywhere when most of then are going to still pre order the game and play it

15+ Year Old Account
    Pay more for less of a product. Make sense. Next xpansion we are down to 1 raid and 2 dungeons at launch and a few people would still buy that "delux" crap.
    Not even Apple would milk their customers for their chargers to this extent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    Ppl are just so negative around here lol. Keep repeating "RuSh RusH RusH!" and spitting hate everywhere when most of then are going to still pre order the game and play it
    Pre-order a standard copy and then stop playing the game entirely like way more than half is not exactly "pre order and play".
    More like pre-order and think, "well it was a naive shot in the dark" and unsub.
    Kinda like the history has been for the past 3-4 expansions?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Shadowlands released: November 23, 2020
    Battle For Azeroth released: August 14, 2018
    Legion released: August 30, 2016
    Warlords of Draenor released: November 13, 2014
    Mists of Pandaria released: September 25, 2012
    Cataclysm released: December 7, 2010
    Wrath of the Lich King released: November 13, 2008
    etc etc

It's 2022.

All this forum does is whine. Cry about there not being enough content in Shadowlands. Cry about Dragonflight coming out too soon, despite there not being enough content in Shadowlands. What do you think Blizzard is doing instead of developing content for Shadowlands? Nothing?
    Why would Blizzard NOT put out an expansion this year when it follows the 2 year pattern?

On this forum, I'm surrounded by dumbdumbs.
    Last edited by Jinnobi; 2022-06-24 at 03:16 AM. Reason: more info
    It belongs to the imperfection of everything human that man can only attain his desire by passing through its opposite. - Soren Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Pay more for less of a product. Make sense. Next xpansion we are down to 1 raid and 2 dungeons at launch and a few people would still buy that "delux" crap.

- - - Updated - - -

Pre-order a standard copy and then stop playing the game entirely like way more than half is not exactly "pre order and play".
    More like pre-order and think, "well it was a naive shot in the dark" and unsub.
    Why do you pre-order? Are you scared the digital copies of a file will run out?

Imagine to just fail and fail and fail and fail and fail for 4 years nonstop with the spice of internal, sexual abuse cases and race-profiling added on top, fucking up every single one of your famous franchises worse and worse the closer you get to a present day. And your reaction to win fans back, after the most miserable Expansion in the history of your almost two decade spanning by now soiled MMO? "Lets increase the price for the base edition. Lul"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinnobi View Post
    Shadowlands released: November 23, 2020
    Battle For Azeroth released: August 14, 2018
    Legion released: August 30, 2016
    Warlords of Draenor released: November 13, 2014
    Mists of Pandaria released: September 25, 2012
    Cataclysm released: December 7, 2010
    Wrath of the Lich King released: November 13, 2008
    etc etc

It's 2022.

All this forum does is whine. Cry about there not being enough content in Shadowlands. Cry about Dragonflight coming out too soon, despite there not being enough content in Shadowlands. What do you think Blizzard is doing instead of developing content for Shadowlands? Nothing?
    Why would Blizzard NOT put out an expansion this year when it follows the 2 year pattern?

On this forum, I'm surrounded by dumbdumbs.
    Hey, fuckboy, if you defend Blizzard in 2022 you are wrong. If you want to open your mouth to defend this poor, helpless billion dollar company i suggest you show us some basis for it. The issue is most likely less the date of the Expansions release rather than the fact that they - if anything - have shown they are not managing their time proper. They barely accepted that Shadowlands was flawed, still did not fix anything really and you expect anybody to trust them with now doing a better job in less time? Think about that for a hot minute. And lets not forget, that they once again do this while releasing a rehash-Expansion. And unlike Classic and BC, WotLK was a much more complex one which they once again somehow feel like doing at the same time, even tho we KNOW Blizzard is bleeding staff on all fronts, especially in WoWs team.

Don't suck Bobbys Willie. He ain't going to return the favor.

Infracted for flaming.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2022-06-24 at 11:47 PM.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know dude, has it been like that for you?
    Certainly was not for me, and even though I had my beef with certain things within game, I never once felt I did not get my money's worth with any expansion, including WOD.
    Could they make it better, 100%, but I've yet to see developer develop something I have no complaints about.
    So saying how it was with a last 3-4 expnasions as a general statement for something very personal is not exactly the best way to go around online forums.
    I feel sorry for you if you had that experience last 3-4 expansions. That rough, really does suck.
    If somebody sold me something 3-4 times in a row that I did not like at all, I probably would not be on forums about it, since I would not be part of that community no more, nor would I keep any relation to that product.
    In fact, it would never take 3-4 attempts, second one would be enough.
    Last edited by Smeagolski; 2022-06-24 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I think YOU have short memory. Cataclysm revamped a load of old world zones and revamped the questing experience. That is vastly more content than Dragonflight will bring.
    That on top of the max level zones and flying on the Eastern kingdoms and Kalimdor.
    Cataclysm was crap, but it was cause it was overly ambitious.
    I guess I'm mainly talking attitude. The vibe of the community at the time was real sour, and I felt the same before release...flying? Great? Zone revamps? Cool I guess. But that coupled with Deathwing not being a real compelling villain after Arthas made for a very lackluster playerbase who regarded Cata as a very low-effort expansion. I know zone redesigns are probably a lot of work. And for what its worth, Vashj'ir is probably my favorite zone...maybe to date.

But lets also keep in mind we don't know all of what Dragonflight offers yet, so to whine that it feels barebones feels really premature.
    Matt Damon

I don't understand why people thought this was going to be 2023. 24 months is the usual for an expansion, which would make Nov/Dec right on time. I actually expected Dragonflight to be sooner, considering the content in Shadowlands was cut short.

People who are judging it based on beta availability, just don't understand software development.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post

Hey, fuckboy, if you defend Blizzard in 2022 you are wrong. If you want to open your mouth to defend this poor, helpless billion dollar company i suggest you show us some basis for it. The issue is most likely less the date of the Expansions release rather than the fact that they - if anything - have shown they are not managing their time proper. They barely accepted that Shadowlands was flawed, still did not fix anything really and you expect anybody to trust them with now doing a better job in less time? Think about that for a hot minute. And lets not forget, that they once again do this while releasing a rehash-Expansion. And unlike Classic and BC, WotLK was a much more complex one which they once again somehow feel like doing at the same time, even tho we KNOW Blizzard is bleeding staff on all fronts, especially in WoWs team.

Don't suck Bobbys Willie. He ain't going to return the favor.
    I pointed out that the people who are complaining about how "soon" the new expansion is coming out are wrong: the two year gap between expansions is normal.

Your rampage is juvenile, packed with rhetoric, suggesting I'm attempting to "defend" Blizzard by pointing out a factual timeline, and reveals that you are one of the people I'm talking about.

I couldn't say or do anything to embarrass you more than you've embarrassed yourself.
    It belongs to the imperfection of everything human that man can only attain his desire by passing through its opposite. - Soren Kierkegaard

Collectors edition is only available through blizzard eshop or other retailers too?

Didn't they have pets and rewards for their other games too? Like something in Starcraft/Diablo/Hots and Hearthstone? It would be a shame if we don't get anything ;/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mgvsquared View Post
    I guess I'm mainly talking attitude. The vibe of the community at the time was real sour, and I felt the same before release...flying? Great? Zone revamps? Cool I guess. But that coupled with Deathwing not being a real compelling villain after Arthas made for a very lackluster playerbase who regarded Cata as a very low-effort expansion. I know zone redesigns are probably a lot of work. And for what its worth, Vashj'ir is probably my favorite zone...maybe to date.

But lets also keep in mind we don't know all of what Dragonflight offers yet, so to whine that it feels barebones feels really premature.
    \

Funny cus everyone that i know thinks Cata is one of the best expansions, right next to Wrath. Me and my friends never understood the whole - "Cata feels meh, its not a great expansion, or its boring" kind of thinking.

The zones, the music, the story, the whole world was remade... literally WOW 2.0... and new races. It had it all. I never had more fun in PVP either. Cata and Pandaria had the most fun PVP for me. PVE was a ton of fun too, but not my favorite of all the expansions. Still, overall... its way up there (quality wise)

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    The pins are bad...

I know they were a part of SL CE Box, but it shouldn't be a norm... They're ugly and I didn't even wear them once. I'd rather see something like we had in BFA, the fake-wood(plastic) stand with a heavy metal medallion with the Horde/Alliance symbols that could be a decoration on a desk/shelf.

I don't know, maybe a dragon skull statue? Or something like that. Not cheap-made pins that are worth like 1,50$...
    I wouldn't. I suspect the weight of such an item is why we got the shoddy book(s) with BFA instead of one of the larger art books.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    So strange for everyone to be upset about it being rushed. Just wait for it to release, see if it's rushed/incomplete, and then buy or don't buy it.

Also, it's not rushed compared with every other expac release, is it? Just that it's expected release date is so close to the date they announced it. Seems trivial.

Looked it up to be sure, it's the same exact time gap from SL-Dragonflight as there's been between any other two expansions, two years almost exactly. What's the issue?
    Last edited by xero5141; 2022-06-25 at 12:42 AM.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

imaging asking for pre-orders when they haven't even showed the f@#$ing talents.

Pay for it now boys and girls, so you can be disappointed when the talents are cut because they ran out of time. /eyeroll
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post

Funny cus everyone that i know thinks Cata is one of the best expansions, right next to Wrath. Me and my friends never understood the whole - "Cata feels meh, its not a great expansion, or its boring" kind of thinking.

The zones, the music, the story, the whole world was remade... literally WOW 2.0... and new races. It had it all. I never had more fun in PVP either. Cata and Pandaria had the most fun PVP for me. PVE was a ton of fun too, but not my favorite of all the expansions. Still, overall... its way up there (quality wise)
    Ultimately, in hindsight, Cata was a great expansion. I freely admit that. But the general consensus before release was not good. Dragonflight feels much the same. The community seems really against what's been presented so far and in knowing how poorly received Cata was pre-launch, my kneejerk reaction to everyone saying it feels rushed, or feels like it has little content, is just to be patient.

MoP had similar uphill battles with convincing the community it was worth playing as the Pandaren race/lore was entirely based on a joke. The critics back then were just as ruthless. But ultimately it succeeded and was a good time. Probably my second favorite overall.
    Matt Damon

Ultimately, in hindsight, Cata was a great expansion. I freely admit that. But the general consensus before release was not good. Dragonflight feels much the same. The community seems really against what's been presented so far and in knowing how poorly received Cata was pre-launch, my kneejerk reaction to everyone saying it feels rushed, or feels like it has little content, is just to be patient.

MoP had similar uphill battles with convincing the community it was worth playing as the Pandaren race/lore was entirely based on a joke. The critics back then were just as ruthless. But ultimately it succeeded and was a good time. Probably my second favorite overall.
    This is an insightful post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes sense considering how much work they're saving with one of the big features being the "talent rework", which consists of stripping out baseline abilities and passives while and slapping in some legendary powers or old set bonuses to fill in the gaps. Talent recycling is a more appropriate term for what they're doing with the talent tree, cause it sure as hell isn't being made from anything "new".
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I wouldn't. I suspect the weight of such an item is why we got the shoddy book(s) with BFA instead of one of the larger art books.
    There are plenty of free space there. I don't think that the reason why we're getting books with lower count of pages are the bonus items.

No sorry, it wasn't. But they did the same with Cata WoD and SL (ironically not for BfA); they cut the game down by 1 Patch and moved on to the next expansion. Sorry, but every dum dum screaming here for "THIS EXPANSION IS RUSHED" have absolutely no idea. They already said that they are actually ahead on the expansion and i believe it.

Simply because this time we don't have a convenant, azerite armor, soulbinds or something like this that require massive testing and balancing. There are no temporary powers that can interact with the class, instead we get the basics (FINALLY) and flying and an new ui for professions. Sorry, but really, what do people think needs months and monts of testing. The answer is: new stuff that are the first time in an expansion. And really, testing how to fly does not take months, test if the ui for professions work does not take months and REALLY, the TALENT TREES?

We had a small thing called CLASSIC WOW. Do people think that the devs that work there live in their classic-bubble. Nope. Because the difference between Talents in Classic and the one in Shadowlands is actually the UI, that's all.

Dear "RUSHED"-Screamers: please tell me honestly what would take MONTHS to test, PLEASE.

And sorry, but i don't doubt that the game will be good; there hasn't been a SINGLE wow-expansion where leveling wasn't good, the singleplayer-endgame is the biggest issue of wow, but not the leveling.