Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    So, what can conservatives actually celebrate about someone not being able to have an abortion? It's not like any of them are going to adopt these kids...??
    Nope they stop caring the instant the kid comes out utterly abhorrent so called humans.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Remember having to point out something to someone once where their response was “Not my problem” and responded with that while it wasn’t their problem, it was their fault on something and if they were as religious as they claimed they had a moral obligation to address it.
    A few tell me "a strong nuclear family" will solve the problem as it always has.
    Ignoring that you know, the nuclear family is "new" in history and for the vast majority of times people lived in extended families and communities working together.

The nuclear family unit was, iirc, a post WWII thing.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

What a joyous day! Ofcourse the silent holocaust will continue in certain states, but it's a step in the right direction.

The civil war has begun, good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Don't say that, you'll summon Kokolums

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    You mean the thing that has been going on for... how many years now in the US, or something more spicy for change?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Another lawsuit waiting in the wing.

AG Merrick Garland Locates Spine, Says States Can’t Ban FDA-Approved Abortion Pills

Shortly thereafter, Attorney General (and one-time Supreme Court nominee) Merrick Garland—a typically cautious and mild-mannered man—released a statement nudging the FDA to sue states that try to claim abortion pills are now banned, saying in part:

Today’s decision does not eliminate the ability of states to keep abortion legal within their borders...[The Department of Justice stands] ready to work with other arms of the federal government that seek to use their lawful authorities to protect and preserve access to reproductive care. In particular, the FDA has approved the use of the medication Mifepristone. States may not ban Mifepristone based on disagreement with the FDA’s expert judgment about its safety and efficacy.

This kind of action from the FDA would be based on a legal principle called federal preemption, which stipulates that state law can’t override federal law. (This comes from the Constitution’s Supremacy Clause.) If the FDA has approved a drug like mifepristone, the theory goes, states can’t ban it. Law professors and journalists have been highlighting this strategy for months now, and the generic manufacturer of mifepristone is currently suing Mississippi over the state’s abortion pill restrictions.

To be crystal clear: Abortion pills are not a solution to abortion bans. They’re only FDA-approved for the first 10 weeks of pregnancy, and many people need abortions further along in pregnancy (or just prefer an in-clinic procedure for their early abortion). The Biden administration needs to take much more action, including exploring leasing federal land to abortion providers in states with bans. But for now, we will take the tiniest win in the form of Garland coming out of the gates with something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Josh Hawley is hoping that left leaning people will leave red states, making red states redder and purple states red as well so Republicans can increase their power in the electoral college. He's also hoping this can lead to the GOP becoming even more populist.

Josh Hawley says abortion ruling will push people to move states, strengthening the GOP
    So, they want all the tech companies to leave red states?

Google memo on end of Roe v. Wade says employees may apply to relocate 'without justification'

Googles currently has 2,400 employees in Austin alone. Apple 7,000 projected to increase to 15,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    But won't this just end up in the same hands of the people who just make up arbitrary reasons to just rule however they want IE SCOTUS?

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Which is why I hope there is some kind of afterlife so they can face consequences for their actions instead of just shitting the bed and smiling about it as they smile into oblivion.

Want them to pass over to be judged, told they were wrong and forced to see why and then hold to account for it before they are allowed to move on even if they are good people and ultimately go to something better it won’t be before they are forced to own up and be held to account.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember having to point out something to someone once where their response was “Not my problem” and responded with that while it wasn’t their problem, it was their fault on something and if they were as religious as they claimed they had a moral obligation to address it.
    If their Christian God is real all of them are going to hell.

Oh who am I kidding, "Jesus died so everyone is forgiven". That's why they can do everything amoral. They were pardoned by their God-God already.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Another lawsuit waiting in the wing.

AG Merrick Garland Locates Spine, Says States Can’t Ban FDA-Approved Abortion Pills

- - - Updated - - -

So, they want all the tech companies to leave red states?

Google memo on end of Roe v. Wade says employees may apply to relocate 'without justification'

Googles currently has 2,400 employees in Austin alone. Apple 7,000 projected to increase to 15,000.
    Texas wants them gone, they're terrified of going blue.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    What a joyous day! Ofcourse the silent holocaust will continue in certain states, but it's a step in the right direction.
    If only you knew anything about the trigger laws and how applying a blanket ban with the exception of the lifew of the mother actually ends up causing mroe women to die because doctors dont want to be prosecuted.

Such is the law in Texas now. In Malta, a woman had to be medvacced to Spain to get a life savinbg abortion because her dying fetus still had a heartbeta but she was developing an infection because our bodies weremnt meant to house decaying / dying matter.

silent holocaust
    Ya'll really have the most vivid, twisted imaginations around. No wonder y'all struggle to differentiate between fiction and reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Lol wut? Its almost as if society didnt prosper or know how to handle pregnancy's pre roe. And by Pre Roe i mean through out human history. People have been bringing babies to term for 1000's of years. I think in our advanced society we wouldnt be such babies about it and learn to just live with the fact that humans are born and someone needs to take care of them.
    There's a recipe for abortion juice in the Bible.

https://twitter.com/zei_squirrel/sta...96041215827969 Still as true now as it was when he first said it. I legitimately have felt nauseous this entire day.

If you want to keep a child when you knock up your favorite sister daughter, with you being pro incest and all, go ahead.

But comparing it to the Holocaust? That's actually a little grosser than the previous sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Texas wants them gone, they're terrified of going blue.
    GOP in general is terrified of it going blue. If it goes blue, GOP needs to make significant ground in other states to ever have a chance of winning another Presidential Election. If somehow, Florida, Texas, and California all go blue, it's pretty much game over for GOP.

Right now, Texas + California + New York would be 122/270 votes needed to win. Add in Florida and it's 152/270 votes.

Florida and Texas are trying real hard to limit votes Democrats have any way they can.

It's a long shot, but if Democrats can get a few more seats in House and Senate based on the shit going down this last week, and we can pass things like election reform in 2023/2024 as well as begin looking at other types of reforms such as judicial reform, GOP is a dead party.

2022 is literally the most important election Democrats alive today will ever face. Democracy isn't going to die in the darkness, it's going to die this November if there isn't massive turnout.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    2022 is literally the most important election Democrats alive today will ever face.
    True or not, this is...the fourth? Fifth? Time I think I've heard this in this century so far, at the very least. It's exhausting and really kinda becomes a meaningless phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    There's a recipe for abortion juice in the Bible.
    I forgot about that one, usually I just quote Genesis 2:7 to abortion bible thumpers and smile as they get angry about getting slapped in the face with their own bible.

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    If their Christian God is real all of them are going to hell.

[B]Oh who am I kidding, "Jesus died so everyone is forgiven". That's why they can do everything amoral. They were pardoned by their God-God already.[/B=]
    There is two flaws in that logic though,

1. Being forgiven at the end doesn't mean dodging the consequences if their god is just at all. They will still have to be punished for their sins before they moved on and..

2. In order to be forgiven for those sins, that requires them to actually feel sorry about what they did and they never will be, they might feel sorry for the fact they have to pay for their sins, but that isn't the same as feeling bad about doing them. And their is no forgiveness from the grave either according to their book.

So, by their own book, they will still burn.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Y'all could've had safe, legal, and rare abortions... but no, had to push it to insanity.