Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Groundwalker View Post
    This game has been bleeding subs like crazy since BFA. At this point Blizzard needs to take the time to make a quality expansion that will bring its customers back instead of crapping out another BFA/Shadowlands.
    That's what people were saying before SL. "I dont mind that it's delayed. It will give them more time to polish". "I think it's good that there are no new classes, it will give blizzard time to concentrate on fixing existing classes". None of that has happened. Wow is a money making machine and they have been making the same if not more profit over the last 6 years by churning out different iterations of the same thing. If you don't like wow now you won't like it anymore.

My prediction. Affixes on old raids is there new super feature. Once a season has finished, it'll get affixes and gear upgrades to keep it relevant. 9.2.5 will be the proof of concept and it doesn't matter how it's received, it's what we will get going forward because it is cheap and produces evergreen content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleann View Post
    Says the dude with 2400 posts. And so what if we're addicted? It's the main reason Blizzard's making money. Now imagine no content for 20 months with no class/race combos. Of course we won't pay for a game that gives us no content. And I never liked Grimrail depot and Iron Docks in the first place.
    Please, post count on a form doesn't matter. And @Voidwielder 's 2400 posts in 4.5 years is really not much compared to some of us.

Take a look where most of my posts have been over the years and you'll soon realize, while this website is, yes, mainly for WoW... people come here for other topics as well because they've gotten used to the site. I am pretty sure out of the last 6 years I've only been subscribed for maybe 2-2.5 years, for the record.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    With how many people are unhappy with Shadowlands, releasing the next expansion in 2023 is going to cause the game to hemorrhage even more subs.
    A wow season lasts 6-8 months. It is now mid April and still solidly in the beginning of season 3. Season 4 is likely expected in the fall. With this, we are out of the realm of a 2022 launch. Honestly, we are near out of the realm of a Q1 2023 launch.

They will use Wrath classic to stem some sub losses in Q3 of 2022, but thats about it. Wow actually makes more money now with its likely 1-2 million subbed players than it did with 13 million subs due to microtransactions, wow tokens being more expensive, etc.
    Last edited by cityguy193; 2022-04-12 at 05:28 AM.
    Chronomancer Club

Now that Pre-Orders for Dragonflight started I went back and adjusted this graphic to reflect the theoretical Dec 31st absolute latest release. From the 9.2 release Feb 22 that would be 312 days and subtracting the two weeks for the pre-patch gives us 298 days (or less) for 9.2 S3+S4.
    Last edited by ChairmanKaga; 2022-06-25 at 07:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    A wow season lasts 6-8 months. It is now mid April and still solidly in the beginning of season 3. Season 4 is likely expected in the fall. With this, we are out of the realm of a 2022 launch. Honestly, we are near out of the realm of a Q1 2023 launch.

They will use Wrath classic to stem some sub losses in Q3 of 2022, but thats about it. Wow actually makes more money now with its likely 1-2 million subbed players than it did with 13 million subs due to microtransactions, wow tokens being more expensive, etc.
    All of this made sense. Season 4 makes no sense in a world where DF launches this year. Idk what they are doing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    All of this made sense. Season 4 makes no sense in a world where DF launches this year. Idk what they are doing lol.
    Didn't they already say a while ago, that season 4 will be shorter than normal, and they're just testing some things? I don't have a source, but I think I remember hearing that a while ago

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Now that Pre-Orders for Dragonflight started I went back and adjusted this graphic to reflect the theoretical Dec 31st absolute latest release.
    First, anything between 15th December and 15th January is extremely unlikely for any release. I think 22nd November is absolutely latest 2022 date. Raids, PVP and now especially M+ are things that keep core audience, they won't make month+ gap between launch and season. Gearing for raid takes like week, what people would do after that, grind dragon riding power? Not everyone is into collection game.

And if they can't launch it on this day, it will be pushed to 2023. Every historical evidence tell us they won't be ready. But this date isn't some rush decision to cash in people's hype, it came 2 months after reveal. I see two possibilities:

1) They really are confident it will be ready and Alpha will be more completed than usual (like 9.2 PTR, Zereth Mortis was almost done day 1.)
    2) Suits forced them to 2022 release so they put it on box, but they know it will be pushed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    Didn't they already say a while ago, that season 4 will be shorter than normal, and they're just testing some things? I don't have a source, but I think I remember hearing that a while ago
    They did, this is when I started thinking about 2022 release as low, but still possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    First, anything between 15th December and 15th January is extremely unlikely for any release. I think 22nd November is absolutely latest 2022 date. Raids, PVP and now especially M+ are things that keep core audience, they won't make month+ gap between launch and season. Gearing for raid takes like week, what people would do after that, grind dragon riding power? Not everyone is into collection game.

And if they can't launch it on this day, it will be pushed to 2023. Every historical evidence tell us they won't be ready. But this date isn't some rush decision to cash in people's hype, it came 2 months after reveal. I see two possibilities:

1) They really are confident it will be ready and Alpha will be more completed than usual (like 9.2 PTR, Zereth Mortis was almost done day 1.)
    2) Suits forced them to 2022 release so they put it on box, but they know it will be pushed anyway.

They did, this is when I started thinking about 2022 release as low, but still possibility.
    I really doubt they're pushing it to 2023, as they sold their preorders with "releases on or before December 31, 2022", and breaking that will be more trouble to them than just releasing an unfinished version and just patching it later.

My guess is they're aiming for a mid November release, which will give them a couple of weeks buffer if something goes really wrong...

I think we may see them just go crazy and after the first couple of rotations just have all three fated events (all three raids and all world bosses) run concurrent.

Wowe has already realeased in December once. Cata released on Dec 7. So,no Nov 22 is not the latest possible date.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Wowe has already realeased in December once. Cata released on Dec 7. So,no Nov 22 is not the latest possible date.
    Nov 22 is only the latest date for the Pre-Patch if the pre-patch is again 2 weeks long. It can also be longer, but this is the latest date for 10.x, not the expansion.

But Dec 5 is definitively the latest date they can release in 2022, no doubt about that. Anything later, and raid-releases will fall in the winter-holidays; something that blizzard don't want at all.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2022-06-25 at 01:52 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    And since then Blizzard has learned thing or two and don't release raids with expansion. Non-season gap is liked or accepted almost by everyone, but also it can't be too long. Week is too short to gear up comfortably, around week 3 people are starting to get impatient (we went through this in BfA), 2 weeks gap from SL was perfect.

13th December - latest day for world first race
    6th December - start of Season 2
    hence 22nd November = launch.

First, anything between 15th December and 15th January is extremely unlikely for any release. <snip>
    The point was merely to show the absolute max length of 9.2 relative to all the expansions. I too don't think Dec 31st is realistic.

And since then Blizzard has learned thing or two and don't release raids with expansion. Non-season gap is liked or accepted almost by everyone, but also it can't be too long. Week is too short to gear up comfortably, around week 3 people are starting to get impatient (we went through this in BfA), 2 weeks gap from SL was perfect.

13th December - latest day for world first race
    6th December - start of Season 2
    hence 22nd November = launch.
    It is not a set rule. A December 13th release can still have raid release on January 3rd. It's not releasing in November as that puts pre-patch in October.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    Yeah but its looking like its only going to be like 2 months which is stupid. Thats enough time to do each raid only twice since they rotate. Should be at least 4 months IMO but w/e. I would much rather they delay the expansion till March 2023 to make it as good as they can. Then release Season 4 early November 2022.

- - - Updated - - -

It is not a set rule. A December 13th release can still have raid release on January 3rd. It's not releasing in November as that puts pre-patch in October.
    I don't think they would release the raid on Jan 3. Its too soon after the holidays. They allwasy wait at least a week into Jan to do anything. It would likely be Jan 10th.

Dec 13th is the last possible day they could do it in December. That leaves them with only a week to get most launch bugs fixed before the long Christmas break. I just don't know how people would react to having to wait 4-5 weeks for raids to start.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Nov 22 is only the latest date for the Pre-Patch if the pre-patch is again 2 weeks long. It can also be longer, but this is the latest date for 10.x, not the expansion.

But Dec 5 is definitively the latest date they can release in 2022, no doubt about that. Anything later, and raid-releases will fall in the winter-holidays; something that blizzard don't want at all.
    Id say they only have 2 options for release dates. Late Nov with early Dec raid launch, or Early-mid Dec launch with a month wait till jan for raid launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Another part of me thinks they know it wont release in 2022 and they just used that date to get preorders rolling to make this quarter look good for the investors.

Real release date is March 2023.