Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    I know what you mean, but that's not really how that works in Diablo.

Necromancers in lore are not really evil or anything close to that. They are balance upholders. They believe both Demons and Angels are manipulating humanity into fighting their battles. And that's precisely what is happening, Angels voted on whether to destroy Sanctuary or not so it doesn't fall into Prime Evil's hands.

In a way they are like Witchers of Diablo universe. Shunned by general public for their practices but what they are doing is ultimately with good intentions.
    Sorry, I'm not suggesting that Necromancers are evil in any way, just that a lot of these classes specifically don't have an outwardly positive personality.
    Necromancers are of an extremely gritty religion. None of the classes chosen have an inherently positive radiance about them, so Paladin or some kind of Holy user would have been a good match I think at least.

It's less interesting when everybody in the party is gloomy or gritty in some form or fashion. It's actually a reason why I liked the Templar in D3; Dude was a righteous prude in an otherwise cynical environment, and it was a good change of pace from everybody screaming about death all of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Sorry, I'm not suggesting that Necromancers are evil in any way, just that a lot of these classes specifically don't have an outwardly positive personality.
    Necromancers are of an extremely gritty religion. None of the classes chosen have an inherently positive radiance about them, so Paladin or some kind of Holy user would have been a good match I think at least.

It's less interesting when everybody in the party is gloomy or gritty in some form or fashion. It's actually a reason why I liked the Templar in D3; Dude was a righteous prude in an otherwise cynical environment, and it was a good change of pace from everybody screaming about death all of the time.
    They probably took too hard to how Diablo 3 didn't look dark(I contest that notion but I guess people are overly edgy about Diablo).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashana Darkmoon View Post
    I just can't believe there isn't a holy magic class in a game about fighting demons and undead lmao
    This. It is already starting lame.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They probably took too hard to how Diablo 3 didn't look dark(I contest that notion but I guess people are overly edgy about Diablo).
    D3's issue was just that everything looked super cartoony and vibrant compared to older Diablo entries.

Having a paladin with light stuff doesn't instantly make something "less dark" but I totally see where you're coming from. They probably wanted to do anything in their power to get people to think "Ah yes, this is the dark and gritty Diablo that I knew," by any means possible.

D3's issue was just that everything looked super cartoony and vibrant compared to older Diablo entries.

Having a paladin with light stuff doesn't instantly make something "less dark" but I totally see where you're coming from. They probably wanted to do anything in their power to get people to think "Ah yes, this is the dark and gritty Diablo that I knew," by any means possible.
    There wasn't really much pathos to the Crusader. Just overwhelming confidence. It doesn't help the world look gritty. They definitely could do a heavily armored holy warrior that IS gritty.

Still if we do get a Blood Knight, that could be a dark version of a holy warrior. I just hope they let me play Guts in Diablo.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of the classes chosen have an inherently positive radiance about them, so Paladin or some kind of Holy user would have been a good match I think at least.

I personally would say Druid and Sorceress are not 'gloomier and grittier' than a Paladin would be. I understand though, it isn't a good substitution for a Paladin. I would love one, I really do. In fact it is my second favorite archetype to play right after the summoners.

I am extremely happy Necromancers are in the game, I just couldn't connect with the remaining classes:
    • Barbarians - Even though they are fun to play, I just can't relate to being a big and dumb brute
    • Sorceress - Hate both being a glass cannon and the generic theme
    • Rogue - Again, I don't really enjoy a glass cannon and being sneaky is not my style
    • Druid - While I do like the idea, I never enjoyed playing the archetype in a long run

Surprised they went with necromancer over some kind of holy archetype, but not disappointed; necromancer's a Diablo staple after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    Surprised they went with necromancer over some kind of holy archetype, but not disappointed; necromancer's a Diablo staple after all.
    My guess is because they know Paladins will sell well as future content.

That and I remember players being most vocal about Necro not being included in D3 launch more than any other class.

Reusing my old Necromancer's name from the old days 20 years ago...

Affectionately called "Igota_Boner".

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The think about Paladins is that they bring hope with them. They are the literal knights in shining armor. They are not meant to lose.
    Paladins would dilute the grittiness and sense of hopelessness which very much seems to be the intent with D4. I could see a Templar that is more an inquisitor; grey rather than gold and white.
    However they dress it up it's just weird!

Could even be a priest or whatever, wouldn't have to be a knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic1962 View Post
    Agreed. They went with a grittier style but kept the diablo 3 effects which is a tad offputting. Have zero hopes for this though. Will see when it launches and the reviews are in.
    Such negativity. Can't everyone just think positively and start holding out hope for this game for once? I'm so sick of the negativity every game forum I go to. It's ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rad1um View Post
    Alright folks, you can pin this comment here... This is exactly why Blizzard wont change.

Thank you for making their greed possible. Hell yea
    No problem. I'll probably be getting the digital deluxe and every expansion too. Day 1 must buy for me.

Go Diablo IV! GO BLIZZARD!
    "Uh huh. So destroying southshore is meh, but camp cow is so important that you have to destroy a port city?" - Sunlily

FOR THE DARK ORDER!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen Guest View Post
    No problem. I'll probably be getting the digital deluxe and every expansion too. Day 1 must buy for me.

Go Diablo IV! GO BLIZZARD!
    LOL oh shit, I forgot you existed. I hope you enjoy your digital deluxe version and all the xpacs.

Have a good evening!

this is good news, i wish we could have necromancer in base diablo 3 instead of dlc, and also diablo 1 remaster with necromancer on battlenet

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    Does anyone else remember them showing off what appeared to be an "attunement" system in their earliest previews? It looked like players of any class could attune to "Demonic" or "Angelic" powers as a lateral progression system.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Does anyone else remember them showing off what appeared to be an "attunement" system in their earliest previews? It looked like players of any class could attune to "Demonic" or "Angelic" powers as a lateral progression system.
    Wasn't that just stats on items?

Who knows where we're at now. Alpha should be soon, and we'll see. I expect the horizontal progression system to be mostly centered around the Paragon Board, and little else.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen Guest View Post
    Such negativity. Can't everyone just think positively and start holding out hope for this game for once? I'm so sick of the negativity every game forum I go to. It's ridiculous.
    You reap what you sow. Its about making money not making good games. So yes, they have proven that they are all about the money and not good games. Until that changes why would i hold out hope for anything this company does anymore? If you still like what they are doing, good on you. Its not for me anymore.

When whatshisface, "do you guys not have phones" said there wont be any gear on the shop for Immortal. And then we got what we got in Immortal, with the statement that gems aint gear... So when they say oh its just gonna be anchored around cash shop cosmetics, i'm not going to believe them that its just gonna be that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    It wasn't an attunement system. It was attributes without being attributes. Which was later replaced with attributes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic1962 View Post
    You reap what you sow. Its about making money not making good games. So yes, they have proven that they are all about the money and not good games. Until that changes why would i hold out hope for anything this company does anymore? If you still like what they are doing, good on you. Its not for me anymore.

When whatshisface, "do you guys not have phones" said there wont be any gear on the shop for Immortal. And then we got what we got in Immortal, with the statement that gems aint gear... So when they say oh its just gonna be anchored around cash shop cosmetics, i'm not going to believe them that its just gonna be that.
    Still isn't gear on the shop. Gems aren't gear. Sure they are power, but technically not gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Still isn't gear on the shop. Gems aren't gear. Sure they are power, but technically not gear.
    When someone asks "do you have something to eat?" and you say "ya sure, I got some flowers here!" then you are technically correct, you can eat flowers, but that's obviously not what the other person meant and he would rightfully view you as an idiot.

And gems are "gear" anyway... or do you think he meant cogwheels?
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-06-27 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    When someone asks "do you have something to eat?" and you say "ya sure, I got some flowers here!" then you are technically correct, you can eat flowers, but that's obviously not what the other person meant and he would rightfully view you as an idiot.

And gems are "gear" anyway... or do you think he meant cogwheels?
    Yeah no. If if someone only had flowers and were asked that question, the answer would be no, but technically they could eat the flowers. You got it backwards. You know exactly what was meant by gear but are using gems as your ammunition.