Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I love how the 2 other Warlock specs are absolutely domitating dps charts in the raid and Affli is decent compared to non-warlock ranged specs just falls off at 99th percentile. Pretty says to you that the best players are not playing Affli. Guess some lead is still playing Warlock.

Can't wait for Season 4 with Warlocks dominating every raid. And well possibly Fire Mages if they get the Mechagon bracers unnerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffbringer View Post
    Why does Blizzard hates paladins?

Seriously... paladins already suck in PVP, have almost zero mobility aside from a 45 second cooldown ability, the only thing good about it was burst damage, and they think it's out of control...
    Ret burst at times is absolutely broken.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    yesterday i had an angry rant in /w after i left +19 because tank was a) clueless b)clueless c) clueless and im not wasting another 20 minutes before group cdisbands anyway - in rant was " how do you enjoy having now less groups as on non- meta specs yadaa yadda " was kinda funny as by the time he typed it i was already in another +19 group thanks god for new report system reported him instantly :P
    I don't pug at all, but being a tank, whenever I read "tank is clueless", I can't help but think the dpses can't adapt or see what is going on. Most dpses in my raid don't even see when the tank has been dead for over 30 seconds, only notice when they get hit by the boss and yell they have aggro. And these are ppl with 3k+ rating. Of course, I have no clue what truly happened in your group but most dpses I know lack any type of awareness and ability to adapt to a new situation - they can do 20s as long as everything goes perfect and exactly on the route they were taught. I'm assuming most pugs are the same with the added toxicity of blaming the tank or healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    I don't pug at all, but being a tank, whenever I read "tank is clueless", I can't help but think the dpses can't adapt or see what is going on. Most dpses in my raid don't even see when the tank has been dead for over 30 seconds, only notice when they get hit by the boss and yell they have aggro. And these are ppl with 3k+ rating. Of course, I have no clue what truly happened in your group but most dpses I know lack any type of awareness and ability to adapt to a new situation - they can do 20s as long as everything goes perfect and exactly on the route they were taught. I'm assuming most pugs are the same with the added toxicity of blaming the tank or healer.
    i will say this - if you are learning how to manage/clear necrotic stacks in +19 or how to keep agro on pull in +19 then sorry but you are the one at fault if people leave your key

im all for learning - but +18-20 keys are not for learning basic mechanics. they are for pushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kel_Sceptic View Post
    I haven't quit, but I'm still not playing this:

Last Played: May 29, 2022
    Expiration Date Jul 12, 2022

Blizzard loves fools like me that pay out of nostalgy, and then regret 1-2 months until the get a new wave of nostalgy

Really hoping Blizzard will make a new standalone 2v2 3v3 5v5 arena type of game. Hell, even with RBGs.
    Make a repeatable PvP game fun game that relies on SKILL, not on broken gear factors like PvE or ilvl that ruins the entry barrier into that game mode.
    5v5 arena? Relies on skill rather than gear? Fun and repeatable? You're in luck because Overwatch 2 comes out in October.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffbringer View Post
    Why does Blizzard hates paladins?

Seriously... paladins already suck in PVP, have almost zero mobility aside from a 45 second cooldown ability, the only thing good about it was burst damage, and they think it's out of control...
    Yep, I thought so too. Kind of funny and strange to nerf them. I always kite them and kill them without a problem. The only time I got issues is when they nuke me, which is not very often. I think its fair, but I guess not? Take away their dps and they wont be able to kill me anymore lol ;p (not that I mind ;p)

Its not even fun to do mythic+ anymore, because of destro and surv hunter. I mean, seriously. Im only 3,2k rio so im not pushing, but groups ONLY invites destrolocks, surv hunters and monks.

Every, single, group, I stream, play this speccs. Its not fun, at all. Same with holypriest.

I get meta speccs, always been the case, but this HUGE, gap? No, no, no.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    And whats the problem with that? i mean i could understand in pvp, but i never get why people cry about to strong classes in pve. Its not like u dont an invite if u are not OP class/spec, if u dont do world first race lol
    That’s your experience. I mained Ret for the last 2 expansions and finally had enough and switched to destro lock. It’s night and day getting accepted into groups - I’m not even talking 20s. To see the meta specs doing 40k every trash pull and Ret only able to do 25k every other pack/2 mins.. it’s just not right. The change to destro lock bothers me, and nothing for hunters? I’m just salty.

its like that for every role. locks and hunters for dps. shamans and priest for healers. Dks for tanks. i play holy pally. have a 3.2k io. i get into maybe 3-4 out of every 15 groups que for. for fucking 15 keys. im 3.2k. i had all 15s locked down 3 weeks into patch. i have 142 timed 15 keys. this meta shit is ridiculous. so i switched my ele shaman to resto. didint have one timed 15 key as resto, all timed as ele. get invited to my first 15 key as resto nearly instanly. post spec swap i get invited to prob 13 out of every 15 key i apply for. have a little over 3k io guardian druid. get into no group past a 15. my scores are all because i pushed my own keys. getting into groups as a non meta class is not easy. its quite frustrating actually. and when i push my own keys the amount of hunters that apply is crazy. start a key group, set your requirements to over 2.8k io its crazy how many hunters apply. i had a screen shot of over 15 hunters in my key que out of like 21-22 that applied.
    Last edited by craigw; 2022-06-26 at 03:31 AM.

unelss we are speaking about clear outliners like retri paladins . feral druids, shadow priests. but if you play this specs and didnt reroll to tank / healer last tier or at this point of this tier you can only blame yourself for it.
    Feral druid. 278, 2800. Only really started pushing in the last week or so.

I've had no trouble getting groups. I also have a ret pally in guild who does insane M+ damage and is at 3k so I'd say your take isn't correct.

I'm not the greatest feral ever and I manage just fine. My goals are only to get to 3k and to get all the portals. If I wanted to push ridiculously high keys, yeah sure I wouldn't play feral. But under that same situation, everyone IS sticking to meta specs anyways.

I should probably point out that most groups probably assume I am Balance. But here's the thing: I still bring the battle res they probably wanted, and most groups I'm in I'm beating the overall damage unless it's like a lock or hunter going meta crazy. Literally had a group realize I was feral on the first boss last week only for me to end up the top damage in that instance.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

non meta specs have no problem getting into group if their raider io is not garbage and itlv is decent enough (if you are not like 275 itlv and 2.7-3k score at this point it means you are fresh alt ) - unelss we are speaking about clear outliners like retri paladins . feral druids, shadow priests. but if you play this specs and didnt reroll to tank / healer last tier or at this point of this tier you can only blame yourself for it.
    Umm, getting 3K isn't hard, even as a ret paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by JoakimB View Post
    Its not even fun to do mythic+ anymore, because of destro and surv hunter. I mean, seriously. Im only 3,2k rio so im not pushing, but groups ONLY invites destrolocks, surv hunters and monks.

Every, single, group, I stream, play this speccs. Its not fun, at all. Same with holypriest.

Why WOULDN'T you do that, though?

You make a group, and you have 50 applicants for DPS in two seconds. If you can choose whoever you want, why would you NOT choose the broken specs who do crazy damage? To make your run worse on purpose?

10+ Year Old Account
    RMP is overtuned? Makes 3/4 of all tournament teams?
    Blizzard's response: better nerf ret.

RMP is already Ret's worst nightmare in arena. Now it will be even harder vs. them, cause Ret is gonna do less damage in those few seconds of uptime you get vs. RMP in first place.

I quit retail for good when TBC classic started and I'm probably not gonna be back until I will be absolutely convinced that Dragonflight is worth it. Thank God WoTLK is coming.

P.S. I just don't get it why devs LOVE rogue and mage SO MUCH that they allow these two classes to own people in PvP for almost two decades. Why is the reason these two classes are ALWAYS the strongest and avoid major nerfs every time? Flawed logic? Devs play rogue / mage themselves? Else? Either way, this is disgusting.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2022-06-26 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by druvirus View Post
    5v5 arena? Relies on skill rather than gear? Fun and repeatable? You're in luck because Overwatch 2 comes out in October.
    Dunno, haven't played 5v5, I don't even enjoy 3v3. I ony played and enjoyed 2v2.
    But for being a separate entity of a game, I guessed it would be ok if it included 2v2 3v3 5v5.

Quote Originally Posted by Alohaitsjeff View Post
    That’s your experience. I mained Ret for the last 2 expansions and finally had enough and switched to destro lock. It’s night and day getting accepted into groups - I’m not even talking 20s. To see the meta specs doing 40k every trash pull and Ret only able to do 25k every other pack/2 mins.. it’s just not right. The change to destro lock bothers me, and nothing for hunters? I’m just salty.
    In that case you would be declined as ret even if destru does 40k and ret doing 35k.

You also could just push your own key

Quote Originally Posted by JoakimB View Post

Oof. That hyperbole tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post
    Yep, I thought so too. Kind of funny and strange to nerf them. I always kite them and kill them without a problem. The only time I got issues is when they nuke me, which is not very often. I think its fair, but I guess not? Take away their dps and they wont be able to kill me anymore lol ;p (not that I mind ;p)
    Idk man sometimes I get pretty funny kills on my ret like https://streamable.com/lss3nf

To fix RMP Blizzard would have to fundamentally break those classes synergy and that ain't happening this expansion at least, probably never

I just wish Blizz would give DKs some love :b This warrior nerf ain't gonna bring them up the ladder just yet

Yeah, especially if Rets are overgeared vs people with barely any gear. It feels worse to get killed by a pala than anything else (well, maybe over geared rogues hurt too ;p)

But on an equal gear level, ret is rarely a huge problem even with their burst. Pro ret players are very hard to kill, but those are rare in BGS. Sometimes i cant even kill them even if they ain't fighting me. They are kind of tuff. I see that kind of person like 1 time every 20 BGs? Good ret can probably kill anyone, even seen them do a 2 vs 1.
    Again, it depends on gear and skill. As i said, the game is not all about the top 1% of gear and skill. 99 % of the players are just like me. Even if they wanna think they are something more or special xD (I swear, everyone in WOW is like - TOP 3 in arena player etc, that's a lot of top 3 people...;p)

Ret has the potential to be amazing, but it rarely is. Also their CD's as people said are kind of long. Nuke dps is all they got and if that suffers, i just cant imagine them doing well enough to be fun. Ret rarely killed me without wings, that's just a fact for me and my pvp experience.

Maybe i just find those kinds of paladins, that's also possible? Still, Blizzard love nerfing that class, even in Diablo 2 and 3.

Yeah but especially in competitive modes rets usually play a supporting role for the actual main dps (like warriors etc.), it's not really meant to be a one-man powerhouse. And for that rets have a ton of goodies :b

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Oof. That hyperbole tho.
    Or, not.

/10chars