Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Twitter is in a frenzy because Nancy nudged a child and now she's a witch who beats Mexican children..like.....this has to be a meme.
    The bad faith attempts to redefine words and reality by the Republican party is wild.

Seriously, liberals need to run with the, "Republicans want to make touching someone in any way illegal assault." line that Republicans are implicitly stating based on these two events.

Just saw that video and it's absolutely hilarious. Truly, Republicans are the most delicate, sensitive of snowflakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The bad faith attempts to redefine words and reality by the Republican party is wild.

Seriously, liberals need to run with the, "Republicans want to make touching someone in any way illegal assault." line that Republicans are implicitly stating based on these two events.

Just saw that video and it's absolutely hilarious. Truly, Republicans are the most delicate, sensitive of snowflakes.
    This is just them pandering to their incels in the base -- If nobody will touch them. We'll make touching anyone illegal!
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    This is just them pandering to their incels in the base -- If nobody will touch them. We'll make touching anyone illegal!
    You misunderstand.

You cannot touch them, you are below them. They can assault or battery or harangue you as much as they want, as they are above you.

Remember, there’s no “equal application” here. This is simply about creating a system in which they are on top, so there’s no hypocrisy when they treat you as lesser.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You misunderstand.

You cannot touch them, you are below them. They can assault or battery or harangue you as much as they want, as they are above you.

Remember, there’s no “equal application” here. This is simply about creating a system in which they are on top, so there’s no hypocrisy when they treat you as lesser.
    So pretty much the entire Republican stance since 1980? "The rules are for thee....not for me."
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

I wanna meet Giuliani and shake his hand, and then fall on the ground in agony claiming that he assaulted me and crushed my hand that I did not want him to shake.

It seems the standard is set, but I doubt he's ever making it out to my neck of the woods in CA. Shame.

https://texasgop.org/platform/

That shit reads like a damn horror movie. They definitely earning the name of Tea Party Taliban.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    They definitely earning the name of Tea Party Taliban.
    The Republican party is completing its transformation into Y'all Qaeda. The GOP platform and that of, say, the Taliban, is increasingly difficult to differentiate between.

10+ Year Old Account
    You misunderstand.

There is an in-group, that the law protects but does not bind, and an out-group, that the law binds but does not protect. Everything they do comes down to that.
    Wiping is Fun! ™

The Republican party is completing its transformation into Y'all Qaeda. The GOP platform and that of, say, the Taliban, is increasingly difficult to differentiate between.
    I pray people continue being able to differentiate between the GOP and the Taliban.
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

End of quote. Repeat the line.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I pray people continue being able to differentiate between the GOP and the Taliban.
    One’s Christian and one’s Muslim, that’s about where the difference ends when you get into it.

Policy wise they are near identical with the violence the Taliban commits the GOP wants to but knows they don’t have the power to do it and don’t want to have it reciprocated.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    The venn diagram of those two are practically a circle, the only difference being the look of the one they worship.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rommon64 View Post
    There is an in-group, that the law protects but does not bind, and an out-group, that the law binds but does not protect. Everything they do comes down to that.
    This was very well written.

And 100% correct. We see it almost every day in the GQP headlines. They enforce the law, but do not follow it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    So pretty much the entire Republican stance since 1980? "The rules are for thee....not for me."
    @Endus had a terrific summary of the GQP quinessential platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Conservative ideologies in general, and Republican ideology specifically, boils down to only two maxims, once you scrape the surface. Literally only two. Everything else is just a specific example of those two. Those principles are as follows;

1> We get to tell everyone else what to do.
    2> No one gets to tell us what to do.

That's it. That's the entirety of conservativism summed up.

That's why the "freeze peach" crowd will simultaneously rage against anything that limits their capacity to reach any audience, without any considerations for private property or other people's rights (they get to tell you to not limit their speech, while you don't get to tell them their speech is unwanted), while simultaneously and gleefully banning "liberals" or whatever off any platforms they can (they get to tell you to fuck off and shut up, obviously, and you don't get to tell them it's "unfair" or "unjustified").

There's no hypocrisy, once you understand the true core principles at play.
    It perfectly summaries what the GQP is after, and at the same frighteningly parrots 1984.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    This was very well written.

And 100% correct. We see it almost every day in the GQP headlines. They enforce the law, but do not follow it.

- - - Updated - - -

@Endus had a terrific summary of the GQP quinessential platform.

It perfectly summaries what the GQP is after, and at the same frighteningly parrots 1984.
    And the ironic thing is that conservatives will point to private companies- Twitter, Facebook, etc- banning conservatives posters who break the rules for posting violent rhetoric/spreading dangerous misinformation as being “big brother 1984 censorship.”
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Even Newsmax isn't buying Rudy's sob story about his "vicious attack". The charges have been downgraded to third-degree assault, third-degree menacing, and second-degree harassment, but I think those are all absolutely hilarious charges as well.

Seriously, I hope the guy fights this in court and sets the "Rudy Giuliani Precedent" of any physical contact being assault whatsoever, and that Republicans are reminded that it's their own that did this. No "snowflake libs", but the former Republican mayor of NYC and lawyer to their golden calf, Trump.

[video=youtube;GRK-SUncopo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRK-SUncopo[/vieo]

Even Newsmax isn't buying Rudy's sob story about his "vicious attack". The charges have been downgraded to third-degree assault, third-degree menacing, and second-degree harassment, but I think those are all absolutely hilarious charges as well.

Seriously, I hope the guy fights this in court and sets the "Rudy Giuliani Precedent" of any physical contact being assault whatsoever, and that Republicans are reminded that it's their own that did this. No "snowflake libs", but the former Republican mayor of NYC and lawyer to their golden calf, Trump.
    I wonder how many times he equated that slight back slap to a gun shot (he did say that at first.)

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Donald Trump got upset when told he couldn't go to the capital, tried to manhandle the steering wheel of his limo, then when he got to the White House, threw a hamburger at the wall like a petulant child.

Is this for real?

This really happen? Like good lord, I thought I read that in an Onion article. The man with the nuclear codes threw a fucking hamburger at a wall because he didn't get his way.

Is this the alpha male the maga hats claim he is?

If this Hutchinson woman wasn't under oath, I'd claim this was being made up. You can't write better satire than reality.
    Putin khuliyo

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    And the ironic thing is that conservatives will point to private companies- Twitter, Facebook, etc- banning conservatives posters who break the rules for posting violent rhetoric/spreading dangerous misinformation as being “big brother 1984 censorship.”
    Yep - and the GQP followers will eat it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Donald Trump got upset when told he couldn't go to the capital, tried to manhandle the steering wheel of his limo, then when he got to the White House, threw a hamburger at the wall like a petulant child.

Is this for real?

This really happen? Like good lord, I thought I read that in an Onion article. The man with the nuclear codes threw a fucking hamburger at a wall because he didn't get his way.

Is this the alpha male the maga hats claim he is?

If this Hutchinson woman wasn't under oath, I'd claim this was being made up. You can't write better satire than reality.
    I'd expect that from the Borowitz Report, like Women become corporations to get the rights of people.

If he's that butthurt over what she says, he should sue her. Let's get people under oath and telling their stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    I'd expect that from the Borowitz Report, like Women become corporations to get the rights of people.
    Dear god . . . that's brilliant.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rommon64 View Post
    Wilhoit's Law is alive and well... unfortunately.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils