7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    If the problem is fear, the answer is knowledge. Each side has to be willing to try to understand the concerns of the other..

I believe we must reinvigorate the fire of this idealism in our society, because nothing suffocates the original promise of America more than unbounded cynicism and division.

Find common ground and build upon it.
    Some issues there is no middle ground.

You do not get to use your religion to dictate policies. I will not come to a middle ground with someone making laws based on their religion.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Here are the concerns of 1 side.

-I just want to live my life, love who I love, have control over my body, not be killed by ammosexuals or cops, be paid a dignified wage for honest work and not go bankrupt if I have to go to a hospital.

Here are the concerns of the other side.

-Imaginary pedophiles, taking rights away from anyone who isn't like themselves, especially people of color, women, non religious people, gays and trans people. They want to shoot guns, be damned how many children die in shot by mass shooters.

What the fuck is the middle ground?

One side just wants to live, the other side literally wants the other side to stop existing. HOW DO YOU FUCKING RECONCILE THAT?
    I believe we must do away with those big generalizations to begin with. I'm not saying you're completely wrong. That's why finding common ground is so important
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

End of quote. Repeat the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Who is that guy normally?
    /shrug Just the usual "anti-woke/SJW" crap.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I believe we must do away with those big generalizations to begin with. I'm not saying you're completely wrong. That's why finding common ground is so important
    There is not common ground on some of these issues.
    I am not going to half way agree with someone on whether or not gays can get married. It is a yes they can or no they can't.
    And if your answer is they can't because your religion says no, you can leave for a more religious country.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    /shrug Just the usual "anti-woke/SJW" crap.
    Yeah, but the post count says he has been here for a while and MMO-Champion has failed us by allowing him to hide that information.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Who is that guy normally?

MMO-Champion really needs to do itself and all of us a favor and start giving people the ability to view a users previous name and icon.
    Left-Libertarian most of my life. I'm an atheist and I support abortion.
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

Left-Libertarian most of my life. I'm an atheist and I support abortion.
    Not what I asked, what was your previous profile name and avatar is what I was asking, your posts look disingenuous as hell.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Not what I asked, what was your previous profile name and avatar is what I was asking, your posts look disingenuous as hell.
    Mate, I just changed my profile picture.

Mate, I just changed my profile picture.
    If you say so but I don’t recognize the name at all. Maybe it just slipped my mind though.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you say so but I don’t recognize the name at all. Maybe it just slipped my mind though.
    Pretty sure I remember his name. One of many I threw on my ignore list, long a go.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    There is not common ground on some of these issues.
    I am not going to half way agree with someone on whether or not gays can get married. It is a yes they can or no they can't.
    And if your answer is they can't because your religion says no, you can leave for a more religious country.
    Couldn't agree more with you friend. Gay marriage and abortion resistance is mostly tied with religion. There's no place for religious decisions that impact non-religious people on a country that separates state from religion.
    Last edited by tikcol; 2022-06-28 at 12:59 AM.

If the problem is fear, the answer is knowledge. Each side has to be willing to try to understand the concerns of the other..
    You could take a representative sampling of the American Left and Right each, and I guarantee you that the left-leaning people could explain the right's position FAR better than vice versa.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Pretty sure I remember his name. One of many I threw on my ignore list, long a go.
    Ah, thank you. I don't have anyone on my ignore list on here. Just seems pointless and counter productive with how MMO-Champion currently has it implemented.

Doesn't hide the posts, just obscures them, doesn't hide the responses to them at all either so you are literally stuck coming back to a mountain of posts you just would rather skip over while at the same time will block entire threads just because they posted them even if it has actually turned into something worth reading due to other correcting them.

Just seemed like you lost something decent while gaining virtually nothing using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    You could take a representative sampling of the American Left and Right each, and I guarantee you that the left-leaning people could explain the right's position FAR better than vice versa.
    These kinds of arguments aren't my cup of tea. It's borderline segregationism and I believe it's in the nation's best interest not to do it. This nation needs unity more than ever.

First find common ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Sure, you can go "no compromise". We all reap what we sow.
    Thats what the Republicans do. Take the ACA.The Republicans were involved virtually every stop on the way. They were at committee meetings, were given the opportunity to view the bill and offer amendments and many if not all were taken. And they still voted against the thing.

why in gods name should anyone compromise with those assholes? like even that misses the point endus was trying to make but if you want to disregard that its still a loosing proposition. Again not that I think we should expressly go in the direction of political expediency on something like this but even if you do you still lose...
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    why in gods name should anyone compromise with those assholes?
    Because Democrats are held to a higher standard than Republicans... It's complete bullshit, but it's incredibly common for conservatives to demand civility and decorum while completely refusing to engage in either themselves.

These kinds of arguments aren't my cup of tea. It's borderline segregationism and I believe it's in the nation's best interest not to do it. The country needs unity more than ever.
    Yeah, you aren't going to get unity when you have the republican party denying reality and willing to lie, cheat, and steal to get what they want and will actively damage us as a nation just to blame Democrats and would rather destroy the nation than let it survive in ways they don't want.

And you might think I am being hyperbolic on this, I am not.

They lied and stole supreme court seats, they lie, cheat, and steal through voter disenfranchisement and gerrymandering a exploiting all they can to have more influence than their own voter base would dictate and I have personally met countless who had no issues and actually supported killing people they didn't agree with with the law being one of the main things holding them back from killing people who they disagreed with but didn't know personally.

For unity, you need the anti-intellectuals out of the picture or at least out of power along with the biggots. But kinda hard to find a common ground between someone who thinks that people who should be equal and judged based on their actions and motivations and people who think that homosexuality is a form of brain damage and torturing children is justifiable if their parents brought them here requesting asylum justifying that if they hadn't came here then it wouldn't have happened. Again, no hyperbolic remarks there either, these are views I have literally had to deal with.

Then just look at Texas
    https://texasgop.org/platform/

Wants to abolish minimum wage, Child Protective Services, wants to redirect money from public schools, wants to remove laws on hate crimes and hate speech and ban facebook and twitter from enforcing their own policies on it, and that's just the start.

It's their own CHOSEN platform policies and it reads like a horror movie.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Because Democrats are held to a higher standard than Republicans... It's complete bullshit, but it's incredibly common for conservatives to demand civility and decorum while completely refusing to engage in either themselves.
    I'd rather not see the political party which holds my favor adopt behavior that I condemn on the opposition.

As long as the bots don't vote, I'm sure we will have a fair assessment of the will of the people in the next elections.
    Trump and the conservatives are already planning to steal the election[s]
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I'd rather not see the political party which holds my favor adopt behavior that I condemn on the opposition.
    Well, then you are in for a treat because my brother in law is a hardcore conservative and when I pointed out what he was fearing that Democrats would do I pointed out that the Republicans had just did them and he supported it and his justification was that the Democrats were a bunch of devil worshiping liberals who would burn in hell. And met a few just like him where power was all that mattered.

Used to debate the daughter of a local congressman and backed her into a corner multiple times in debates where she would refuse to answer because it would expose her double standard and hypocrisy.