I'm surprised with how many strikes on the island it hasn't become Snake archipelago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It would have been more believable if they just said "We were aiming for the rail depot next door that was being used to ship NATO weapons to the front line and we missed." and 3rd party nations (those neither aligned with Russia or NATO) might have actually accepted that excuse since Russian missiles don't have accuracy anymore since they've come close to using up their best weapons..
    Why try to spin it as an oops when you can try to shift the blame? Again time honoured russian tactic, wasn't me, it was the previous guy/my cousin/my brother/that dude on the other side of the world.

Edit: so they actually did it, they took halfhearted responsibility by saying they aimed for a weapons depot, but somehow a secondary explosion, which wasn't' their fault of course, hit the EMPTY mall....

I'm surprised with how many strikes on the island it hasn't become Snake archipelago.
    I know you're joking, but the amount of damage that would need to be done by conventional means is terrifying to make that a reality.
    Last edited by Iphie; 2022-06-28 at 12:06 PM.

It would have been more believable if they just said "We were aiming for the rail depot next door that was being used to ship NATO weapons to the front line and we missed." and 3rd party nations (those neither aligned with Russia or NATO) might have actually accepted that excuse since Russian missiles don't have accuracy anymore since they've come close to using up their best weapons..
    They did, essentially, admit to that. They just claim that the trading center was nonfunctional and empty. I guess Ukrainian Nazis used black magic to scry the location of a future strike and filled an empty mall with people. How truly vile of them. /s just in case.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think even Putin knows what the endgame is anymore. Maybe it's just Donbass and keeping Crimea "safe" (From a Russian perspective). Maybe it's still all of Ukraine somehow. Either way I'm not even sure a full mobilization will get them what they need anymore.
    As said above by Phaelix, it seems it's more about what the great enemy shall not have rather than what Russia would be trying to obtain. And whether their lies and claims are believable as well, does anyone still think they care? They don't care about anything. It's about destroying anything and everything there is in that country, and the rest is irrelevant. They likely have resources to keep the meat grinder running for much longer than we think, or what the western solidarity efforts are expected to last. Unfortunately.
    Last edited by ifrah; 2022-06-28 at 12:39 PM.

Experience has shown how deeply the seeds of war are planted by economic rivalry and social injustice.
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

End of quote. Repeat the line.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Experience has shown how deeply the seeds of war are planted by economic rivalry and social injustice.
    The only cause of this war is Russia's fascist ideology.

This has nothing to do with economic rivalry. The best thing for Russia in economic terms would be to keep the peace and sell shit to Europe while benefitting from the European technological base.

Russia has nothing to gain here in economic terms.

There is no rivalry. Russians out of nationalism and ego went to war with their own markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    This has nothing to do with economic rivalry. The best thing for Russia in economic terms would be to keep the peace and sell shit to Europe while benefitting from the European technological base.

Russia has nothing to gain here in economic terms.

There is no rivalry. Russians out of nationalism and ego went to war with their own markets.
    What happened as a result of this war was not just that a Ukrainian identity strengthened, and Ukrainians connected more with their Ukrainian culture, but huge categories of people no longer see the idea of picking up arms for their country as radical
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

End of quote. Repeat the line.

What happened as a result of this war was not just that a Ukrainian identity strengthened, and Ukrainians connected more with their Ukrainian culture, but huge categories of people no longer see the idea of picking up arms for their country as radical
    No one has ever seen "picking up arms for their country" radical. That's right wing bullshit.

Just that normal nom fascist humans can draw an ethical distinction between picking up arms to defend your home and picking up arms to be sent half way across the globe to kill brown people for no discernable fucking reason.

Turkey now supports Sweden and Finland's entry into NATO.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    What did Erdoan get in the trade?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    What did Erdoan get in the trade?
    Here's the full agreement. Some very sweeping terms in some of the clauses. A lot of confirmation about the stance Sweden already had on some issues regarding PKK etc. I think it mainly boiled down to the arms exports, but I'm certainly no expert.

https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/statu...56195257966592

10+ Year Old Account
    This makes me feel relieved. Regardless of how people feel about NATO it is better in than out from where I'm standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    This makes me feel relieved. Regardless of how people feel about NATO it is better in than out from where I'm standing.
    I went from being neutral about NATO to being pro-NATO. My change in opinion had a lot to do with these recent years of Russian aggression, and standing in solidarity with Finland (enabling NATO to supply/support Finland through Sweden).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

7+ Year Old Account
    I went from being neutral about NATO to being pro-NATO. My change in opinion had a lot to do with these recent years of Russian aggression, and standing in solidarity with Finland (enabling NATO to supply/support Finland through Sweden).
    You just gotta love impotent ruskies frothing when seeing this.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-06-28 at 08:15 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having lived in the Netherlands for 33 years before moving to Finland 11.5 years ago I've always had a positive view of NATO, this has not changed, even if I didn't see the need lately but hey, things change quickly...just like I used to be against civilian possession of guns, the last few years have nuanced that view. Funny that...
    Last edited by Iphie; 2022-06-28 at 08:36 PM.

Is it odd the first thing I wanted to do once seeing the Nato news for Sweden and Finland is check out the Darth Putin twitter page....

Putin is the best salesman of the year. Normally you would not convince Finland and Sweden but here were are, they applied themselves. /roflclap

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Is it odd the first thing I wanted to do once seeing the Nato news for Sweden and Finland is check out the Darth Putin twitter page....
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    Putin is the best salesman of the year. Normally you would not convince Finland and Sweden but here were are, they applied themselves. /roflclap
    Two birds, one stone tweet...
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Glad they managed to resolve it. I'm sure Turkey enjoyed their time in the limelight, but being the odd one out on a matter like this isn't to your benefit on the long run.