overwatch 2 beta starts tonight no? doubt they'd launch both on the same day, maybe later this week or just flat out next week

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreen View Post
    overwatch 2 beta starts tonight no? doubt they'd launch both on the same day, maybe later this week or just flat out next week
    I thought Overwatch 2 Beta did start already? Today is just the day people can get into it via the shop bundle, right?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I thought Overwatch 2 Beta did start already? Today is just the day people can get into it via the shop bundle, right?
    It started and ended. Now it starts again.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Interesting the Hearthstone expansion takes place in the Shadowlands. I guess that at least confirms it hasn't been fully WoD'd and that Denathrius was the best part of this expansion.

I mean, even WoD wasn't WoD'd at the end, BfA ensured that.

We will 100% have a Lightbound expansion in the future, and as we know the Lightbound come from AU Draenor.

As shit as an expansion can be, that's still assets and storylines the team created and they are too prideful to just throw them into the bin. That's why the team is even trying to recycle the WoD storyline with this Lightbound plotline.

It wouldn't even surprise me if we revisit all of AU Draenor in the future, once it has been fully taken over by the Lightbound. Or maybe that will be a Hearthstone expansion.

Interesting the Hearthstone expansion takes place in the Shadowlands. I guess that at least confirms it hasn't been fully WoD'd and that Denathrius was the best part of this expansion.

This looks fun, but seeing those characters again gives me an anxiety tbh. I don't want to offend anyone, but I'm really tired of anything related to SL. Dragonflight can't come soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    This looks fun, but seeing those characters again gives me an anxiety tbh. I don't want to offend anyone, but I'm really tired of anything related to SL. Dragonflight can't come soon enough.
    Im the same way, i get that SL in some ways improved but it left a taste in my mouth that is so bad i don't even want to see it ever again, first time me and my friends that i've been playing or just chatting about wow since wotlk, just made us to hate it, not even talking about it between each other.

Waiting for lvling change where i don't even have to lvl through that expansion.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2022-06-28 at 11:42 AM.

Revendreth, Venthyr and Denathrius have been too edgy and cool to pass on them. It's a great setting for a Hearthstone expansion.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I also think that the Nathrezim origin lore has been one of the less disliked pieces/most important/persisting pieces of lore in Shadowlands, so they probably don't feel as hesitant to use them.

Jailer making them manipulate Sargeras? No, that's not liked much, but them having a weird origin that ties them to the underworld hasn't been received too badly. I've seen a lot of positive reception that they are outliving both the Legion and Zovaal.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2022-06-28 at 12:31 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I also think that the Nathrezim origin lore has been one of the less disliked pieces/most important/persisting pieces of lore in Shadowlands, so they probably don't feel as hesitant to use them.

Jailer making them manipulate Sargeras? No, that's not liked much, but them having a weird origin that ties them to the underworld hasn't been received too badly. I've seen a lot of positive reception that they are outliving both the Legion and Zovaal.
    Honestly, most of Shadowlands was actually great after they pulled the ripcord on Covenants. The real problem was the content draught, not the lore.

Well and yeah, they should have build up the Jailer via a chronicle style book instead.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Honestly, most of Shadowlands was actually great after they pulled the ripcord on Covenants. The real problem was the content draught, not the lore.

Well and yeah, they should have build up the Jailer via a chronicle style book instead.
    I've seen people iffy on Kyrians and VERY iffy on Ardenweald, but the actual spooky zones seem palatable to loreheads.

Now that I am back leveling alts, the fact they did not increase anima gains more at this point in the expansion is nuts. It is such a slog.

10+ Year Old Account

Most people have their ahem derision on the Jailer himself(I enjoy watching him work, bite me) less then anything else.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Revendreth, Venthyr and Denathrius have been too edgy and cool to pass on them. It's a great setting for a Hearthstone expansion.
    Denathrius is not in any way edgy. He is completely camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Atriel View Post
    Now that I am back leveling alts, the fact they did not increase anima gains more at this point in the expansion is nuts. It is such a slog.
    Zereth Mortis shits out anima.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Honestly the world building in this expansion if it was actually shown to the audience is pretty impressive and especially with how it connected all the way back to Classic lore. Obviously, I think fundamentally that this expansion couldn't have existed in the vacuum that it does it would've had to have a sprawling narrative that lasted over 3-4 expansions but obviously that is not going to happen.

Absolutely, I think they failed to execute though and it is a shame that we had to Cut & Run while leaving clues that again most of the audience can't even think or understand the basic principles of.

The World Building of Shadowlands and the wider cosmos is pretty fascinating if you remove the initial disappointment and then start to open your 3rd eye.

Also most people ignored the 9.2 Codex which is pretty funny since it will most likely become important again in the future.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Honestly the world building in this expansion if it was actually shown to the audience is pretty impressive and especially with how it connected all the way back to Classic lore. Obviously, I think fundamentally that this expansion couldn't have existed in the vacuum that it does it would've had to have a sprawling narrative that lasted over 3-4 expansions but obviously that is not going to happen.

Absolutely, I think they failed to execute though and it is a shame that we had to Cut & Run while leaving clues that again most of the audience can't even think or understand the basic principles of.

The World Building of Shadowlands and the wider cosmos is pretty fascinating if you remove the initial disappointment and then start to open your 3rd eye.

Also most people ignored the 9.2 Codex which is pretty funny since it will most likely become important again in the future.
    Whats so special about the 9.2 codex? Thats the blue book you get in ZM right?

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Obviously I think Steve didn't really play his hands for Shadowlands that well and I feel Zovaal was an incredible missed opportunity to tell a story about a villain that is more than just the stereotypical WoW Villain. But, alas time ran out as it usually does just like it did with N'zoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Whats so special about the 9.2 codex? Thats the blue book you get in ZM right?
    Yep, it's going to take a while though for that to unravel though for the larger audience.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Zereth Mortis shits out anima.
    It absolutely does but if you are starting your collection now, the total amount remains insane.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've seen people iffy on Kyrians and VERY iffy on Ardenweald, but the actual spooky zones seem palatable to loreheads.
    Imo the problem with Ardenweald was that they didn't really told us the mechanics and connections between the dream/lifelands and ardenweald in detail. Also it didn't help that they literally invented it just for Shadowlands. Imagine if they had teased Ardenweald with Legion's Emerald Nightmare raid ending - I bet it would have been another hyped thing to look forward to on the scale of Nyalotha.

For the Kyrians, I still think it's a shame they cut the spiritkillers and "hall of purification" dungeon. I would have prefered a darker side to them that's not the forsworn:

Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-06-28 at 01:56 PM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

im gonna assume alpha this week
    1 month alpha
    4 months beta
    delay season 1 otherwise launch mid-late november