Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    ....now that is a name I have not heard in a long time.
    Ya I only post every once in awhile now at most.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Just saying your past posts betray what you're saying now. I don't know if all of what you've been doing in this thread is some kind of trolling, or maybe you're afraid that this ruling could lead to a lot of violence targeted against Republicans. Whatever the case I and several others don't think you're being genuine.
    I don't ever recall calling for political segregation so that might be a huge misunderstanding. It's also never late to find common ground and build upon it.

A constructive approach in politics is the right one. Sowing division has diminishing returns on the long term.
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

End of quote. Repeat the line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I don't ever recall calling for political segregation so that might be a huge misunderstanding. It's also never late to find common ground and build upon it.

A constructive approach in politics is the right one. Sowing division has diminishing returns on the long term.
    There is no "common ground" with people who seek to subjugate and dehumanize women.

Anyone arguing otherwise is a sympathizer if not a part of that group themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Just because you are a female does not grant you the right to murder.
    So maybe you will tell me how many years in prison a woman should get for a miscarriage?
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There is no "common ground" with people who seek to subjugate and dehumanize women.

Anyone arguing otherwise is a sympathizer if not a part of that group themselves.
    We just found common ground right here !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jna View Post
    My friend, I would say segregation in itself isn't necessarily a bad thing. I mean, yeah, the first thing we think about this word is apartheid, which is really terrible and irrational. But there is a reason we separate dangerous people from the rest in a society as damage containment measure.
    Not that I praise the US prison system (it's almost total shit, imo, it doesn't rehabilitate anyone and probably produces more problems. The nordic model seems immensely more efficient), but sometimes, things get to a point of overall damage that you have to segregate, right? At least while you try to fix things up.

Common ground and conciliation is something that requires a minimal level of good faith. Make a tour on conservative media, see how they are reacting. It's all about "owning the libs", "libs are crying, i'm happy". 10 years ago you could say it's just internet meme. Well, now we have a very practical/tangible decision that will make people literally DIE and suffer for literally no reason. The psychos are celebrating, ofc.

Can anyone list a SINGLE benefit of this decision for the life of average american citizen?
    What's really the point of this decision? Just to harm some people because you have the power to do so?
    For the hyper legalists who get horny about technicalities: what is the ultimate purpose of laws? Isn't to organize, IMPROVE social life, SOLVE problems/conflicts? OR is to create new problems? OR is to subjugate people? Make them suffer is some way, because you can? Is that what laws are about in US?

Meanwhile, conservative media continues to feed their targets with the traditional vile poison, stupidity, brain rot, hatred, etc etc etc. Well, they got practical results, why would they stop?
    I would say it's time to radicalize the other side. Radicalize, go to the roots of the matter. At the very least, you can push the political window.

Edit: Add to that the wonderful electoral college that allows losers of the popular vote to actually take the sit. It doesn't sound very democratic at all. The system looks outdated with lots of loopholes.
    State's rights give individual states the right to pass and enforce laws and operate independently of and with minimal interference by the federal government. This means each state has the right and the power to operate independently from the federal government as long as there is no violation of the US constitution.
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

10+ Year Old Account
    State's rights give individual states the right to pass and enforce laws and operate independently of and with minimal interference by the federal government. This means each state has the right and the power to operate independently from the federal government as long as there is no violation of the US constitution.
    Another step towards the division of the United States.

Federal government rule is what keeps us a united country. The more and more states rights take precedence, the more divided we become.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Just so we are clear, no agitation or segregation is needed. Young people are stupid and can't be bothered to do the basic things needed to defend their civil rights

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Another step towards the division of the United States.

Federal government rule is what keeps us a united country. The more and more states rights take precedence, the more divided we become.
    We are the United States. Keep the States and keep them United.

We can however foster the infrastructure of democracy. The free press, unions, political parties, universities which would allow the people to choose their own way to develop their own culture. To reconcile, always through peaceful means.

Political parties being plural, in my view, more than 2 would be greatly beneficial.

Renew the political spectrum and move away from this dogmatic system.

10+ Year Old Account
    But we were founded on the idea everybody should have an equal opportunity to succeed.
    Unless you are a slave. Or a woman. Or not a landowner...

Take your founder fanfic elsewhere.
    Forum badass alert:

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Unless you are a slave. Or a woman. Or not a landowner...

Take your founder fanfic elsewhere.
    America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand.

The progress that was made attests to that. Being proud of that fact shouldn't be indication of anything else besides how you're proud that your country created someone such as yourself.

Being proud of America is being proud of yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand.
    If I wanted meaningless platitudes I'd order chinese food and crack open that fortune cookie. This has nothing to do with my statement.

What sort of fascist nonsense is this? Sorry comrade but I am not mother russia and if I want to be embarrassed, angry, or ashamed at something my country has done I have every right to do so without minimizing my self worth.

Stop trolling.
    Forum badass alert:

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Sorry comrade but I am not mother russia and if I want to be embarrassed, angry, or ashamed at something my country has done I have every right to do so without minimizing my self worth.
    Completely agree with you on this. They're not mutually exclusive. You can be proud of the good and be a part of the change you want to see.

The progress that was made attests to that. Being proud of that fact shouldn't be indication of anything else besides how you're proud that your country created someone such as yourself.

This kind of blind patriotism always makes me want to puke.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    This kind of blind patriotism always makes me want to puke.
    I see it a different way. It's not blind patriotism to be proud of the country that in some sense created you as an individual. Whom can not only appreciate what generations past have built but see what still needs to be done which will, in turn, help the nation prosper further.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    There is a reason Edge kept mentioning different people in reply to some of his posts. He literally just used quotes from people like Biden to form his posts, there was never any honest intention behind them, which I thought was incredibly obvious.
    You can just scroll back through his post history to see the sort of stuff he normally talks about when he's not pretending to be...whatever he's pretending to be now. Just ignore the troll and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see it a different way-
    You also don't see women as people with the right to bodily autonomy, so like, go get your eyes checked.

I see it a different way. It's not blind patriotism to be proud of the country that in some sense created you as an individual. Whom can not only appreciate what generations past have built but see what still needs to be done which will, in turn, help the nation prosper further.
    Considering you are almost certainly a Russian or Eastern European who hates gay people, and wants them oppressed...

Nobody is buying this nonsense.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...representation

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    You also don't see women as people with the right to bodily autonomy, so like, go get your eyes checked.
    How so? I've always been in favor of abortion. Religious arguments hold no sway over me considering my lack of faith.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Considering you are almost certainly a Russian or Eastern European who hates gay people, and wants them oppressed...
    You're most welcome to speculate about my origins but I take no small offense about the second part. I'd like to believe that people in general are not immune to change in the most general definition of the word.

Some beliefs stem from ignorance, the good thing about ignorance is that there's always room for learning as long as there's a will to do so.

How so? I've always been in favor of abortion. Religious arguments hold no sway over me considering my lack of faith.

- - - Updated - - -

You're most welcome to speculate about my origins but I take no small offense about the second part. I'd like to believe that people in general are not immune to change in the most general definition of the word.

Some beliefs stem from ignorance, the good thing about ignorance is that there's always room for learning.
    No need to speculate, we have your post history.

Nobody believes anything you say.

You're putting it in a far more positive light than it currently deserves.

Recognizing that the country you grew up in, with all the good and bad that comes with it, is fine ...being PROUD of that country when it has a track record of some pretty terrible shit is crazy to me, ESPECIALLY when that same country is backsliding, hard....PURPOSELY.

Land of the free and home of the brave, my ass. It's being run by limp dicks or theocratic fascists.

And the population itself isn't THAT much better. The last 6 years have shown just how many easily duped, no thinking, idiotic mongoloids there are that subscribe to these fascist ideas, not necessarily because they honestly believe that, but because they're so willfully ignorant of the facts, and so blinded by their faith in whatever the fuck they're following they can't see how hypocritical they are. And it's FAR too many. Especially considering the "rules" seemingly only apply to the Democrats because the Republicans are tromping all over them constantly and getting away with shit left and right.

Right now, there's FAR too much going on in the US to be proud of it.

Super nerdy comparison, but given it's MMO-C I think it fits. It's like trying to continue to be proud of Arthas for what he was and what he accomplished as a Paladin...DURING the Culling of Stratholme.