Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    No need to speculate, we have your post history.

Nobody believes anything you say.
    Which is entirely your right.

I'm ill-equipped to persuade you instantly so I hope I can change your mind with consistency over time by conducting a civil discussion about this topic. I haven't heard your opinion on this matter yet but I'll gladly read it
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

End of quote. Repeat the line.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Which is entirely your right.

I'm ill-equipped to persuade you instantly so I hope I can change your mind with consistency over time by conducting a civil discussion about this topic. I haven't heard your opinion on this matter yet but I'll gladly read it
    Nope, we still do not believe you.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ciation-thread

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to believe that people in general are not immune to change in the most general definition of the word.
    I am in agreement with you here.

If someone wanted to pull up my post history, they may believe that things about me, that are not true today.

Facebook likes to bring up my old posts as memories, and I cringe at things I have said in the past. I am nothing like that any more as I learned so much over the past decade or so.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I don't ever recall calling for political segregation so that might be a huge misunderstanding. It's also never late to find common ground and build upon it.

A constructive approach in politics is the right one. Sowing division has diminishing returns on the long term.
    You've shown a lot of support in your past posts for a political party that is constantly trying to own the libs which sows division. With Republicans constantly trying to own the libs, I don't see how there can be much common ground anymore. Also I've never mentioned anything about political segregation in my replies to you, so maybe you're getting me confused with someone else.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    "I know a zealous minority in our country just decided to unilaterally decide that women don't have federally protected bodily autonomy and have openly telegraphed their desires to go after Gay Marriage and Birth control, but I feel like both sides should come together and find some common ground "

Lmao fuck that noise. Playing nice with these dipshits is what got us in this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post

If someone wanted to pull up my post history, they may believe that things about me, that are not true today.

Facebook likes to bring up my old posts as memories, and I cringe at things I have said in the past. I am nothing like that any more as I learned so much over the past decade or so.
    Maybe if they hadn't just described themselves as 'long time left-leaning.' That implies they haven't changed and misrepresents their past. Or if they hadn't qualified it with "are not immune to change in the most general definition of the word."
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    You've shown a lot of support in your past posts for a political party that is constantly trying to own the libs which sows division. With Republicans constantly trying to own the libs, I don't see how there can be much common ground anymore. Also I've never mentioned anything about political segregation in my replies to you, so maybe you're getting me confused with someone else.
    We could spend days discussing all the rotten apples inside the Republican party. I just try to find common ground in all things in life. Conflict is avoidable most of the time.
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

Left-Libertarian most of my life. I'm an atheist and I support abortion.
    No you aren't. You are on record being a pro-lifer and opposing gay rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post

I knew I recognized the guy he conveniently changed his avatar to when he started posting this crap in this thread, but google images was giving me no joy:

Exclusively done to take the piss out of people on social media who are upset that women's rights were being destroyed.

Can we be finished responding to the shithead in anything approaching good faith yet?

We could spend days discussing all the rotten apples inside the Republican party. I just try to find common ground in all things in life. Conflict is avoidable most of the time.
    You mean the Republican Party you support, and when you cheered Trump as the most-honest President in history?

Just stop.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2022-06-28 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    "I know a zealous minority in our country just decided to unilaterally decide that women don't have federally protected bodily autonomy and have openly telegraphed their desires to go after Gay Marriage and Birth control, but I feel like both sides should come together and find some common ground "

Lmao fuck that noise. Playing nice with these dipshits is what got us in this mess.
    While you worded it pretty harshly, I wholeheartedly agree that there should be some kind of federal protection law for abortion. Not necessarily that it should supersede 100% the states autonomy. I'm a libertarian at heart. Too much federal control was never my cup of tea.

While you worded it pretty harshly, I wholeheartedly agree that there should be some kind of federal protection law for abortion. Not necessarily that it should supersede 100% the states autonomy. I'm a libertarian at heart. Too much federal control was never my cup of tea.
    Odd, considering I provided evidence of you saying exactly the opposite.

You mean the Repu license Party you support, and when you cheered Trump as the most-honest President in history?

Just stop.
    I do not see political parties the same way as I do my favorite football team. It's never as simple as that. There are just as much rot inside the Democratic party as the Republican party.

Which is why building on common ground is of utmost importance for the unity of this country.

- - - Updated - - -

Odd, considering I provided evidence of you saying exactly the opposite.
    Do you disagree with my statements? I'm sure we can find at least a few common points to build upon

I smell a Dribbles alt...

I do not see political parties the same way as I do my favorite football team. It's never as simple as that. There are just as much rot inside the Democratic party as the Republican party.

Which is why building on common ground is of utmost importance for the unity of this country.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you disagree with my statements? I'm sure we can find at least a few common points to build upon
    I'm proving you to be completely disingenuous.

So, are we we supposed to find common ground with a proven liar who was caught?

Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I do not believe it is in the nation's best interest to revisit those laws. For they have proven to be, for the most part, incredibly consistent.

10+ Year Old Account
    America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand.
    No, America was founded on slavery and bitching about tax allocations.

Stop pushing propaganda, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    No, America was founded on slavery and bitching about tax allocations.

Stop pushing propaganda, dude.
    I do not deny those were problems but they were overcome. I do love America more than any other country in this world. For this reason, I insist on the right to criticize it.

So should everyone and it's not my intention to make it seem like you shouldn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    You're not even American, and you think you have some special insight into the American people?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post46671292
    I live here now and I am a citizen.

He's pushing Truman, ffs. Can we stop taking him as though he's a serious poster yet?
    Dude, since when has that ever happened on here? I am quite literally known for telling people that to be ignored as they continued to feed them.

I mean I outright started trolling myself overtly and told them how to handle it and still got 2 pages.

You can troll here forever and so long as you aren’t overt to the point of outright admitting it and also giving them a flashlight and a map to handle the interaction they will continue.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Clarence Thomas wants to do anything he can to hurt the left because he says they made him feel miserable during his confirmation hearing. Meanwhile certain people believe we need to find common ground. How do you find common ground with someone whose solely fueled by vengeance and out to make the lives of millions of people miserable?

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas told his law clerks in the '90s that he wanted to serve for 43 years to make liberals' lives 'miserable'