Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    "Ulduar was in for longer than LFD, therefore Ulduar should be in at launch!"

Your logic is that we shouldn't have phases at all. It does nothing to further your specific argument for LFD.

And again, the idea that Blizzard should consider your wants as someone who just said they won't play until the last phase anyway over the wants of the core audience for classic that has been playing for years and paying the bills is delusional.
    That's their own fault because they've drug the release of the classic xpacs out for so damn long. I don't like Classic and the misery of trying to find groups in TBC ran me and my friends off. If they had released Wrath sooner without fucking it up I'd of been subbed a long time ago.

I'd be willing to bet they'd like my money more than yours as I'm ok with paying a separate $15 for Classic/xpacs and Retail. Hell if they did the xpacs right and kept going past Wrath and left them open I'd of even been willing to pay $15 a month for each one I wanted to play (Wrath/Cata/MoP) to help support the costs and keep those servers active instead of leaching off a retail sub like it works now.

Quote Originally Posted by yeetcannon View Post
    That's their own fault because they've drug the release of the classic xpacs out for so damn long. I don't like Classic and the misery of trying to find groups in TBC ran me and my friends off. If they had released Wrath sooner without fucking it up I'd of been subbed a long time ago.

I'd be willing to bet they'd like my money more than yours as I'm ok with paying a separate $15 for Classic/xpacs and Retail. Hell if they did the xpacs right and kept going past Wrath and left them open I'd of even been willing to pay $15 a month for each one I wanted to play (Wrath/Cata/MoP) to help support the costs and keep those servers active instead of leaching off a retail sub like it works now.
    The pace has been very proper. Rushing the content would be far worse. We are looking at about 3 years to get to Wrath. That is perfectly fine.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I think its perfectly reasonable to say either of the following:

1. I want LFD from day 1 because I prefer having automated tools.
    2. I want LFD in 3.3 because it was there originally.

The problem is people are presenting this really jumbled, contradictory amalgamation of arguments because they don't want to admit that their real argument is just #1 for some reason.
    The reason why some arguments seems jumbled or contradictory is because both points are true for some of us. We don't care if 1 or 2 happens just so long as one of them does because either is acceptable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Yeah no you're full of shit. Dungeons being boring was actually the single biggest criticism leveled toward WotLK. There is nothing fun facerolling the keyboard and everything falling down.
    The Occulus was despised because people wanted to play their class and not a gimmicky vehicle alternative gameplay, but that's nothing to do with faceroll.
    Okay, tell me how I felt back in WotLK when running dungeons. I'm sure you know me more than I know myself, especially when it comes to how I felt when tanking dungeons back in WotLK. /s

I didn't say the dungeons were something that everyone enjoyed, part of my point was that their short nature meant they were more tolerable for people who didn't enjoy the faceroll part of the experience. If people wanted challenges, the achievements were there for that purpose. I regularly started runs by asking if anyone needed any achievements, and doing them if they wanted to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is rdf gone? What about daily 2x EoFs?

Reading about more of the changes, seems they are pulling more ideas from retail (some kinda dungeon scaling?) an a few others, I have not played retail in a long time but from the forums sounds like they are bringing over it's LFG tool (which a lot seem to think is useless?) either way not sure where their logic is, I'm sure a lot of people wanted to play Wrath because retail is utter garbage (myself included) and yet they want to borrow ideas from that POS? (are the people in charge there really that stupid?)

wasn't it the head buffoon that said if you want RDF or something play retail, then proceeds to make LK Classic more like retail?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    You are clearly lost. There is no classic "core". Most who are interested in classic wrath are against those braid dead changes like complete removal of LFD.
    not true. im part of the classic community core and my whole guild is all aboard for not having LFD. wrath didnt have it for most of the expansion anyway. we will try out the lfd tool. most of the people that want the rdf tool are the same people that have a tank spamming sales of fast dungeon runs over and over again as a way to make gold. so yeah im good with not doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Okay, tell me how I felt back in WotLK when running dungeons. I'm sure you know me more than I know myself, especially when it comes to how I felt when tanking dungeons back in WotLK. /s

I didn't say the dungeons were something that everyone enjoyed, part of my point was that their short nature meant they were more tolerable for people who didn't enjoy the faceroll part of the experience. If people wanted challenges, the achievements were there for that purpose. I regularly started runs by asking if anyone needed any achievements, and doing them if they wanted to.
    im actually looking foreward to that. my little guild has four 5 man groups waiting to go from the door to just kick back and chill going into old dungeons to get the new acheievements . we also have 4 groups that are just gonna spend a few days getting everyone in teh guild teh old jenkins title. silly shit like that is fun and gives a lot todo in the game as long as you look at it as a game and not a job you have to progress into.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    Is rdf gone? What about daily 2x EoFs?
    im sure there will be another way to get them. maybe forst dungeon you run per day just gets them for you. or they may add them as extra drops from the ICC 5 mans in some form. there is plenty of time to get to that point. EoF was last tier of the xpac so they have more than enough time to figure out a system.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

I'm really looking forward to playing wotlk in dragonflight time walking!

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I'm baffled by the fact that i'm the person defending Blizzard but: What's being "redesigned" here? Besides the removal of DF.
    Sorry what's DF?

Quote Originally Posted by relaxok View Post
    Sorry what's DF?
    Dungeonfinder.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by relaxok View Post
    Sorry what's DF?
    It must be dragon finder or dungeon flight!

oh boy...the classic andies who run away from any form of challenge like its the black plague are not very happy about this one

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    Blizz: hey guys we know wotlk was the best expansion we have ever made, we know everyone loved it and all its features, so we have decided to try to ruin that experience as best as we can so no one wants to come play it again, see you on the other side.

Wtf are they even doing , the only thing I would be coming back for because the new expansion is complete dog shit with only a range class to choose from and a worse pathfinder to get flying like getting flying xp, and they go ahead and ruin wotlk as well. What are they doing at blizzard besides snorting coke and sexually harassing people.

Anyone happy with these changes didn't like woltk in the first place, blizz can go get fucked by a horse.
    how is not making naxx 80 easier than naxx 60 a bad thing?how is them reducing the number of different badge types bad?how is them not making you farm 4 different trial raids a week bad?how is them making heroics not feel like an auto battle mobile game bad?
    Last edited by deenman; 2022-06-27 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    oh boy...the classic andies who run away from any form of challenge like its the black plague are not very happy about this one

- - - Updated - - -

how is not making naxx 80 easier than naxx 60 a bad thing?how is them reducing the number of different badge types bad?how is them not making you farm 4 different trial raids a week bad?how is them making heroics not feel like an auto battle mobile game bad?
    Maybe because there are a number of people that wanted to play LK just like it was, and not have the crap design team blizzard has now mess with it.
    (they screwed up retail now they want to see how bad they can F up the old game designs.)
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-06-28 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Maybe because there are a number of people that wanted to play LK just like it was, and not have the crap design team blizzard has now mess with it.
    (they screwed up retail now they want to see how bad they can F up the old game designs.)
    they cant play lk like it was,people are much better today,so...ironicaly...by making this change,the game will feel more like it did back then

they cant play lk like it was,people are much better today,so...ironicaly...by making this change,the game will feel more like it did back then
    I wanted the game to be just like it was back then, not others crappy vision of what they think it should have been back then..., and if they didn't screw with it I could have played it just like I did back then if I wanted to. (I don't want others "feels" I want it to be a museum of what it was).

I wanted the game to be just like it was back then, not others crappy vision of what they think it should have been back then..., and if they didn't screw with it I could have played it just like I did back then if I wanted to. (I don't want others "feels" I want it to be a museum of what it was).
    are you still as bad as you were in wrath?if not,than depending on how much they buff naxx,the raid will feel more like it did back then,how is this complicated?

are you still as bad as you were in wrath?if not,than depending on how much they buff naxx,the raid will feel more like it did back then,how is this complicated?
    not sure I have not played since WOD for any amount of time, the game design since then has sucked and not worth the sub, that's why I want them to leave their bad design ideas out of LK so I can play a good game again.

not sure I have not played since WOD for any amount of time, the game design since then has sucked and not worth the sub, that's why I want them to leave their bad design ideas out of LK so I can play a good game again.
    why do you consider a braindead difficulty ''good game'' and dont even try an apeal to popularity

why do you consider a braindead difficulty ''good game'' and dont even try an apeal to popularity
    Difficulty does not always = or =/= a good game (is retail easy or Difficult, not a clue personally but I do know it's not fun and not worth playing so I'd rather just have LK as LK was) and so far they have proven to me they can't make a good\fun game anymore which is why I'd rather them not screw up LK.

I don't give too flips if it's Souls hard or mindless as long as it's fun.

*good thing you don't run a business in the end appealing to popularity is better money. (I'd rather bank on a popular game that was labeled brain - dead over a challenging game no one wants to play), and it's just not Naxx they are putting their crappy stamp on, sounds like a copy of the M+ LFG in and deleting RDF, going to mess with dungeons and do some kind of scaling plus other things to kill boosting (other than just nerfing XP but how classes work, so ya its a death by 1000 cuts type thing)
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-06-28 at 05:36 PM.

Difficulty does not always = or =/= a good game (is retail easy or Difficult, not a clue personally but I do know it's not fun and not worth playing so I'd rather just have LK as LK was) and so far they have proven to me they can't make a good\fun game anymore which is why I'd rather them not screw up LK.

I don't give too flips if it's Souls hard or mindless as long as it's fun.

*good thing you don't run a business in the end appealing to popularity is better money. (I'd rather bank on a popular game that was labeled brain - dead over a challenging game no one wants to play), and it's just not Naxx they are putting their crappy stamp on, sounds like a copy of the M+ LFG in and deleting RDF, going to mess with dungeons and do some kind of scaling plus other things to kill boosting (other than just nerfing XP but how classes work, so ya its a death by 1000 cuts type thing)
    you...dont know how retail difficulty is but you know its not fun? /facepalm....well...good thing the devs arent listening to you