Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    As I've said several times, if you took a living, post-birth baby, which is absolutely, definitively, 100% a "person" and fully possessing all the rights and freedoms of any human being, and re-inserted it into a woman's uterus and hooked it back up to everything, that woman should 100% always have the right to say "what the fuck? No! Get it out of me! I do not want this!"

Even if the baby would die.

Fetal personhood is irrelevant. It's a distraction pushed by religious extremists trying to make an emotional argument that skips right past their dehumanization of women.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you're telling women how they can or cannot dress.

It's exactly the same attitude as those who'd force a woman to wear a burqa. Literally, the same misogyny and intolerance and hatred. You and they are exactly alike.
    Nope, because I apply the same reasoning to men. No religious clothes (unless you are an imam, priest, etc...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    It is not islamophobia, it is putting religion in its place, in the private circle. You can wear a burkini in your bathroom if you want. Same for Hijab. Would be the same if some Christian wore religious clothes.
    So people are also not allowed to wear a cross around their neck either? Or jewish people wearing a Yamaka? Or Indian folk wearing turbans? And so on.

What is the reason that you believe a muslim person should not wear something that they religion requests that they wear?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

It is not islamophobia, it is putting religion in its place, in the private circle. You can wear a burkini in your bathroom if you want. Same for Hijab. Would be the same if some Christian wore religious clothes.
    ....have you seen nuns?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    So people are also not allowed to wear a cross around their neck either? Or jewish people wearing a Yamaka? Or Indian folk wearing turbans? And so on.

What is the reason that you believe a muslim person should not wear something that they religion requests that they wear?
    Do you still swear on the bible in the US ? And do you still have "IN god we trust" on $$ ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, because I apply the same reasoning to men. No religious clothes (unless you are an imam, priest, etc...)
    And this is a lie. Religious garb's all over the place throughout Europe. Even aside from the actual religious figures (I saw far more priests, nuns, and robed monks in Europe than I ever had in North America), there's plenty of groups like Orthodox Jews who wear their garb publicly. And the baseline presumption of what proper clothing is derives fundamentally and directly from Christian garb.

You just don't see it as "Christian" because to you, that's just "clothes". And it's the same for Muslims. What you're describing as "religious garb" generally isn't a religious mandate, it's just a cultural preference. And you want to force them to disrobe, which is just naked intolerance and hatred, and serves absolutely no function other than as a form of cultural genocide.

It isn't defensible. It's just abusive and hateful. There is no possible gain from this.

5+ Year Old Account
    Let's get back on topic.

Additionally, please use your own thoughts/words. Repeatedly quoting politicians as a form of reply instead of actually engaging is borderline RP. Larping in the thread isn't appropriate.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you still swear on the bible in the US ? And do you still have "IN god we trust" on $$ ?
    Irrelevant to my question.

To be kind, i'll answer it. Yeah, we do still have those things. and as an atheist I wish I wasn't forced to swear on a book that I personally believe is a work of fiction.

But this is apples to oranges. Religious people are free to practice their religion. Where as you seem to feel differently. And i'm trying to have you explain why.

It's good to see that protests weren't very prevalent after this decision by the SCOTUS. In regards to the future, it is my belief that society will be focused on the elections in November.

Regardless of the outcome, it is my sincere hope the nation can come together again. If not only to make Joe Biden's promise about unity come true.
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

End of quote. Repeat the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And this is a lie. Religious garb's all over the place throughout Europe. Even aside from the actual religious figures (I saw far more priests, nuns, and robed monks in Europe than I ever had in North America), there's plenty of groups like Orthodox Jews who wear their garb publicly. And the baseline presumption of what proper clothing is derives fundamentally and directly from Christian garb.

You just don't see it as "Christian" because to you, that's just "clothes". And it's the same for Muslims. What you're describing as "religious garb" generally isn't a religious mandate, it's just a cultural preference. And you want to force them to disrobe, which is just naked intolerance and hatred, and serves absolutely no function other than as a form of cultural genocide.

It isn't defensible. It's just abusive and hateful. There is no possible gain from this.
    Use more hyperbole please, you are hilarious, and really pitiful. Also, as I said, religion people (nuns, priest, imam, etc...) are allowed because they are religion people. You do realize that in public school in France, no religious sign is authorized. Gnaw on that.

End of derail.
    Last edited by Specialka; 2022-06-28 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    It's good to see that protests weren't very prevalent after this decision by the SCOTUS. In regards to the future, it is my belief that society will be focused on the elections in November.

Regardless of the outcome, it is my sincere hope the nation can come together again. If not only to make Joe Biden's promise about unity come true.
    Unity is dead. Unity was never coming back. North should've dared the South to try and rise up again in 1877 and they should've sent Sherman back down there to show them another lesson. Had that happened we'd have a unified country. But nah the rural populations are hell bent on wiping their urban populations out.

As I said: Time to start looking into retiring to Canada or Ireland.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Dude, since when has that ever happened on here? I am quite literally known for telling people that to be ignored as they continued to feed them.

I mean I outright started trolling myself overtly and told them how to handle it and still got 2 pages.

You can troll here forever and so long as you aren’t overt to the point of outright admitting it and also giving them a flashlight and a map to handle the interaction they will continue.
    That’s not what you are known for. lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Quote Originally Posted by Miffinat0r View Post
    Unity is dead. Unity was never coming back. North should've dared the South to try and rise up again in 1877 and they should've sent Sherman back down there to show them another lesson. Had that happened we'd have a unified country. But nah the rural populations are hell bent on wiping their urban populations out.

As I said: Time to start looking into retiring to Canada or Ireland.
    I refrain from dividing the country into geo-political spheres. It hurts the nation more than some realise. I'd wager everyone would be happier in the United States, rather than the State of X Y or Z.

There's always room for compromise on some issues and this is where I believe the political spheres should be focusing on. There is time to iron-out the specifics as long as there is good will on both sides.

As Henry Ford once said:

"Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success."
    Last edited by tikcol; 2022-06-28 at 05:05 PM.
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    That’s not what you are known for. lol.
    Known for telling you to stop feeding the pigeons, definitely known for that.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account

Nah, the republicans in office have made damn sure over the passed few years that unity is never going to happen. And decisions to erode people's personal rights solidify that.

Next step. War.

Nah, the republicans in office have made damn sure over the passed few years that unity is never going to happen. And decisions to erode people's personal rights solidify that.

Next step. War.
    How would a war fix a lack of unity? That's usually called subjugation. Terribly inappropriate solution if you ask me.

Who would fight who? For what? Until when?

Dialogue is my wager. Communication.

I refrain from dividing the country into geo-political spheres. It hurts the nation more than some realise. I'd wager everyone would be happier in the United States, rather than the State of X Y or Z.

There's always room for compromise on some issues and this is where I believe the political spheres should be focusing on. There is time to iron-out the specifics as long as there is good will on both sides.

As Henry Ford once said:

"Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success."
    Just need the Christian types to stop forcing their belief system on everyone else and we would be golden, keep it private and personal etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Known for telling you to stop feeding the pigeons, definitely known for that.
    Yeah, derailing threads with moderation discussion. That’s correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

10+ Year Old Account
    How would a war fix a lack of unity? That's usually called subjugation. Terribly inappropriate solution if you ask me.

War is certainly about subjugation. The goal would be to rid our country of regressive fools who want to hold back progress.

Voting isn't working. Talking isn't working. Protest isn't working. Eventually, enough will be enough, and it will result in dire action. There are plenty of conservatives in this country that would froth at the mouth if given the green light to head hunt liberals to rid the land of their ideals. And year after year, i'm seeing more and more liberals licensing up for their own guns in anticipation. There will come a time where things get ugly.

This all stems from the fact that the South was not punished hard enough after the civil war. Their leaders should've hanged, and the families of those who fought should've had their voting rights stripped for a generation or two.

Clearly as evidenced during that time the immaculate system the founders created did not come up with a solution for Slavery.

It's pretty clear that a sizable chunk of this country wants to shove it's religious beliefs down everyone's throat.

Christian Nationalism is on the rise and the US will soon have a lot of laws based on Christianity. It's pretty clear to see that's how the reps of the US South want this to turn out.

War is certainly about subjugation. The goal would be to rid our country of regressive fools who want to hold back progress.

Voting isn't working. Talking isn't working. Protest isn't working. Eventually, enough will be enough, and it will result in dire action. There are plenty of conservatives in this country that would froth at the mouth if given the green light to head hunt liberals to rid the land of their ideals. And year after year, i'm seeing more and more liberals licensing up for their own guns in anticipation. There will come a time where things get ugly.
    That sounds incredibly dangerous. How would such a war be fought in 2022+ within the country with the biggest military might? How would our geo political rivals respond to such an event? The damages would be immeasurable.

Dialogue within a democracy is always the strongest weapon.