Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

In-Game Quest Helper removed from WOTLK Classic

https://gamerant.com/world-of-warcra...ld-school-mmo/

"Other features added in Wrath of the Lich King’s development, like quest waypoint integration in maps, will be cut to preserve the Classic experience."

oh yes, that Classic experience of downloading Questie
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    https://gamerant.com/world-of-warcra...ld-school-mmo/

"Other features added in Wrath of the Lich King’s development, like quest waypoint integration in maps, will be cut to preserve the Classic experience."

oh yes, that Classic experience of downloading Questie
    Unironically, downloading a quest helper is the true LK experience since the integrated one was not in until later on.

Don't really get what the big deal is, if they feel that some people might get a better experience with it cut out for good the so be it. Just get Questie ... it looks better and has more features anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Unironically, downloading a quest helper is the true LK experience since the integrated one was not in until later on.

Don't really get what the big deal is, if they feel that some people might get a better experience with it cut out for good the so be it. Just get Questie ... it looks better and has more features anyway.
    Yep. People being enraged just for the sake of it. The people crying about it would use questie regardless if this was removed or not.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post

It was added in wotlk homie.

I don’t really care as I’ll just download the addon but I think it’s fairly clear what’s going on here….

Blizzard is putting in the least amount of work as possible as they can.

Silly decision but whatever, would rather give people the option to just toggle the ingame questhelper than argue "if you want it, download an addon".

10+ Year Old Account
    Was there a quest helper addon back during WotLK? I didn't actually use a quest helper addon à la Questie until WoW Classic and TBC Classic.

There only doing this because they know questie exists and it saves them dev time.

Meanwhile blizzard does fuck-all to address the krux of the problem.

Out of touch.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Was there a quest helper addon back during WotLK? I didn't actually use a quest helper addon à la Questie until WoW Classic and TBC Classic.
    Yes, there were multiple. TomTom, Cartographer, QuestHelper just off of memory.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    There was, and ironically you actually hit the nail on the head with the name. It used to just be called "Quest Helper".

It's a stupid decision, but in the end all that changes is that i wont erase Questie when WotLk comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Woods123 View Post

I don’t really care as I’ll just download the addon but I think it’s fairly clear what’s going on here….

How are they putting in the "least amount of work" when they're literally having to REMOVE features from 3.3.5 in order to make this version of the game?

That makes absolutely zero sense.
    If they released Wrath WITH the quest helper feature, then that would literally be less work for them to do because that feature is already in the base version of the patch that they're releasing. I don't understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MuH sTaTe LiNeS View Post
    There only doing this because they know questie exists and it saves them dev time.
    Saves them dev time on what? They are REMOVING a feature already in the version of the game. It would literally be less work to just leave it in.

Seriously, people complain about some of the dumbest things. I understand if you aren't a fan of the changes, but you can't use just blatantly false statements like "It's saving them dev time so they can be lazy" when that's the exact opposite of what is happening. They're spending dev time removing stuff already in 3.3.5

This sucks. Blizzard is clueless idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    How are they putting in the "least amount of work" when they're literally having to REMOVE features from 3.3.5 in order to make this version of the game?

If they released Wrath WITH the quest helper feature, then that would literally be less work for them to do because that feature is already in the base version of the patch that they're releasing. I don't understand.
    Well I mean at least you got one thing right, you don’t understand.

They don’t just copy and paste 3.3.5 into the classic client and go “there we go it’s all done”.

They actually have to go in and add every bit of data and align it with the new engine. They don’t have to “add in 3.3.5” and then go into it and specifically remove all the feature that were online in 3.3.5 like LFD and quest helpers. They just don’t fucking add them at all, saving work and time.

Doubt that it is that. Classic is based upon the Shadowlands client. Up until now they spent their time disabling it. If they did it right it should be just a configuration value to have it or not.

I honestly don't care if its in classic or not, what ever they do I'm good with it. Up till now 99% of players used questi. I don't recall ever doing a quest with some where the completion message was not send from the addon.

Well I mean at least you got one thing right, you don’t understand.

They don’t just copy and paste 3.3.5 into the classic client and go “there we go it’s all done”.

They actually have to go in and add every bit of data and align it with the new engine. They don’t have to “add in 3.3.5” and then go into it and specifically remove all the feature that were online in 3.3.5 like LFD and quest helpers. They just don’t fucking add them at all, saving work and time.
    Yes, I understand that they have to make sure it all lines up correctly, but they can't just go "Oh, we just didn't put that bit in there. I'm sure that will just work with no other alterations."

I also don't know how radically different things are considering all of the Wrath content currently functions within the new engine of the game anyway. I'd say that the things most likely to be broken would be data regarding old spells and class mechanics that were changed. Doubt that the stuff like questing UI and LFD would need to be altered significantly.

I really don't get how can people cry about that : it allow for both the crowd that want a quest helper and the crowd that don't to have what they want (the first one with just a quick add-on install), it's a win-win situation (and one that respect the "no-change" policie).

wrath classic isnt original wrath,its working on a different engine with a bunch of changes,who knows how many bugs poped up for them,by removing it they no longer have to deal with any of those issues,and the chumps will develop addons for free anyways,and better than anything blizz could do by a large degree

Yes, I understand that they have to make sure it all lines up correctly, but they can't just go "Oh, we just didn't put that bit in there. I'm sure that will just work with no other alterations."

I also don't know how radically different things are considering all of the Wrath content currently functions within the new engine of the game anyway. I'd say that the things most likely to be broken would be data regarding old spells and class mechanics that were changed. Doubt that the stuff like questing UI and LFD would need to be altered significantly.
    This post is so painful to read and even humor that you know what you’re talking about lol. Im not responding to this nonsense

Saves them dev time on what? They are REMOVING a feature already in the version of the game. It would literally be less work to just leave it in.

Seriously, people complain about some of the dumbest things. I understand if you aren't a fan of the changes, but you can't use just blatantly false statements like "It's saving them dev time so they can be lazy" when that's the exact opposite of what is happening. They're spending dev time removing stuff already in 3.3.5
    Just because theyre cutting a feature doesnt mean it was implemented or working. This isn't a copy of the wotlk client we're going to be playing on. It's a version of legion or bfa(i forget which) with alterations to it for classic wow to run on it.