Jurassic World Evolution 2 is pretty awesome... it's Sim City with a Jurassic World theme. I will caution you that it can start to feel tedious and by the time you 100% most of the wonder is gone. I bought it a full price and have not regretted it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodreh View Post
    Jurassic World Evolution 2 is pretty awesome... it's Sim City with a Jurassic World theme. I will caution you that it can start to feel tedious and by the time you 100% most of the wonder is gone. I bought it a full price and have not regretted it.
    I absolutely loved the Ps2 one, Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis. I also 5-starred every Island on the first of these new ones, Jurassic World Evolution. Did they really improve upon it with 2 that much?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    I absolutely loved the Ps2 one, Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis. I also 5-starred every Island on the first of these new ones, Jurassic World Evolution. Did they really improve upon it with 2 that much?
    They changed some things around... I feel there is a bit more micro-management in 2... which can lead to the tediousness I mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Anyone found some gems this steam sale so far?
    It's actually been great timing for me, because I'm in the process of getting away from MMOs right now and looking for new things to play. So I'll grab a bunch during the sale which will last me a good long while.

So far I've picked up Solasta and I'm loving it. Probably going to get Pathfinder: Kingmaker next, it looks really fun. The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk and Wildermyth are two I'm also considering.

Outside of that style of RPG, I'm thinking about Horizon Zero Dawn and Cyberpunk 2077. Both of these, though, I have to really think about because as I've aged my ability to fight bosses in a 3D environment has degraded. That's part of why I love the isometric turn-based games so much, I can plan and don't need twitchy reflexes.

At some point during the next week I may try to dive deep into Steam's catalog and see if there's some things I would have never considered that look interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Jurassic World Evolution 2 for 30
    I've been debating on this one awhile too as I have the first one. Though I wouldn't buy it for $30. I have it on my wishlist and I get notifications from "isthereanydeal" all the time of how its on sale for $24.99 / $25.99 all the time. So I'd probably wait and get it a little cheaper.

That or hope for a HB bundle at some point like how there was for the first one.

I don't know about gems but I picked up Titanfall 2 for $4.99 and FF12 for $29.99 (I don't see it ever going below that based on how the others sell and their sale price). Just finished the campaign on TF2 and it was pretty decent. FF12 I played on the PS2 back in the day but never finished it. Other than that just some DLC's for games I was missing. Need to see if there is anything else that is interesting to get. I have several on my wishlist just not sure if I'm that interested in them.

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    Outside of that style of RPG, I'm thinking about Horizon Zero Dawn and Cyberpunk 2077. Both of these, though, I have to really think about because as I've aged my ability to fight bosses in a 3D environment has degraded. That's part of why I love the isometric turn-based games so much, I can plan and don't need twitchy reflexes.

At some point during the next week I may try to dive deep into Steam's catalog and see if there's some things I would have never considered that look interesting.
    As someone who's realizing that I get slower and slower in video games, and always having preferred slower, tactical, turn-based games anyway, I can still only recommend Horizon: Zero Dawn. Great game with a great story, and the combat was ok (even though as said not up my alley). And it's always possible to play on one of the lower difficulties if it gets too tedious.

@ the sale: I'm still thinking about some stuff, but because I was traveling I didn't have time to check in detail, yet. Some offers seem quite nice though on first look - e.g. I saw some of the Tales game(s) 85% reduced, always wanted to check one of those out.

10+ Year Old Account
    These should be insta-buys for me. Some I already have, bold ones I will be buying this time round.

Disco Elysium: The Final Cut 13,99€
    Hollow Knight 7,49€
    Pathologic 2 11,99€
    Outer Wilds Archaeologist Edition 19,79€
    Resident Evil 4 4,99€
    Mass Effect Legendary Edition 24,59€
    DOOM Eternal Deluxe Edition 27,99€
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition 17,99€
    INSIDE + LIMBO BUNDLE 6,73€
    BioShock™ Remastered 3,99€
    METAL GEAR SOLID V: The Definitive Experience 7,49€
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2,86€
    Devil May Cry 5 + Vergil 9,89€
    Yakuza 0 4,99€
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2022-07-02 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    METAL GEAR SOLID V: The Definitive Experience 7,49€
    This one I wishlisted awhile back for some reason. Thought about getting it now, but not sure how well it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started up Outer Wilds, and just a few hours later I can conclude that this game is legit one of the greatest I've ever played. If you were on the fence about it, but you wishlisted it because you heard great things, plus you want to satiate that exploration angle, I guarantee you this is a must play and a one of a kind experience. Now is the time to get it.

Its closest cousin might be Subnautica. Both do themes of exploration excellently, but Outer Wilds just does it magnitutes better and adds a whole air of mystery and storytelling into the mix. There have been many occassions where I was left with my mouth open and my eyes watering, filled with wonder and awe.

I've only fully explored Giant's Deep so far, but it blew my fucking mind. When I figured out the jellyfish thing or the quantum stones place, I was smirking like a madman for 5 minutes straight. The puzzles are definitely on point.

Don't know about the DLC yet, I heard good things and that it's an excellent addition to the base game, but also that it's not up to par because it focuses more on your fear of the unknown than a sense of wonder which is what makes the base game so good.

If you still aren't sold, this video will do it. I implore you to not watch it because it's best to go in completely blind.

Last edited by hellhamster; 2022-07-03 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    This one I wishlisted awhile back for some reason. Thought about getting it now, but not sure how well it is.
    A lot of people have issues with MGS5 because of how things played out with Kojima. Long story short Konami kind of screwed him over, took out some end game stuff that was part of his vision, etc. I still personally loved the game and can definitely recommend picking it up on sale. I've always been a fan of the series though. Quiet best character ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Started up Outer Wilds, and just a few hours later I can conclude that this game is legit one of the greatest I've ever played. If you were on the fence about it, but you wishlisted it because you heard great things, plus you want to satiate that exploration angle, I guarantee you this is a must play and a one of a kind experience. Now is the time to get it.

Its closest cousin might be Subnautica. Both do themes of exploration excellently, but Outer Wilds just does it magnitutes better and adds a whole air of mystery and storytelling into the mix. There have been many occassions where I was left with my mouth open and my eyes watering, filled with wonder and awe.

I've only fully explored Giant's Deep so far, but it blew my fucking mind. When I figured out the jellyfish thing or the quantum stones place, I was smirking like a madman for 5 minutes straight. The puzzles are definitely on point.

Don't know about the DLC yet, I heard good things and that it's an excellent addition to the base game, but also that it's not up to par because it focuses more on your fear of the unknown than a sense of wonder which is what makes the base game so good.

If you still aren't sold, this video will do it. I implore you to not watch it because it's best to go in completely blind.

I just started this game and have been loving it. Xbox says I've played 2 days 13 hours and I installed it on the 28th which seems way too high but I think I left it running overnight once or twice.. It's pretty overwhelming with all the things to do though. I'm starting to put it together though. Definitely recommend it!

Signature Created by Jassinta

Good thing the sale extends until the 7th, we can see what HBC drops first ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Another Pick your own $1 bundle, got a wishlist item for a buck https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-an...endence-bundle

https://www.humblebundle.com/membership/july-2022

This month is INSANE!

- Deep Rock Galactic + 65% off some DLC coupon
    - Necromunda: Hired Gun
    - Legion td 2 - multiplayer tower defense.
    - Legend of keepers
    - Lawn mowing simulator
    - Banners of ruin
    - Yes, your grace
    - Atom rpg trudograd

65% off some DLC coupon
    From what it says it should be all and not just some.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Another Pick your own $1 bundle, got a wishlist item for a buck https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-an...endence-bundle
    Damn, this is an amazing bundle. Two items from my wishlist in there, and some others which seem interesting. Can't decide on the fifth game, though, to fill it up - either Moon Hunters, Syberia (already have 1 and 2, so it would be for the third) or Dumpy & Bumpy.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/o...k?partner=rrvs
    Something for the kids

and a good bundle on Indiegala, yes, i was surprised too
    https://www.indiegala.com/store/game...paradox_bundle
    Last edited by bbr; 2022-07-16 at 06:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

A Plague Tale: Innocence
    Emily is Away <3
    Gas Station Simulator
    HOT WHEELS UNLEASHED™
    In Sound Mind
    Mind Scanners
    Omno
    The Ascent

https://www.humblebundle.com/subscription/august-2022

https://www.gog.com/partner/free_games

Looks like 76 free games on GoG at the moment. Some have been available in the past so you can just go down the list hitting add to the ones you need/want. There was about 12 that I didn't already have.

1. A Space For The Unbound - Prologue
    2. Against The Moon: Prologue
    3. Akalabeth: World of Doom
    4. Alder's Blood: Prologue
    5. Ascendant
    6. Backbone: Prologue in Collection
    7. Beneath a Steel Sky
    8. Bio Menace
    9. Blind Fate: Edo no Yami - Dojo
    10. BROK the InvestiGator - Prologue
    11. Builders of Egypt: Prologue
    12. CAYNE
    13. Dagon: by H. P. Lovecraft
    14. Delores: A Thimbleweed Park Mini-Adventure
    15. Doomdark's Revenge
    16. ELDER SCROLLS: ARENA, THE Free Games Collection
    17. Eschalon: Book I
    18. Fantasy General II: Prologue
    19. Farlanders: Prologue
    20. Flight of the Amazon Queen
    21. GWENT: THE WITCHER CARD GAME
    22. Hell Architect: Prologue
    23. Hello Neighbor Alpha Version
    24. Hellpoint: The Thespian Feast
    25. Higurashi When They Cry Hou - Ch.1 Onikakushi in Collection
    26. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number - Digital Comics
    27. Janosik
    28. Jill of the Jungle: The Complete Trilogy
    29. Lacuna: Prologue
    30. Legend of Keepers: Prologue
    31. Lords of Midnight, The
    32. Loria
    33. Lure of the Temptress
    34. MartialLaw
    35. Nomads of Driftland
    36. Norco Act One
    37. One Dreamer: Prologue
    38. OpenTTD
    39. Our Life: Beginnings & Always
    40. Overload Playable Teaser
    41. POSTAL: Classic and Uncut
    42. Quake II RTX
    43. Reverie Knights Tactics: Prologue
    44. Samorost 1
    45. Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves Includes Artwork + Avatars in Collection
    46. Scrapnaut: Prologue
    47. Shadow Warrior Classic Complete
    48. Shores Unknown: Arrival
    49. Siege Survival: Gloria Victis Prologue
    50. Signs of the Sojourner: Prologue
    51. Sin Slayers: The First Sin
    52. Skald: Against the Black Priory - the Prologue
    53. Slender Threads: Prologue
    54. Song of Farca: Prologue
    55. Stargunner
    56. Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius in Collection
    57. Symphonia