10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/...s-devastating/

Damn, after today even Andy fuckin McCarthy over at National Review can't even, anymore.
    I wonder if there's internal movement within the GOP and their various mouthpieces to try and get as far the hell away from Trump as possible because they know this is looking real damn bad for him. They've still got two years to fluff up some scumbag like DeSantis who is both more articulate... and more controllable... than someone like Trump is, and they're eager for an excuse to get out from under Trump's fat orange ass so they can spread their little rat-wings once more.

If this does go to some sort of trial, and Trump gets dragged through the mud either by the prosecution and/or his own idiot mouth, the GOP can basically wash their hands of it and say "we had nothing to do with it! The democrats and their kangaroo court prevented Trump from running again! Here, show how much we hate them for persecuting sweet, innocent Trumpy by supporting our shiny new candidate, DeSantis!"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Damn, after today even Andy fuckin McCarthy over at National Review can't even, anymore.
    I glanced at the article, then looked down at the bottom, noticed they had comments. I started reading, and Jesus fucking Christ those morons still aren't believing it.

One of the first comments I see is, that they are still claiming the committee doesn't have credibility, even though all of the people testifying, are basically Republicans.
    Too bad the committee and its process are not as creditable as Ms. Hutchinson. It seems she testified to what she heard, not to the truth of what she heard. That is not hearsay, is it?
    Still not seeing it. Though I guess the answer will be ad hominem, rather than substantive.

Whether he was “grudging” about peaceful protests, he repeated that about six times in his speech and in tweets, including several before the riot began. Unless someone has concrete evidence of some sort of coded message that was pre planned between Trump & mob organizers, this testimony isn’t devastating, it’s more of the same.

As far as the “mags” that is only devastating to the absolute and irremediablemorons who assume that carrying weapons is prima facie evidence of intent to commit violence. But one must ask why none of these implicitly violent individuals, several of whom were in the capitol during the riot, didn’t use their weapons? No one was shot or stabbed or even beaten up very badly.

So nope, more nothing burger.

And no this has nothing to do with any Trump partisanship on my part – although things have definitely become more extreme as they always do when Democrats are in persecution mode, I extended the same level of defense to Bill Clinton after Monica Lewinsky, and Hillary Clinton regarding the “email scandal“ and even to Barack Obama over Benghazi.
    Here is another quote from a moron that is still harping Bill and Hillary Clinton over Monica Lewinsky and Barack Obama and Benghazi. Because 9 investigations into that wasn't enough.

I had a little hope with this next one though:
    I can only speak to his 1/6 speech, because I went through it and counted…”peaceful” once and “fight” or”fighting” 26 times.

He fed nine year olds a ton of sugar to wind them up and then pointed to a kid on the playground and said, “Johnny over there likes to kill puppies.” Some in the crowd took it from there.

I’m not saying it was a crime. I am saying it was pretty irresponsible.

No rioters used their guns, which is a good thing. If it was a Leftie demonstration guns would have come out. These rioters did, though, bear spray, punch, kick, beat, and crush the cops. It’s old news but wanted to mention it.
    Though what that guy said was that he thinks left wingers would have shot people and committed a terrorist attack, even though the majority of them have been committed by right wingers.

I am not surprised that people are lying to still defend Trump though, claiming the committee is corrupt still. Even though all of the people testifying are Republicans.

I wonder what our resident McCarthy readers will think of him more or less agreeing with what is shown here.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I wonder what our resident McCarthy readers will think of him more or less agreeing with what is shown here.
    If they are anything like the commentors on the article, they won't believe it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly have almost no faith in Garland. Honestly this last election I can honestly say I got as much as I expected from Biden, which was to right the ship. In however condition in my view he has done that. This country was never perfect, but at the very least it is about as well as can be expected after putting an utter fucking moronic white supremacist in the White House.

All that being said, the biggest bitch people I find having is that despite how incredibly FUCKED this country was with Trump, you have morons who really think that 1 election and the country was really going to completely unfuck itself, after all that has happened in the past.

People really forget, this hearing, this administration is just AN OPPROTUNITY, to try to right some wrongs and attempt to repair the massive amount of damage that has already been done, but instead you have far too many who wonder why is it magic hasn't happened.

And as many others more brilliant have stated, Trump was only PART of the problem or a symptom, these hearings are a prime example of that, even the people testifying now, THEY WENT ALONG WITH THIS BULLSHIT, please don't forget that when considering everything so far especially this last hearing.

We are at fucking War, hopefully better men step forward and justice can be done, otherwise, if it can't everyone better brace themselves for an escalation of what happened on January 6th.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2022-06-29 at 12:35 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Honestly have almost no faith in Garland. Honestly this last election I can honestly say I got as much as I expected from Biden, which was to right the ship. In however condition in my view he has done that. This country was never perfect, but at the very least it is about as well as can be expected after putting an utter fucking moronic white supremacist in the White House.

All that being said, the biggest bitch people I find having is that despite how incredibly FUCKED this country was with Trump, you have morons who really think that 1 election and the country was really going to completely unfuck itself, after all that has happened in the past.

People really forget, this hearing, this administration is just AN OPPROTUNITY, to try to right some wrongs and attempt to repair the massive amount of damage that has already been done, but instead you have far too many who wonder why is it magic hasn't happened.

And as many others more brilliant have stated, Trump was only PART of the problem or a symptom, these hearings are a prime example of that, even the people testifying now, THEY WENT ALONG WITH THIS BULLSHIT, please don't forget that when considering everything so far especially this last hearing.

We are at fucking War, hopefully better men step forward and justice can be done, otherwise, if it can't everyone better brace themselves for an escalation of what happened on January 6th.
    Additionally, these people have held seats of power longer than Trump's entire political career. They have been sowing these seeds for quite some time. It wasn't a case of Trump starting this, it was Trump finally being someone dumb enough to make enough mistakes for this to end up becoming public.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Additionally, these people have held seats of power longer than Trump's entire political career. They have been sowing these seeds for quite some time. It wasn't a case of Trump starting this, it was Trump finally being someone dumb enough to make enough mistakes for this to end up becoming public.
    Yeah, I think the worst is this idea or presumption of who knew, and at this point it should not only be about who knew, but also who should have known. People keeping their lips sealed until they got a subpoena are not heroes.

Seriously I am just as disturbed by Trump as I am the people who served his administration who knew all this shit at time.

Trump should have been in prison a long time ago and there should be a whole lot more going with him. This isn't just an insurrection this was treason.

This idiot had nuclear codes, he was making life or death decisions for millions of people everyday. There is a reasons we have a constitution, and amendments, along with a Legislative and Judicial Branch of government in concert with the Executive.

As far as I see every single one of these systems of checks and balances fucking failed. And as much as people are critical of the founding fathers etc, there is a real framework put in place to actually prevent all of the shit that has happened.

Nobody should be wrapping themselves in the flag or bible smug that there is any illusion they love or care about this country or anyone else.

"Ask not what your country can do for you" Indeed.

Which is why I said what I did, we are FUCKED, and it's going to take more than just Biden to fix it, people and individuals have to kick in better men of distinction and character need to come forward.

Leaders who aren't afraid of actually leading and are just as bold with the truth as the last idiot was with lies. Even if it means telling people shit they don't want to hear.

My biggest concern in all of this might be yet to come, I really want to know what the hell was going on with the Pentagon during this Coup, why were similar things happening there around the same time and leading up to January 6th and exactly how far were plans after storming the Capital were plans?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Give it to Flynn. He didn't want to incriminate himself on both of these questsions.
    The Fifth Amendment protects you from self-incrimination. Of the three questions you quoted, one was about morals, and morals are never illegal. One was about the peaceful transfer of power. And all three were about his opinions.

I get why he'd want to hide his opinions on the subject. I think we all do. He thinks what Trump did was correct and he supports it. He is afraid to say it in public.

But he took the Fifth, and was allowed to do so. Which means, that there was something he would have truthfully said, that would be evidence against a crime he committed.

The most obvious crime, given the context, is perjury. I think Flynn was involved in the murderous insurrection, I think he doesn't remember everything he said at the time (understandable), I think he believes he was recorded, and I think he's afraid to say something like "I believe in the peaceful transition of power" when he is paranoid he said, at the time, "we should have a murderous insurrection and a violent transition of power, please let me help because I jerk off to that shit" on tape.

Can anyone else think of an alternative? Something that would prevent known liar and retroactive foreign agent Flynn from expressing his opinions and morals, because if he said what they were, he could go to jail?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Guess who the poster is before clicking it
    I guessed wrong. I thought you meant one of the posters here, because it was so objectively false and trolling.

I don't know why I was surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess who the poster is before clicking it, see if you get it right lol There are sooo many options... but it isn't just a random Twitter user.

And in a follow up to Trump's... Truth? (Do they call them "Truths" on Truth Social?) Here is a nice little video of Trump's feed there where he's totally not worried, mad, or out of his mind.
    Jesus fuckin' Christ. You'd think they would understand that hearsay evidence is admitted all the damned time and is not weak evidence by nature.

If you have an eyewitness describe how the person accused of murdering his wife described to her, in detail, exactly how he killed her, exactly where he stabbed her, how many times, etc, that testimony is hearsay. Even though, because it lines up exactly with the actual wounds, it's incredibly damning and quite possibly enough to secure a conviction.

People, especially the Republican House Judiciary Committee, shouldn't be taking their legal instruction from fuckin' Law and Order TV shows. Next they'll bitch about evidence being "circumstantial", which similarly is not a statement that the evidence is weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess who the poster is before clicking it, see if you get it right lol There are sooo many options... but it isn't just a random Twitter user.

And in a follow up to Trump's... Truth? (Do they call them "Truths" on Truth Social?) Here is a nice little video of Trump's feed there where he's totally not worried, mad, or out of his mind.
    He has so much to say. Perhaps he should go in front of the committee and be examined.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/fox-n...b0d26a9b15f39f

"If I don't see it, it's not real."

Apparently Fox viewers are incredibly uninterested in the hearings. Which isn't surprising in the slightest.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Top Conservative Mind Ben Shapiro weighs in with the main reason Trump will not, cannot, be indicted for Seditious Conspiracy Charges:

He's too fucking stupid to plan anything ahead and is at the whim of impulsive decisions without any foresight, therefore he is mentally incapable of planning an insurrection.

I heavily paraphrased but that's pretty much the jist of it. This seems to fall in line with the idea that there's some 'internal memo' going around the Conservative Pundit sphere to backtrack the fuck away from Trump, while at the same time doing whatever they can to either keep the guy on 'their side' from being accountable for anything or just say whatever stupid bullshit comes to their heads to placate the dipshits who listen to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Top Conservative Mind Ben Shapiro weighs in with the main reason Trump will not, cannot, be indicted for Seditious Conspiracy Charges:

He's too fucking stupid to plan anything ahead and is at the whim of impulsive decisions without any foresight, therefore he is mentally incapable of planning an insurrection.

I heavily paraphrased but that's pretty much the jist of it. This seems to fall in line with the idea that there's some 'internal memo' going around the Conservative Pundit sphere to backtrack the fuck away from Trump, while at the same time doing whatever they can to either keep the guy on 'their side' from being accountable for anything or just say whatever stupid bullshit comes to their heads to placate the dipshits who listen to them.
    That's an argument that Trump wasn't the architect of the conspiracy.

Not that he was not involved with and aiding the conspiracy.

And regardless, it doesn't take big brain energy to say "I no like election results. Go overthrow process so I can stay Pressie Denty."

10+ Year Old Account
    Body Language Ghost has a few choice words to say about the Hutch...

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Body Language Ghost
    Literally who? And do people still take "body language analysis" seriously?

She was under oath, that's good enough for me. If she lied, she'll get charged.

But the extensive attempts to discredit her testimony are fun, folks seem terrified by what she said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Body Language
    Is pseudoscience.

You might as well try and assess her truthfulness based on the shape of her skull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...or-power-again

Even the conservative Washington Examiner can't defend Trump after Hutchinson's testimony.

Which, to pre-empt some bad-faith bullshit - https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/se...ed-hutchinson/

In sum, no, as of the morning of June 29, the Secret Service had not “officially debunked” Hutchinson’s testimony. While it’s certainly possible that people associated with the Secret Service might in the future call into question Hutchinson’s testimony while under oath, Adams’ tweet was posted in the early morning hours on the day following Hutchinson’s testimony. At that point, there was no direct evidence that the Secret Service had “officially debunked” anything.
    USSS has not officially denied the reports.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Body Language Ghost has a few choice words to say about the Hutch...

[youtube isn't a viable source]
    I'm sure no one is surprised to see you this kind of inherent drivel from a youtube channel no less. Like it starts out with the first two strikes against it as any kind of real source, and then just goes downhill from there.

But hey, you just keep being you. We love it.

I guess Cassidy had some interesting insight to the day of for the Jan 6 Committee. I am curious how it plays out.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...or-power-again

Even the conservative Washington Examiner can't defend Trump after Hutchinson's testimony.

Which, to pre-empt some bad-faith bullshit - https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/se...ed-hutchinson/

USSS has not officially denied the reports.
    Jesus, and that's the fucking Examiner reporting.