Page 80 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Yes I’m sure Disney worked with Nike to make the Air Force line of shoes
    It has nothing to do with shoes. It's an ad slogan we are talking here. It's on t-shirts. Stay on topic.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    It has nothing to do with shoes. It's an ad slogan we are talking here. It's on t-shirts. Stay on topic.
    It has every thing to do with shoes it’s an ad slogan for a line of shoes, the only one-off topic is you making up conspiracy theory’s about Disney teaming up with Nike for there shoe line.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has every thing to do with shoes it’s an ad slogan for a line of shoes, the only one-off topic is you making up conspiracy theory’s about Disney teaming up with Nike for there shoe line.
    I admit "it" was very vague but it meant "Disney".
    It doesn't matter what Nike was selling.
    We are talking about the slogan on a t-shirt of KK. She knows what "the force" is.
    The slogan itself doesn't even say anything about shoes. The shoes are Air Force, or maybe Navy, definitely not Army. But it's definitely Nike-y.
    That's clever cross advertisement. People who know it's Nike - will recognize it, star wars fans will also recognize it, especially on KK.
    And there's plenty of Star Wars specifically branded "The Force is Female" T-shirts on Etzy and Amazon, from China.
    That's Viral Marketing in a nutshell.

P.S. And what conspiracy? There's nothing conspirative about two companies collaborating with promotion of their respective products.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

7+ Year Old Account
    We are talking about the slogan on a t-shirt of KK. She knows what "the force" is.
    The slogan itself doesn't even say anything about shoes. The shoes are Air Force, or maybe Navy, definitely not Army. But it's definitely Nike-y.
    That's clever cross advertisement. People who know it's Nike - will recognize it, star wars fans will also recognize it, especially on KK.
    And there's plenty of Star Wars specifically branded "The Force is Female" T-shirts on Etzy and Amazon, from China.

P.S. And what conspiracy? There's nothing conspirative about two companies collaborating with promotion of their respective products.
    It absolutely matters what is being sold no company the size of Disney gives there brand for use without knowing what it’s going to be used for.

And KK knowing what the force is is irrelevant she had nothing to do with Nike making there campaign, she didn’t set up Nike at the film festival and she didn’t go out of her way to sponsor Nike they had all of there guess appearances wear it for the campaign.

And yes Chinese knock offs exist that’s not relevant to any thing ever.

Also thinking that two company’s are secretly working together to influence something (come up with a shoe line and ad campaign) is literally the definition of a conspiracy theory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Are people still whinging about Kathleen Kennedy? Christ, how pathetic can people be? This is one of the dumbest conversations I've seen in this sub-forum, and that's saying something.

Does anyone actually care about a shirt she wore?
    Some people need to find reasons to justify there hate for the woman (and woman in general)and making up non sense that she’s trying to ruin all men is a easy way to do it when you can twist something totally unrelated to the cause like the film festival pic.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Are people still whinging about Kathleen Kennedy? Christ, how pathetic can people be? This is one of the dumbest conversations I've seen in this sub-forum, and that's saying something.

Sadly, yes.

And I don't even get it. The Force is Female even if it was for Star Wars, why does it matter? Canonly, the Light Side of the Force was literally embodied by a being called "The Daughter." And that was pre-Disney lore. I could easily said in the old Lore that the Light Side was Female.

And if you view the Force analogous to Nature/Planet, we tend to embody nature as feminine.

The whole shirt thing was building a story on the shirt and that the movies had a female protagonist. Ignoring Rebels "main character" was male with a male mentor and that Resistance main character was male too.

The whole Force is Female even if they were right it still doesn't make sense to be mad at.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Yes, look at all this leaning on the Star Wars brand. It has everything. The famous font, lightsabers, Darth Vader...
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Imagen if the roll was reverse, it was a man who have a t-shirt that say "the force is male" and he have a agenda to humilate, deconstruct and replace all the classic female heros. Would you care? Do you think it will result in good and entertaining Star Wars?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantomen View Post
    Imagen if the roll was reverse, it was a man who have a t-shirt that say "the force is male" and he have a agenda to humilate, deconstruct and replace all the classic female heros. Would you care? Do you think it will result in good and entertaining Star Wars?
    The bold is not proven in KK case. You are making a hypothetical built on something people feel to be true.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

7+ Year Old Account
    If it was a man no one could care, there is no end to big name men in ad campaigns targeted towards men and none one ever makes up nonsense about them trying to deconstruct or replace women.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    The bold is not proven in KK case. You are making a hypothetical built on something people feel to be true.
    Your gaslighting do not work, no I can not prove it, and you can not prove it that it is not true.

10+ Year Old Account

Here's the problem;

Why would you even give a shit? How is "the Force is female" in any remote way objectionable, even if it was intended to be referring to Star Wars?

Sorry that your clubhouse no longer has the "NO GURLZ ALLOWD" sign on it, but christ, you're just making yourself look bad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Your gaslighting do not work, no I can not prove it, and you can not prove it that it is not true.
    Shit son this is some ground breaking logic we should get big foot and the unicorn over here so they can hear it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Whilst I only vaguely recall the episode, Anakin was a Padawan for a large chunk of Clone Wars. He probably didn't have the proper training to focus his telekinesis like that.
    Anakin is a knight and general of the republic for the duration of the Clone Wars show. He has his own padawan the entire time (Ahsoka).
    Last edited by bullseyed; 2022-06-29 at 05:34 PM.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't have to prove it not true. That's not how the burden of proof works.

Unless you have proof, you cannot expect people to treat your view as a fact.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Here's the problem;

Why would you even give a shit? .
    Here's a non-problem.
    I don't give a shit. I'm explaining that "it's just Nike ad" is not a good hand wave of the issue people are having with KK.
    That is all. I explained it. My job is done.
    Obviously people are stuck to their guns and keep ignoring reality.
    That's Life.

7+ Year Old Account
    Shit son this is some ground breaking logic we should get big foot and the unicorn over here so they can hear it to.
    How can you forget Nessie?
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    I'm sorry but.. what...?! To me it just felt like Disney told JJ and Johnson that Luke was no longer and could no longer be the hero because "the Force is female", they wrote him shit on purpose and nothing in TLJ justified ANYTHING imo. They ruined Luke because they wanted to, simple as that.

He was determined to find the good in Vader and was willing to die for it but gave up on his nephew? Bah.. just thinking about it annoys me.

I'll agree Rey being a nobody coming from nobodies was alright, she didn't have to be a Palpatine or worse declare herself a Skywalker lmao.
    Those movies suck and all, but I don't think Luke gave up on his nephew, he gave up on himself. When he considered killing Ben he believed himself to be on the road to corruption, like his father.

Anakin had dreams about his mother and wife dying horrible deaths, so he sought dark side power to save them.
    Luke had dreams about his nephew killing people, so he sought to kill him before it happened.

There is supposed to be a parallel between these two stories, but it was kinda dumb and didn't get sufficient screen time between the girl power and random nonsense in the movies.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    How can you forget Nessie?
    Well Nessie is a booking disaster as she won’t leave the loch, but Mabye we could get Disney and Nike to hold there next secret meeting there for the next “the force is non binary” campaign.

Well Nessie is a booking disaster as she won’t leave the loch, but Mabye we could get Disney and Nike to hold there next secret meeting there for the next “the force is non binary” campaign.
    Have you tried giving her 'bout 3 fiddy?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a non-problem.
    I don't give a shit. I'm explaining that "it's just Nike ad" is not a good hand wave of the issue people are having with KK.
    You can't say there's no problem and then claim Kennedy's comments were a problem.

Even if it wasn't (just) a Nike ad, there's no legitimate grounds to have any issue with Kennedy pushing "the Force is female".
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-06-29 at 06:29 PM.