Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    Are people really mad about this? If you bought these you got them literally years ago, them being free now isn't a big deal. And if you're just being pissy that Blizz is giving them away with prime, isn't it better that it's some retired item rather then something new?
    No it should be something new rather then a retired item. Because it's unfair to people who actually spent money on this while others get it for free. Those that originally bought it has every right to be mad. Its literally makes you look silly to think otherwise.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's literally Prime 2 Win.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I'm guessing the other retired shop items will follow.
    To be fair all of items have always come with a disclaimer saying that they could be retired and re added at a later date. Same with the RAF items.

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Wtf?!? Soon MoP Challenge gear in the shop.
    I'm actually surprised they haven't done that yet.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hobskins View Post
    No it should be something new rather then a retired item. Because it's unfair to people who actually spent money on this while others get it for free. Those that originally bought it has every right to be mad. Its literally makes you look silly to think otherwise.
    Yo i agree!! Its almost like social healthcare, social education, etc! BOLOGNA!

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    I find it hilarious that people think Prime is free or something.
    I think of it as the same when I get 'free' games from PSN+. I signed up for a specific purpose, am getting that purpose and also these theoretical freebies in that they are things that I wasn't likely to otherwise buy. Which can work the other way around as well.

I will continue my longstanding tradition of targeting people in pvp who wear these.

This is awesome. I'm don't mind retired content being brought back years later; the fact I got some time-limited stuff back before it was retired means that I got to enjoy it for years longer than those who get it now. Now that it's being brought back, my enjoyment of it isn't dampened by the fact others can get it.

I didn't get the Hood of Hungering Darkness back in the day, though. Looking forward to making a WC2 Death Knight transmog. <3

Feels pretty low effort here - other games at least have something nominally related to Twitch, even if it's just color scheme. Pulling out old store transmog sets from a decade ago that were subsequently retired has "We need something for a Twitch promo...anyone checked the supply closet for old junk?" vibes to it.

How is it unfair? At no point did Blizzard say that these appearances were going to be unique or gone forever. They very clearly stated when these items were retired that they may return at some point in some way.

"Items in the See You Later Bundle will enter hibernation on January 6, 2019 and will no longer be available in the Blizzard® Shop or in-game shop (until further notice). These items may return at some point in the future."

These people didn't buy an item with the promise of exclusivity only to have that taken away from them (over 3 years later, not to mention). They bought an item that was being retired and could be brought back at any point. The argument of, "I paid for it 3 years ago but it's free now so I'm upset" is one of the weakest arguments imaginable because, for starters, paid things are giving away for free all the time - especially for promotional events. People that go to a sporting event and buy a hat don't then get to complain when the venue gives away the same hat for free to other people as a promo item over 3 years later. People that bought these appearances back then bought access to them 3+ years early even if everyone else got it for "free" later. But realistically, not "everyone" is going to claim this offer through Prime, either because of lack of interest or because they don't want to support Amazon or any other number of reasons.
    Last edited by Darsyek; 2022-06-29 at 06:23 PM.

Interesting variation on the 3 month sub reward.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you guys expect? You're acting all shocked and shit. The helmets are unavailable in the store, thus, made as a good lure for Prime Gaming, which pays Activision-Blizzard a little share too. Wasn't this what people complained about? Things becoming permanently unavailable, well, now it is available again?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorthezar View Post
    Imagine that you paid money for these and now they are free items. lmao.
    claimed mine with prime gaming free of charge!

Guess this is good for those who have prime.

I don't, but i don't really care much about these either.

Im neutral on these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    What do you guys expect? You're acting all shocked and shit. The helmets are unavailable in the store, thus, made as a good lure for Prime Gaming, which pays Activision-Blizzard a little share too. Wasn't this what people complained about? Things becoming permanently unavailable, well, now it is available again?
    It's lazy and disrespectful, they could have just changed the color of the helmets it would have been perfect for everyone (except the eternal whiner).
    Because right now if someone already bought all the helmet they get nothing out of this, a different color would have allowed them to also enjoy the Prime reward instead like always blizzard fuck over their old fans.

I'm one of those people that bought it. It's a stupid thing to get mad about. Do you get mad when a game you bought goes on sale? Or when somebody buys the same shirt you have from a thrift store? Epic, Xbox Live, and PS+ give out free games every month, should people be angry if they bought one of those games?

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    Are people really mad about this? If you bought these you got them literally years ago, them being free now isn't a big deal. And if you're just being pissy that Blizz is giving them away with prime, isn't it better that it's some retired item rather then something new?
    People would rather have less themselves if it means others have nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    its unfair that I got Corrupted Ashbringer way back in the day through hard work, sweat, tears, and blood.

Now some C A S U A L can walk over to the BMAH and drop a Max Gold bid on it? Without even TRYING to work for it?

/s

On Topic: lol

- - - Updated - - -

By people's Logic: everyone should be refunded the costs of Vanilla, TBC, WOTLK, Cataclysm, MOP, Warlords, Legion, and Battle for Azeroth since they're all included now in Shadowlands base cost.

WHERE'S OUR REFUNDS BLIZZARD!!!???

/s

People calling it free lol....

Those were unbelievably ugly 10+ years ago and they still are. I don't want to get them for free tbh..