Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Games on the switch have also gotten free updates and good dlc for cheap so not even sure what your point is. Splatoon 2 and ACNH where heavily supported with free updates, SMO had one as well. The Xenoblade 2 season pass ended up having a completely new game as a part of it...
    Splatoon 2 is a multiplayer game, ofc it gets free Updates. And AC still lacks of money content you had in its predessecors.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Splatoon 2 is a multiplayer game, ofc it gets free Updates. And AC still lacks of money content you had in its predessecors.
    I mean u got 200cc for free in mk8
    Your single example of a free update was also a multiplayer game. Holy fuck what are you debating my dude?

ACNH lacks so much content that I got bored of the game even before doing 25% of content in the game. Wow such lack of content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck me, I literally just bought all the megaman battle network games on the Wii U.

That looked really good. Also releases on PC

15+ Year Old Account
    That was awful besides battle network

Also no bayo 3. Its dead, jim

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    That looked really good. Also releases on PC

As a big fan of Rune Factory this definitely has my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Also no bayo 3. Its dead, jim
    I mean the only game they showed even published by Nintendo is Live a Live and that is only published by Nintendo in the west. I'd be more worried about bayo3 if it doesn't show up at the next general direct since it is owned, published and funded by Nintendo. No game fitting that criteria was shown here.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean the only game they showed even published by Nintendo is Live a Live and that is only published by Nintendo in the west. I'd be more worried about bayo3 if it doesn't show up at the next general direct since it is owned, published and funded by Nintendo. No game fitting that criteria was shown here.
    The next one would be september so unless its a december game its not coming this year.

The next one would be september so unless its a december game its not coming this year.
    Or when E3 got canned Nintendo decided to delay their general direct until later in the summer. I highly doubt they wait until Sep for another direct, and if they where going to do that they would of just made this a general direct and included some Splatoon 3 and other shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Or when E3 got canned Nintendo decided to delay their general direct until later in the summer. I highly doubt they wait until Sep for another direct, and if they where going to do that they would of just made this a general direct and included some Splatoon 3 and other shit.
    We'll see but it's entirely possible what's announced now is what we're getting so they have nothing else to announce for the year

We'll see but it's entirely possible what's announced now is what we're getting so they have nothing else to announce for the year
    They got together treehouse live to record sessions, and there is no fucking way they did it just for fucking live a live lmao. Probably Advanced Wars, Splatoon 3 and something else sessions also recorded at the same time that will release after the next direct.

15+ Year Old Account
    They got together treehouse live to record sessions, and there is no fucking way they did it just for fucking live a live lmao. Probably Advanced Wars, Splatoon 3 and something else sessions also recorded at the same time that will release after the next direct.
    Youre trying to rationalize nintendo when they can be kinda retarded at times

So just Splatoon, XBC3, Pokemon, and Mario + Rabids for last half of 2022?(edit: And advance wars 1+2, of course <3)

Possible, but I'd be surprised, I think they need one more on brand heavy hitter. I expect them to release something to fill the gap left by BotW2, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was a port, remake, or remaster of a Zelda or Metroid game. I'd love to see Wind Waker HD this year on Switch. I have no idea how or even if they will announce this, but that's my guess.

Best part of today is confirming P4G is coming to Switch. I've been begging for that for years, and honestly, I've asked for that more than any other single thing on Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    So just Splatoon, XBC3, Pokemon, and Mario + Rabids for last half of 2022?(edit: And advance wars 1+2, of course <3)

Possible, but I'd be surprised, I think they need one more on brand heavy hitter. I expect them to release something to fill the gap left by BotW2, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was a port, remake, or remaster of a Zelda or Metroid game. I'd love to see Wind Waker HD this year on Switch. I have no idea how or even if they will announce this, but that's my guess.

Best part of today is confirming P4G is coming to Switch. I've been begging for that for years, and honestly, I've asked for that more than any other single thing on Switch.
    I wouldn't call a zelda or metroid remaster a heavy hitter, those games are a few million sellers max. Pokemon is a juggernaut and truthfully all they ever need for holiday. They probably have something else but its not a "heavy hitter".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post

Remember when we said in 2020 that botw 2 was gonna be their big holiday game but it turned out to just be a warriors game?

All im saying is they might move things to next year because its likely the last year for switch and they want to spread stuff out more

I'm the most curious about the performance of Nier on the Switch.
    Reddit posters write that on the base PS4 the game runs 40-45 FPS with dips and targets 900p.
    I'm guessing the Swith will probably aim at best for 30 FPS locked and go for 480-720 resolution

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Reddit posters write that on the base PS4 the game runs 40-45 FPS with dips and targets 900p.
    I'm guessing the Swith will probably aim at best for 30 FPS locked and go for 480-720 resolution
    Who knows how it'll actually perform, but iirc, they said 30fps 1080p docked and 30fps 720p handheld

Eh you can't be using the oldest versions of this game for any comparison because they where terribly optimized. When the game was put on gamepass it got a new PC port instead of the one it had at launch and that version ran miles better than the original version that was released on steam and needed mods to get decent performance out of it.

Platinum's engine also runs great on the Switch if you look at Astral Chain. It will probably be native 720p and locked 30 fps just like Astral Chain. 900p docked but I have no idea why anyone would care about docked performance in this game, if you want to play it like that just play it on a different console or PC.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-29 at 02:03 PM.

Eh you can't be using the oldest versions of this game for any comparison because they where terribly optimized. When the game was put on gamepass it got a new PC port instead of the one it had at launch and that version ran miles better than the original version that was released on steam and needed mods to get decent performance out of it.

Platinum's engine also runs great on the Switch if you look at Astral Chain. It will probably be native 720p and locked 30 fps just like Astral Chain. 900p docked but I have no idea why anyone would care about docked performance in this game, if you want to play it like that just play it on a different console or PC.
    From my end it's a curiosity because Nier Automata's combat could become hectic at times. Much more then Astral Chain (been a while since I played that game) and for example Witcher 3.

From my end it's a curiosity because Nier Automata's combat could become hectic at times. Much more then Astral Chain (been a while since I played that game) and for example Witcher 3.
    Astral Chain combat is way more hectic then Automata because you have to control 2 characters. Nier Automata you can spam the shit out of the dodge button and win pretty easily. Astral Chain also has tons more NPCs, usually has more geometry on screen and other shit. It's graphically more impressive than automata imo since it almost never drops a frame on the Switch. Automata is mostly just drab and empty land. So tbh I expect Automata to run fine, it was just an unoptimized mess on the original PS4 and PC launches(before it was a decent sized IP so probably came down to lack of budget from Square).