Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Something I was wondering recently. Assuming theres no new big features to be announced.... what is there for casual players in Dragonflight? It, as of now, just looks like another WoD-esque: We only care about what hardcore players do. But at least WoD had the Garrison which, while kinda shit, was at least something that all players could take part in.
    Which part of the game, from knowing what's coming with DF, you feel you can't take part in?
    1. Open world
    2. Crafting
    3. Dungeons
    4. Raids
    5. Flying around with your dragon
    6. New class/race
    Last edited by Trumpcat; 2022-06-29 at 03:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Like whole game is crafted atm for casual playin :P Maybe except ultra high m+ keys and myth raid before nerfs :P Housing would be nice idea for casual but its pretty daubtful they will ever add this or in near future.
    Last edited by czarek; 2022-06-29 at 04:01 PM.

I think we can basically call any of the threads asking what type of content will exist in Dragonflight a "we will see in alpha"

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Something I was wondering recently. Assuming theres no new big features to be announced.... what is there for casual players in Dragonflight? It, as of now, just looks like another WoD-esque: We only care about what hardcore players do. But at least WoD had the Garrison which, while kinda shit, was at least something that all players could take part in.
    What makes you think it will be any different than Shadowlands? Collection game (that was growing last few expansions, in SL basically every zone become Timeless Isle), gear from world content and lower difficulties won't dissapear. And there will be renown style reputations, we have 0 idea how many activiies or rewards they will contain. We don't know how involving will be dragon system either.

Also, although it's not 100% casual, solo que is coming to rated PVP. I have high hopes it will provide way to earned rated mounts or weekly vault without manual grouping.

On top of that, simplifying progression to just gear and talents means easier entry for alts. Casual gearing ends pretty fast when you play 1 character, but not if you do it on alt army.

EDIT: Yeah, and forgot about crafting. It will be some kind progression as well since they talked about talents.

If for casual content you mean “content I can do solo without having to waste my time waiting for Godother players” I think it will end exactly like it is nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Yeah I'm well aware of the garbage that sifts through here and the official forums and I'm probably going to get banned (yet again) for upsetting the fragile egos of players who get out dpsed by healers... but it's reality, they are bad players, not casuals.
    I find the example you've given a bit disingenuous, for the past few expansions if you wanted to get CE you certainly couldn't only raidlog, there is research to do on encounters/logs/your class and weekly character maintenance/one and done grinds you had to attend to, also even middle of the pack CE guilds will want a high attendance which I just wouldn't call that a casual playstyle myself.

Someone who reliably get's CE is a "invested" player to me, doesn't mean you have to go full no-life/neckbeard ofc, the majority of my older guildmates didn't (except you're the raidlead, then you need more time for sure.)

But I guess this very discussion just shows that a definition from the OP would be nice.

I'm not seeing anything being mentioned that wasnt also available for WoD which was a "raid or nothing" expansion.

That was kinda the question I was asking here. WoD is poster child for "There was nothing to do if you didnt raid so people quit" expansion and this one, thus far, seems to just be WoD with mythic+ and no new big expansion feature.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Farming mounts was the most fun and chill about wow for me when i last played, sucks i never got lk mount though i farmed that for years before giving up.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Absolutely none of this is true...Casuals (including myself) bitched about these dumb systems because god forbid somebody wants to play a 2nd character? Or 3rd or more?
    If you're casual then why are you trying to min/max multiple characters??? If you are min/maxing multiple then you aren't a casual. If you're a casual then you didn't need to smash everything out in one go on multiple characters because it wasn't necessary for a casual character.

Casuals were not complaining. The min/maxers were for the reasons I had already listed in the post of mine you quoted. If you still think that isn't true, then I beg you go look up the opinion of any high end wow content creator or streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    If you're casual then why are you trying to min/max multiple characters??? If you are min/maxing multiple then you aren't a casual. If you're a casual then you didn't need to smash everything out in one go on multiple characters because it wasn't necessary for a casual character.

Casuals were not complaining. The min/maxers were for the reasons I had already listed in the post of mine you quoted. If you still think that isn't true, then I beg you go look up the opinion of any high end wow content creator or streamer.
    The guy you quoted never said anythinv about min/maxing more than one character but rather PLAYING them. And yes, it sucked during early legion and bfa to play more than one character, because you had to do System a,b,c and d first before your character was in a playable (complete) state.
    In early legion, you couldn't even afford to play more than 1 SPEC!

3+ Year Old Account
    Yeah like in Shadowlands they'll probably throw you a bone and expect you to be happy to grind stupid mounts and pets only in a boring open world zone.

We need TF and AP back, real content, real character progression, PLAYER POWER OUTSIDE OF RAIDING!

Raiding is frustrating, boring and sadly outdated content. The heart of the game is small group content and M+ USED to be super rewarding and therefore FUN! Then in Raidloglands Blizzard took 5 steps backwards and brought us straight back to Warlords of Draenor.

We need to return to the good days, we need to return to LEGION! Make AP accountwide for the altoholics and keep Valor around to counteract bad rng when it comes to titanforging and boom you have the perfect game where everybody except the <5% (raidloggers) will be happy. Just like we were in Legion.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2022-06-29 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Yeah like in Shadowlands they'll probably throw you a bone and expect you to be happy to grind stupid mounts and pets only in a boring open world zone.

We need TF and AP back, real content, real character progression, PLAYER POWER OUTSIDE OF RAIDING!

Raiding is frustrating, boring and sadly outdated content. The heart of the game is small group content and M+ USED to be super rewarding and therefore FUN! Then in Raidloglands Blizzard took 5 steps backwards and brought us straight back to Warlords of Draenor.

We need to return to the good days, we need to return to LEGION! Make AP accountwide for the altoholics and keep Valor around to counteract bad rng when it comes to titanforging and boom you have the perfect game where everybody except the <5% (raidloggers) will be happy. Just like we were in Legion.
    TF was a horrible system because it would make players outgear appropriate content

It's just like the original m+ system where people got their key boosted then next week couldn't do the dungeon because the key was too high

More than the top players liked playing multiple specs

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    TF was a horrible system because it would make players outgear appropriate content No this is good, because players should eventually overcome challenge, this helps a lot

It's just like the original m+ system where people got their key boosted then next week couldn't do the dungeon because the key was too high

More than the top players liked playing multiple specs

disagree strongly

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't know yet? Dragon Flight is quite casual, and the world content as well. Dungeons (Normal and HC), LFR too, of course, but we do not know what is completely on the menu in the world, or the patches coming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    The casuals did not complain about that or in the way you have described. That is completely false. The hardcore min/maxers were the ones complaining about systems and their checklist of "chores".
    Fully agree with this.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You're just flat-out wrong and I already have proven so.

Also who said anything about min/maxing anything? A sign that one does not have an argument to begin with is if he/she creates something to argue against.
    Where is your proof? You didn't provide any apart from your opinion?

Read the rest of my post if you want to understand the min/maxing comment. I made it pretty clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    The expansion itself. That's what is for casuals.

The expansion.

And to be honest, how the fuck can anybody say "from what I've seen so far, it's for hardcore" when what we've seen so far is absolutely NOTHING in terms of content. New class, new race, new way of flying to quests, new talent system.

Only casuals can point at something that's not there and still say "that's not for me"
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2022-06-29 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    disagree strongly
    Wow you just completely missed the point

OK so in your world higher gear means you can do the content because skill and experience is a non issue

That's why everyone who attempted Mage tower challenges in 7.3 cleared them immediately and players were walking into heroic KJ and beating him

You totally didn't have alts getting as geared as heroic raid toons then having no rewards until next patch or them getting told by the game "hey at this ilvl you should do X" and then failing leading to them and their teammates having a bad experience but hey the game said it was the correct content

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Wow you just completely missed the point

OK so in your world higher gear means you can do the content because skill and experience is a non issue

That's why everyone who attempted Mage tower challenges in 7.3 cleared them immediately and players were walking into heroic KJ and beating him

You totally didn't have alts getting as geared as heroic raid toons then having no rewards until next patch or them getting told by the game "hey at this ilvl you should do X" and then failing leading to them and their teammates having a bad experience but hey the game said it was the correct content
    Well I think that's a small price to pay for a great game.

You could even argue that it encouraged players to get into more challenging content, which isn't a bad thing in my opinion.

Also the very same thing still happens today with the Vault awarding easy Mythic ilvl loot, the only difference is it takes slightly longer and is a purely timegated way to gear.

I really need to point out that WoD was no paradise die hardcore players at all. Only Raidlogging is no fun for us either.
    In fact, the last 3 expansion delivered much more Casual content than hatdcore content as well, with the exception of m+ and the mage tower.
    M+ literally saved all those expansions for the hardcore crowd, but it is literally one single system. It's cool, it's fun, please continue it, but the impression that the game is designed around hardcore players of very wrong.

Very little - Blizz still has 0 clue as to how to add fun systems to the game that casuals can interact with. Is there casual content? Yes, but it's largely solo and doesn't inspire player-emergent behavior. For example, FF14 has:

-Fashion challenge
    -Group events at the saucer
    -Housing
    -Hunts
    -Eureka / Bozja
    -Running old content has more group incentives (and is easier and faster to queue up for)
    -Lots more I'm forgetting

Wow has...world quests? Hovering in ZM waiting for rares to spawn (many of which can be solo'd and the ones that can't have 0 mechanics)? Running old raids on a weekly lockout solo with a glazed look on my eyes?
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2022-06-29 at 11:07 PM.