Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't care about the new talent trees, as I'll just follow the patch of least resistance and use the builds that sim the best numbers.

I don't care about the professions "revamp", never was big fan of professions anyway.

The new class could be appealing to me, IF they add more variety to the player(dragon) models. There is 0% chance that I'll play it, if it remains as it was shown back in April.

With Danuser behind the steering wheel, I'm not interested even one bit in the story and the new lore of the expansion. If anything, I expect it to be a shit-show of Shadowlands proportions.

I'm on the fence about the new dragon-riding. Could turn out to be fun, but I'd prefer if they'd let us use regular flying, as an alternative. Just in case.

The things that I'm excited about(and I am very excited) are the cross-faction play, the solo queue for rated pvp and the lack of any player-power systems(apart from gear, of course...). These three are enough for me to be absolutely certain that I'll purchase and play Dragonflight.
    unclench your jaw

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Good luck to those who got excited about the lizard race that no one ever asked for?
    This is the prime example of the entitlement in the gaming industry right now.
    Did somebody ask for lightsabers in Star Wars, for Eye of Sauron in LOTR, for 7 different batmans?
    This is their product, just like it was in vanilla, and all the expansions since, you don't get to choose. If you don't see it fit, you don't play it.
    I'm not even a fan of drakthyr, but I'm amused by the fact that standard you're trying to set is "we did not ask for this", as if you're the creators of the game, or have anything else to do with it but being the end user.
    I wish I could say I asked for Microsoft Edge, but I did not, and nobody else did, but Microsoft still tried to gain traction to compete with chrome and mozzila alike, and failed.
    They had every right to, it's their money, it's their product and they can do with it what they think is the best.
    On the topic of what I'm excited about, it's fairly simple, all these expansions that offered "more", you're talking about, offered reinventing the wheel for an expansion full of abandoned systems once new expansion hits.
    I presume most of us still active players like the game in general, it has good enough features as it is, and it only needs quality content set on our most favourite gaming planet, called Azeroth, without pissing on the game with borrowed power, planet cracking enemies that we have no real lore for, and so on.
    Will it be good, have no clue, but the premise is what I wanted it to be for years now, and Blizzard staying grounded after being entitled cunts for the last few expansions, feels promising. Can't wait for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    "Fewer systems is actually bad because you're getting less bad stuff" Literally worst take I've ever seen when it comes to WoW.
    You're putting quantity over quality and have tricked yourself into thinking this makes you some kind of galaxy brain.
    No. It means you're getting less stuff period. You're thanking them for putting less work into the product they're selling you rather than spending the time they wasted on bad stuff on good stuff instead.

Why are g*mers like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    No you don't. This is the most fucked up stupid thing I have ever heard. Huge player power is LITERALLY whar got the game in the situarion it is. Fuck no.

- - - Updated - - -

1. Total skill tree revamp (extremely excited)
    2. Total profession revamp (extremely excited)
    3. Going to the Dragon Isle
    4. Learning more about Dragon lore
    5. Murozond or Galakrond as the big bad.
    6. A return to the world being important.

Saying it has nothing to be excited for is just fucking stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Blood Mallet has done the math and with the new talent system if each spec is like druid and dk. Than every spec has about 2.8 million combonations. Now most of those will be bad, and that is fine. It is all about choice. It is a good thing.
    So your extremely excited for the talent tree change? Where they took ya know.... took out the current talent tree, replaced it with the old talent tree (which by the way nobody wanted to get rid of in the first place) made it look a little different but it will all just be cookie cutter in the end anyway?

Your excited because they are finally updating professions which have been fucking almost useless and dead for several years now....and should of been updated in any patch a long time ago.

And im the stupid one? got it

Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    So your extremely excited for the talent tree change? Where they took ya know.... took out the current talent tree, replaced it with the old talent tree (which by the way nobody wanted to get rid of in the first place) made it look a little different but it will all just be cookie cutter in the end anyway?

Your excited because they are finally updating professions which have been fucking almost useless and dead for several years now....and should of been updated in any patch a long time ago.

And im the stupid one? got it
    It will take me 2 posts - to exploit how BS you are(and will send you back to Bellular).

1)What kind of talent tree(incl. PoE) doesn't have a cookie cutter build?
    2)Do you agree on, that Blizzard tryed really hard to create all kind of systems, only to reliaze that the game simply don't support it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    I played the old system. This is the same, just expanded out more. It will still be just the same cookie cutter builds for certain content.

- - - Updated - - -

There will not be 1400 viable builds, not a chance in hell. Sure if you are out questing and want to use some janky non-performing talents, great, but if you want to actually progress you are going to need certain tools. Blizzard has died on this sword before, of player choice, but in the end most people just go to sites like this or icy veins or some other source and dump in the standard builds for their play style. I mean I play a feral druid, if I don't have certain abilities the spec is not playable.

I find them ugly as hell, like a flying clown. I get what and who they are tying to appease, but they are way over the top with it.
    You seem to not grasp what viable means. Viable does not mean for raiding, m+ or even pvp. Viable means in literally every aspect of the game.

I'll make a very small list of what viable builds could be. Just for dps

1. Single target burst no interupt
    2. Single target bursr with interupt
    3. Single targer sustain no interupt
    4. Single target sustain with interupt
    5. Cleave no interupt
    6. Clean with interupt
    7. Aoe no interupt
    8. Aoe with interupt
    9. M+ single target
    10. M+ aoe
    11. Pvp

That is just a few off the top of my head. I never even got into builds for like shamans or paladins that will be able to spec into off healing or higher defense.

People are so used to the mop style trees they di not seem to understamd how to view the new ones correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    It’s not the exact same, and you know it’s not. It was the happiest WoW day for me when we got mount equipment so I didn’t have to use water strider. You under estimate how important mount choice is, and forcing people onto dragons is not a good thing.
    You can use your regular mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post

1. Total skill tree revamp (extremely excited)
    2. Total profession revamp (extremely excited)
    3. Going to the Dragon Isle
    4. Learning more about Dragon lore
    5. Murozond or Galakrond as the big bad.
    6. A return to the world being important.

Saying it has nothing to be excited for is just fucking stupid.
    Dude, I only agree with number (1) which is also an old request from many players. Everything else you said I believe only you 3 or 4 other people in this thread are excited.
    I speak for myself:
    Professions: I never cared about this, I know many PVE players who never cared about this and I believe that all PVP base players don't care about that.
    Go to Dragon Island: It must be an island (like many we've seen) with dragons (like many we've seen). Are you really excited about this??
    Learn more about Dragon Lore: Here it's just obvious and not a reason to be excited. There has never been an expansion without adding more lore.
    Murozond or Galakrond as the big bad: So what?
    A return to the world being important: important to whom??

I have no doubts: Blizzard still hasn't learned anything from the mistakes of the past and mainly... They DO NOT listen to FEEDBACK from players at all.

Look at this poll below for example. Almost 40% of players ask (and it's been a long time) for the Dark Ranger class or at least a fourth Hunter spec being Dark Ranger:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ming-in-9-2-5)!!!

I've seen this same poll on other forums (including the official forum) and it's always between 35% to 40% of players.
    That represents a lot (a lot) of people.
    Blizzard never listened to this even dragging Sylvanas (a Dark Ranger) as the protagonist since LEGION!!!

Instead, the meeting that defined the future of the new expansion decided to bring in a gecko's race that no one ever asked for and a invented classes on a drunken night.
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2022-06-30 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    A return to the world being important: important to whom??
    In defense of this point, it's important to Blizz this time. Important enough that they have a new crew solely working on World Content.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark View Post
    Well first off. Yes there are different mentalities. Blizzard as well as most American gaming companies could learn a few lessons in humility. But some of those things you mentioned are just hearsay or statements taken out of context.
    The first statement is from the systems lead saying "if you are worried about the game while my colleagues get outed as predators then you are the problem"
    The second is about the cache in BfA from devs on Twitter saying since it was changed in the ass end of testing that players can't complain
    The ML change was justified by saying players felt too pressured to refuse trading
    The blue post about the Covenant lock being removed said "the restrictions we had in place helped you experience the world of SL in a unique way"
    The last is a dev on Twitter that claimed asmongold bullies devs into silence

None is hearsay because it's all been public

But the closest to hearsay would be in the theory crafting chat when the devs called the players the peanut gallery or how when the testers pointed out the Monk tank didn't work how the dev said it would the dev started being condescending and explained it in a way that it didn't make sense still.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rtrain View Post
    Nah, I just think its dumb to argue either side of that argument because it literally doesn't matter. It's not the limiting factor to whether or not this will be a good system. It's really not a factor. But it's not like talenting into an interrupt when you need an interrupt is fun or interesting either.

Swapping between bosses never seemed that annoying to me. Just requires a bit of coordination. Swapping for trash > boss > trash > boss > trash > boss will be annoying even if it just requires a tome and a few clicks. But things like interrupts and stuns will make it almost a requirement now. (A lot of top end guilds/players already did this on trash btw, it's just going to be more important now)
    I highly doubt that anyone beyond the top 50 will swap for trash. The choice isn't interesting and doesn't make the system better but it just shows that the option exists

I imagine some classes like rogues will follow the dk example and the interrupt will be essentially there all the time

The tomes though...my scribe will love it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Few people are saying it's not a LITERAL choice. Of course it is. You have the option to do it, or not do it. Choice right there.

But is it an ACTUAL choice? That's the question. Yes technically you could not take it, but will it affect your performance and gameplay experience in ways so negative that you'd rather not make that choice?

Arguing technicalities isn't useful here. Sure, diabetics can technically CHOOSE not to take insulin and slowly die. But to say "insulin is a choice" there would be extremely disingenuous and arguing in bad faith.
    Lol yes because the interrupt on shriekwing is the same as a diabetic not taking insulin

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    In defense of this point, it's important to Blizz this time. Important enough that they have a new crew solely working on World Content.
    For me the difference is only geographical. We will have a map (with mountains, rivers, castles, world quests etc) with dragons everywhere. This is at most something that gives us curiosity... and not excitement.

Of course, this is subjective. I will probably, after reaching lvl 70, be in Thorghast doing "legacy content" to finish catching all the shoulders xmogs.
    This expansion (until what has been shown so far) is lacking that "flavor" that we felt in WTLK with the arrival of DK (something that the base player really wanted), or in Legion with the arrival of DH (something that the player base really wanted). BFA gave us several allied races (which people really asked for for a long time like zandallaris trolls and Mag'Har Orcs) and also the Warmode (which saved a lot of people's lives). In SL at the beginning they showed us the amazing xmogs of sanctum of domination (which I remember perfectly made people crazy) and also the zone "the maw" and Torghast which was a curious new game within the game.

With what's been shown so far about DragonFlight (and they always show "the expansion's best goal" right at the beginning of the release) I'm not even 5% excited as I was in the other expansions.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention that even the DF cinematic was by far the most boring of them all. The audience was totally disconnected with that cinematic because it doesn't give us ANY ELEMENTS to get us excited. Compare that to BFA's cinematic for example that had the audience at Blizzcon screaming along with Sylvanas' banshee form...
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2022-06-30 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    OK do we want more "features" like Island Exps, Scenarios (???), Warfronts or Torghast?

Give us more dungeons, more raids -> more bosses, and don't EVER spend development time on features that only sound good, but plays awful.
    There is a point when the population is oversatured by dungeons and raids simply based on feasibility of what you can do during a week. Features like islands, scenarios, etc. are extremely good as they provide diversity outside of the 3 main rails of content (arena/dungeons/raids), the problem is blizzard releases them in pisspoor form.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I mean you are probably right, but we just had 2 filler expansions in a row, so they kinda need to deliver.
    Given the amount of content updates BFA had you can't call it a filler expansion. Just because an expansion is bad doesn't mean its a filler expansion, it just means its a bad expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Multiple raid bosses and dungeon bosses don't have spells that can be interrupted
    But the Trashmobs in said dungeons do.
    If you really think making interrupts not baseline anymore is a very good idea because a few raid bosses don't required it, I can only assume You are trolling hard. That's simply not an opinion that can be taken seriously.

Lol yes because the interrupt on shriekwing is the same as a diabetic not taking insulin
    That's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying that in a situation where something is practically required, claiming "well you COULD just not take it, so it's a choice!" is asinine. Obviously in a situation that doesn't require it, we're not having that discussion; so bringing up a fight with zero interrupts makes no sense, and only proves you didn't understand the initial point.

That's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying that in a situation where something is practically required, claiming "well you COULD just not take it, so it's a choice!" is asinine. Obviously in a situation that doesn't require it, we're not having that discussion; so bringing up a fight with zero interrupts makes no sense, and only proves you didn't understand the initial point.
    That's my point though
    If a fight requires it then take it
    If it doesn't then don't
    It's the same as going aoe on a fight that requires it vs going aoe on an ST fight

- - - Updated - - -

If you really think making interrupts not baseline anymore is a very good idea because a few raid bosses don't required it, I can only assume You are trolling hard. That's simply not an opinion that can be taken seriously.
    I think that choice is a good thing
    Is it an interesting and meaningful choice?? No but it's still there and in some cases it isn't even a choice and I don't mean it is a required choice but currently we have a spec where it's immediately granted on speccing

That's my point though
    If a fight requires it then take it
    If it doesn't then don't
    I'm with you on that.

But I don't claim that NOT taking it in a fight that requires it is an ACTUAL CHOICE.

That's my problem - people who say you DO have a choice, when that's only technically true but not effectively true.

I am excited for Dragonflight simply because of the talent trees.
    I would be excited for a new expansion no matter what happened, but the talent tree revamp is the single most exciting feature I have seen in this game.
    I hope the gravity of those words sink in, because that is truly how I feel.

Extremely excited to just play classes again with the talent trees in tow and a overall recommitment to getting back to the basics of fun class = fun game.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you just aren't thinking about this all the way. A lot of people aren't though, so its not just you.
    But his point is that in situations where you don't need interrupts you can actually invest that talent point into something else.

Reality states it wont really work that way, I get it. But theoretically, you can. And I'm sure if you play this game you know how people go crazy over theoretical gains.

Truthfully, you could have almost no DPS have an interrupt in any raid fight and you would be fine. Obviously in M+ it will be vastly different, but there are very few interrupts that exist in raiding now-a-days.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I'm with you on that.

But I don't claim that NOT taking it in a fight that requires it is an ACTUAL CHOICE.

That's my problem - people who say you DO have a choice, when that's only technically true but not effectively true.
    Eh at that point you get into really niche situations
    How often are the interrupts
    How many mobs need interrupted

On council you need it but on a fight like desaugne it is more down to "does not taking my interrupt negatively effect the fight"

It's just something that you use if needed but if not then you don't. I wish the system had better choices like if I don't take the interrupt I can get a cool passive instead of 9/10 Stat increase

My god am I tired of people demanding a Tinker class.