Page 60 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Odds of Deandre Ayton's new team being the Brooklyn Nets went from +4000 to +300...in an hour.

Given that Vegas always knows what's up before the general public and media pundits do (see Banchero going no. 1 overall in the draft) then we can basically already bet good money that Kevin Durant is going to the Suns and Deandre Ayton going to the Nets on a new max deal somewhere in the very near future.

Such a weak move by Durant, but understandable. The Suns seem like a good team, and can work with back up Cs and add Durant at wing and probably have a reasonably easy path to the playoffs for a deep run.

NBA circus about to start for real again.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Odds of Deandre Ayton's new team being the Brooklyn Nets went from +4000 to +300...in an hour.

Given that Vegas always knows what's up before the general public and media pundits do (see Banchero going no. 1 overall in the draft) then we can basically already bet good money that Kevin Durant is going to the Suns and Deandre Ayton going to the Nets on a new max deal somewhere in the very near future.

Such a weak move by Durant, but understandable. The Suns seem like a good team, and can work with back up Cs and add Durant at wing and probably have a reasonably easy path to the playoffs for a deep run.

NBA circus about to start for real again.
    At first I thought this was one of those "Ayton going here" things I keep seeing completely ignoring Suns can match and keep any deal Ayton gets.
    But seriously Durant to the Suns? Also lol at Nets being the new Knicks.

Durant is ... has there ever been another player like him? I mean his snake in the grass tendencies.

10+ Year Old Account
    errrrr, wth?

Kyrie Irvign apparently opted IN on his contract, which basically means he's a Net for next season unless the Nets decide to trade him after all this.

You would assume this means Durant stays too.

What a fucking WEIRD offseason, and it's technically not even begun yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    errrrr, wth?

Kyrie Irvign apparently opted IN on his contract, which basically means he's a Net for next season unless the Nets decide to trade him after all this.
    This just means he's looking for a sign-and-trade option, it doesn't mean he's staying a Net.

Edit: Or... maybe not?

Yeah, this is weird.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    John Wall to the Clippers after his buyout. If that team is healthy and playing at the level they can reach, they could be dangerous. Big if though.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol the Knicks are really not just going to sign Jalen Brunson, but offer him a near max deal. Amazing.

And Detroit is immediately being pokerfaced and saying they want to hang on to Nerlens Noel and Alec Burks to help fill out their young core. Consider me very skeptical. Especially Burks, I bet he's getting moved this offseason. But Detroit obv. playing for leverage, something the Knicks totally lacked as everyone knew they were getting rid of salary.

I think Pistons can get some nice assets back for Burks too, cause several other teams were interested. And that's on top of the 2 second rounders they got from the Knicks.

Sometimes being a tanking team really has its benefits.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll miss Brunson, but go get that bag King. Esp if it severely hampers the Knicks xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmmmmm, reports now say Burks had offseason foot surgery and is probably not ready for training camp. That certainly puts a damper on his value.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, wow, Trae Young + Dejounte Murray are going to be a fun backcourt to watch.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Oh, wow, Trae Young + Dejounte Murray are going to be a fun backcourt to watch.
    With the Spurs now clearly tanking for next draft, I kinda wouldn't mind at all if the Celtics made a serious run to acquire Keldon Johson from the Spurs. He would fit what the Celtics want to do SO well.

- - - Updated - - -

"Kevin Durant has informed the Brooklyn Nets that he wants to be traded, league sources confirmed to @yahooSports ."

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/sta...81649145114625

LOL

Bet he's in Phoenix before the weekend is done. He saw Kyrie's snaking and was like "aight, I'm outta here".

- - - Updated - - -

ahahahaha

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/sta...83128069287936

"Kevin Durant has the Phoenix Suns listed as a preferred trade destination, league sources tell @yahooSports."

SO fucking predictable. Nets didn't work out so he's hitching his wagon to the next best thing, Booker and CP3. He's basically gambling that he can do the same thing he did in Golden State, with similar surrounding cast of good shooters and be the main wing that the other team will have to pay attention to, but can't double cause of the surrounding shooters.

Well played Durant, well played.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Kevin Durant has the Phoenix Suns listed as a preferred trade destination, league sources tell yahooSports."

SO fucking predictable. Nets didn't work out so he's hitching his wagon to the next best thing, Booker and CP3. He's basically gambling that he can do the same thing he did in Golden State, with similar surrounding cast of good shooters and be the main wing that the other team will have to pay attention to, but can't double cause of the surrounding shooters.

Well played Durant, well played.
    So... a lot was made of the fact that the Warriors won a chip before Durant and after Durant, and the argument is that it downgrades Durant's legacy.

If Durant joins the Suns as a sort of Warriors-lite remake of the 2017-2019 seasons, and then the Warriors beat them again next year... what would that mean for his legacy?

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    So... a lot was made of the fact that the Warriors won a chip before Durant and after Durant, and the argument is that it downgrades Durant's legacy.

If Durant joins the Suns as a sort of Warriors-lite remake of the 2017-2019 seasons, and then the Warriors beat them again next year... what would that mean for his legacy?
    Durant already has no legacy left. Even if he wins with the Sun's, he's turned himself into a super max Robert Horry.

Edit:

Was seeing some NBA is racist stuff floating around and it was this Kai Sotto guy. He's playing in the NBL and is not NBA ready. But now I get to look forward to NBA is racist articles which I love, especially after Chet Holmgren said he was the best center in the draft. I know Chet must be his boy and I respect Chet for sticking by his people, but if Kai is the best Center in this last draft class, they wouldn't make a championship ymca team.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2022-06-30 at 08:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is one huge downside about this KD wants to be traded news: Now everything will stop dead till Durant has a home. No one will make a move until things are more clear there, neither players nor teams will want to make moves.

This kinda sucks. Was hoping for some action tonight, cause the coming week is going to be real busy.

10+ Year Old Account
    KD's a mercenary, but I dont think it means jack shit for his legacy. He's still a great player wi8th great accomplishments, and essentially carried the 2020 Olympic Team on his back. It just obv doesnt stack up to LeBrons, or Curry's.

10+ Year Old Account
    KD wants a trade, but the Nets spend a first-round pick on Royce O' Neale? Something doesn't add up.

Utah waived Hernangomez, lost Trent Forrest and Eric Paschall to free agency, and now Royce. Not huge losses although O' Neale was a starter, but a lot of players gone, and still questions about what the plan is. Get KD even though he seems to want to play in Phoenix? Wouldn't make much sense if they just stole a first rounder from them. Rumors about getting Gary Trent from Toronto. Who knows. Just gonna have to be big.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    KD's a mercenary, but I dont think it means jack shit for his legacy. He's still a great player wi8th great accomplishments, and essentially carried the 2020 Olympic Team on his back. It just obv doesnt stack up to LeBrons, or Curry's.
    If carrying an American team to olympic gold is high on your accomplishments… >.> That’s like when people compare players and include scoring titles to pad stats.
    Last edited by ProphetFlume; 2022-07-01 at 12:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    If carrying an American team to olympic gold is high on your accomplishments…
    It should be, given how many Americans arent olympians and that the US probably doesnt get gold without him. The International community is catching up. Euroleague basketball isnt something to sneeze at anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    It should be, given how many Americans arent olympians and that the US probably doesnt get gold without him. The International community is catching up. Euroleague basketball isnt something to sneeze at anymore.
    People forgot real fast that the US was looking to flame out of the Olympics till Durant and co. showed up after deep playoff runs in the US. They lost to France without him in the opening rounds.

Durant was the main reason the US won in the Olympics this time, and there's a very good chance that unless Team USA puts in more effort into team play and running an offense and a defense on a legit level from the start, that next time they might not be so lucky.

They have the better players, but they also put zero time and preparation into their tournament runs. At some point that's going to cost them, I have no doubt.

- - - Updated - - -

Just seen Miles Bridges' wife's post on social, and yeah, fas as I care they can kick Miles from the NBA never to return.

Disgusting as DV is in general, doing it to your wife in front of your kids and then showing zero remorse is where I think any rational person will agree that someone has no place in society, let alone a job in the most prestigious league in the world.

Let him rot.

15+ Year Old Account
    People forgot real fast that the US was looking to flame out of the Olympics till Durant and co. showed up after deep playoff runs in the US. They lost to France without him in the opening rounds.

Durant was the main reason the US won in the Olympics this time, and there's a very good chance that unless Team USA puts in more effort into team play and running an offense and a defense on a legit level from the start, that next time they might not be so lucky.

They have the better players, but they also put zero time and preparation into their tournament runs. At some point that's going to cost them, I have no doubt.
    I really could not care less, or think it’s less of an accomplishment in terms of player highlights. They’re expected to win and that’ll keep happening until they don’t. The other teams might be competitive, but as you said, it’s more because of how little US guys put into it. And still win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I really could not care less, or think it’s less of an accomplishment in terms of player highlights. They’re expected to win and that’ll keep happening until they don’t. The other teams might be competitive, but as you said, it’s more because of how little US guys put into it. And still win.
    The US Men's team only won the bronze in 2004. That team had LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Tim Duncan, Allen Iverson, Dwayne Wade, Stephon Marbury, Amar'e Stoudemire...

Granted, a bunch of them were young at the time, but still. A lot of future rings on this squad.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils