Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Patch 9.2.7 PTR - Build 44444

Patch 9.2.7 PTR - Build 44444
    A new build is on the way!

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    World of Warcraft Version 9.2.7 PTR

AUCTION HOUSE UPDATE: REGION-WIDE COMMODITIES
    • Auction Houses across all realms on a given region will now share commodity listings (gems, herbs, flasks, consumables, etc.). Items that aren’t commodities–like armor and weapons–will continue to be realm-specific.
      • Developers’ note: The Auction House you know and use today should look and feel exactly the same; it’ll just have way more buyers and sellers available to you for commodities. We’d love for players to hop on the PTR, copy over their characters, and help us test the Auction House across the entire PTR region. We might schedule a specific time in a few weeks for everyone to hop on at the same time to help stress it, details tbd.

USER INTERFACE AND ACCESSIBILITY
    • A new chat channel for searching or advertisement of services like raiding, dungeons, or PvP activities has been added: Trade (Services).
      • Developers’ note: The trade channel that’s been in the game for 18 years will continue to exist, but we wanted to add a new channel to direct messages about the request and advertisement of services like raiding, dungeons, or PvP activities. If you’re looking to buy or sell these kind of services, this is the channel for you! If you’re not interested in those, you can leave the channel and avoid the noise, or move it into its own chat tab. We believe that with this new distinction, you’ll be able to keep Trade chat for the traditional buying and selling of items and professions, and not other chatter.
    Last edited by chaud; 2022-06-30 at 09:32 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Oh no they are banning us using normal trade for normal moonguard shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, what an amazingly terrible change for people who actually try to make gold from the AH.

People will still use trade chat to chat with one another. However, I hope with this change it will move a lot of the spam like guilds or boosting services to another channel where I don't have to see it. More than likely this change will do nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hobskins View Post
    People will still use trade chat to chat with one another. However, I hope with this change it will move a lot of the spam like guilds or boosting services to another channel where I don't have to see it. More than likely this change will do nothing.
    Yeah, nobody gonna use the Services channel

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Wow, what an amazingly terrible change for people who actually try to make gold from the AH.
    Please, explain.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

How? Things will be a steadier, slightly lower price and you now have so many buyers and sellers that items will move extremely fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are they hoping for, exactly, with opening the auction house up for an entire region with regards to defined commodities?

Right!?!? It's just like real life where what's good for consumers is terrible for businesses. Total bullshit imo.

/s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Please, explain.
    It becomes practically impossible to manipulate the prices on commodities when the market is going to be so saturated with participants. The abundance of the goods will kill prices, and trying to get your shit sold is going to be even harder when you're competing against hundreds/thousands of other sellers instead of dozens.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    Right!?!? It's just like real life where what's good for consumers is terrible for businesses. Total bullshit imo.

/s
    Its almost like a video game isn't real life, and I'd like to enjoy a power fantasy in a video game I play for fun.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2022-06-30 at 10:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

oh nice now poeple on smaller servers cant just buyout all the stuff to manipulate prices

Making a new Trade (Services) channel doesn't mean shit if it doesn't come with "Players who continue to advertise on any other public channel will have actions taken against their account!"

Will be interesting to see how the region AH works. Particularly if it's even usable when thousands of people try to buy and sell particular items at the same time without an endless result of "That item is no longer available"

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Yeah, nobody gonna use the Services channel
    They will have to to net get reported though.

It becomes practically impossible to manipulate the prices on commodities when the market is going to be so saturated with participants. The abundance of the goods will kill prices, and trying to get your shit sold is going to be even harder when you're competing against hundreds/thousands of other sellers instead of dozens.
    My heart bleeds.

This is huge for smaller realms! I wonder if they're going to block you from buying anything other than the cheapest auctions this way, otherwise they've also given us a way to move unlimited gold across realms - Which again, would be great!

7+ Year Old Account
    oh god finally a boosting chat to get rid of all the spam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    My heart bleeds.

This is huge for smaller realms! I wonder if they're going to block you from buying anything other than the cheapest auctions this way, otherwise they've also given us a way to move unlimited gold across realms - Which again, would be great!
    You're already blocked from buying anything other than the cheapest auctions first when buying commodities, it has been that way since at least the start of SL.
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

You're already blocked from buying anything other than the cheapest auctions first when buying commodities, it has been that way since at least the start of SL.
    Ahh, I've not played for a few months so I couldn't remember. There's always weird old meta gems & cogwheels you can list at crazy prices to move gold across, I suppose Wouldn't be too hard to move gold across unless they limited it to current expansion stuff only...

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    You... haven't bought trade goods, flasks, or commodities have you

I think if you're complaining about market manipulation being harder to do you need to take a second to consider your position on the issue.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    What are they hoping for, exactly, with opening the auction house up for an entire region with regards to defined commodities?
    Dead servers being able to purchase things at a decent cost? I'm all for this!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I think if you're complaining about market manipulation being harder to do you need to take a second to consider your position on the issue.
    I have considered my position quite thoroughly, I did back when I got into playing the AH for the 3 months I was subbed to SL. I'm totally fine with market manipulation in a video game, because it isn't the real world. The consequences are quite literally immaterial, the value of everything is fictitious and the good themselves are also fictitious.

I get why it is a bad thing in real life, but I don't get why people would be objecting to the principle of it in a video game (aside from it slightly inconveniencing them).