Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    1+ Year Old Account
    Literally nothing about it excites me, not even a little.

I made the mistake of listening to an old guildmate without looking into it, and now I'm stuck playing for six months with nothing to really look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    - The Tinker class.

And just like that, any opinions you have are instantly discarded.
    Last edited by CrittenMitten; 2022-07-01 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post

I highly doubt that anyone beyond the top 50 will swap for trash. The choice isn't interesting and doesn't make the system better but it just shows that the option exists

I imagine some classes like rogues will follow the dk example and the interrupt will be essentially there all the time

The tomes though...my scribe will love it

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, you're probably right, people will just go out of their way to skip trash and only 5 out of the 20 people who participate on trash when you need to do it will respec anyways.
    www.twitch.tv/rtrain

Free Agent! Looking for Guild for Legion!

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    With more bugs than not too?
    Yes. Either players here never really experienced it, or they forgot what actual discovery is like.

I would take a zero outside tested, zero beta expansion any day of the friggin week over one that's had everyone and their mother play testing it for months. Bring on all the bugs, all the wonky interactions, all the undiscovered OP combos that are sure to get nerfed.

You know how uninspiring and outright lame it is to have video guides up for everything BEFORE release?

Starting fresh, every single person on the same footing, day 1 knowledge is zero. Now THAT'S an experience.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrittenMitten View Post
    And just like that, any opinions you have are instantly discarded.
    It's going to be interesting to see how many upset people are going to be on this forum once Microsoft makes it a thing.

I imagine you were the same way when MOP was released? Because you sound like the people who were riled up about pandas in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam552 View Post
    Was excited at announcement but the silence and lack of new info has ruined the hype for me now.

I expect a cut-down expansion, which releases before any player feedback from alpha/beta has had its chance to come through.
    Except half of the things that people have said throughout SL were things that "should have been that way from the start" or "told them about during the beta" were not things that should have been that way from the start so I'd be fine if they got little feedback since the players seem to be entitled little snowflakes on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleu42 View Post
    I would take a zero outside tested, zero beta expansion any day of the friggin week over one that's had everyone and their mother play testing it for months. Bring on all the bugs, all the wonky interactions, all the undiscovered OP combos that are sure to get nerfed.

You know how uninspiring and outright lame it is to have video guides up for everything BEFORE release?

Starting fresh, every single person on the same footing, day 1 knowledge is zero. Now THAT'S an experience.
    I wish Blizz would go this way, however they'd really need to change their internal testing to accommodate it. I suppose the low-hanging fruit joke is "with how much Blizz ignores feedback on the alpha/beta, it wouldn't feel any different." Honestly, they do listen to some feedback, but the way they operate and manage their testing phases has gotten worse and worse over time. It's almost like Blizz feels like they have to let players test out of obligation, but don't put in the proper structure or guidance for feedback that is needed to make it worthwhile.

Outside of a very small group of testers, most people just go onto the beta or PTR to dick around or see the content, but they don't test it nor provide feedback. Probably can never avoid this unless they started restricting invites to people who actually give feedback in a previous testing phase. However, Blizz rarely ever told the players what specifically they're looking at or what feedback they're looking for, or the scope was so vague it could be anything. This causes several problems, but the main issue is that feedback they receive that could be important but not related to what they're looking for gets ignore or thrown out. This is the best case scenario of what happens to all the feedback about systems and issues in the testing phase that make it to live that 'catch Blizz by surprise' somehow... worst case, they just don't care or ignore it for other reasons. Regardless, I don't think the player testing model is in a good spot, and now would be the time to axe it if internal testing can deal with it.

However, I don't see this happening soon because they don't have the bodies to do this. Maybe that new absorbed company would provide the bodies they need to do proper internal testing? Who knows.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Except half of the things that people have said throughout SL were things that "should have been that way from the start" or "told them about during the beta" were not things that should have been that way from the start
    Like what?

Freely swappable Covenants? Refundable legendaries? Freer access to Torghast?

Or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Rtrain View Post
    Eh, you're probably right, people will just go out of their way to skip trash and only 5 out of the 20 people who participate on trash when you need to do it will respec anyways.
    the amount of trash packs that are super dangerous will either be skipped or worked out with stuns
    i know DH will keep their interrupts because its a dps increase
    warriors have insane stuns
    idk a single mage that wont have spellsteal because it is so freaking useful

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Except half of the things that people have said throughout SL were things that "should have been that way from the start" or "told them about during the beta" were not things that should have been that way from the start so I'd be fine if they got little feedback since the players seem to be entitled little snowflakes on these forums.
    swappable covenants
    valor
    maw and leveling skips
    conduit swapping made easy

yeah those are totally bad because now
    i can play with all 4 new abilities my class was given instead of waiting two weeks just because
    i get rewards for doing content daily that i then use to upgrade my gear
    leveling now works THE SAME IT HAS SINCE WoD
    i can also play multiple specs

People were mad that borrowed power was so important. They remove borrowed power. People are mad that there the expansion seems boring. It's actually hilarious.

Personally I think the new class is 100x more interesting than a Tinker class would have been. The dragon riding and profession revamps both seem interesting. Seems like it'll be fine, there will just be less to do outside of arenas/raiding/m+, which considering the content that usually exists outside of those things is just a massive grind I don't see the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    Bugs used to be the spice that makes the game fun. Like going out of bounds in a zone, climbing on top of a building in a nofly zone, or npcs spawning instantly.

So long as you dont get stuck unable to progress further, bugs aren't that bad.
    Quests not working, getting stuck, NPCs not spawning.. you can't honestly believe bugs are only fun/quirky things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bleu42 View Post
    Yes. Either players here never really experienced it, or they forgot what actual discovery is like.

Having played since Vanilla, yes I do know. It's just an ideal world dream scenario though, considering how much free testing and advertising (mainly advertising) a public beta is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how we have come to the point where we can call content we have yet to even experience boring. Then again, welcome to the player's world, if there is nothing they like, it is boring. Not much I like in it either but just like Shadowlands, my judgment will be after the expansion is over. Shadowlands overall has a bad rating for me, the winning points are as always, art/music, and 9.2/9.2.5, and soon 9.2.7.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    People were mad that borrowed power was so important. They remove borrowed power. People are mad that there the expansion seems boring. It's actually hilarious.

Personally I think the new class is 100x more interesting than a Tinker class would have been. The dragon riding and profession revamps both seem interesting. Seems like it'll be fine, there will just be less to do outside of arenas/raiding/m+, which considering the content that usually exists outside of those things is just a massive grind I don't see the problem.
    You know, borrowed power and content/interesting features are not the same. Having features that disappear after an expansion is annoying, we still want features, just that they stay around and build up the game overtime.

The things that dragonflight have currently announced as "features" are also alright, but there is just very little gameplay in them. Its starting to look a little like WoD, where the game had a lot of fluf, but outside the daily grind, there was very little to do in them.

Revamp of professions and talents is nice, same with dragon riding, but that is stuff that should come as a bonus, not as the main attraction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I like how we have come to the point where we can call content we have yet to even experience boring. Then again, welcome to the player's world, if there is nothing they like, it is boring. Not much I like in it either but just like Shadowlands, my judgment will be after the expansion is over. Shadowlands overall has a bad rating for me, the winning points are as always, art/music, and 9.2/9.2.5, and soon 9.2.7.
    Unless you are ready to waste 2 years of subscrption, maybe it is good make atleast initial judgment on observation. Besides, previous experience have shown that such observations often are right.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lmao you dont even know.
    You judge a book by its cover.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

You're not special for remembering old talents. And cookie cutter builds are literally always a thing, as they are now.
    At least with the DF system you can have 2 people play the same class/spec and still have different talents because you already have enough interrupts or other abilities.

- - - Updated - - -
    I didn't say I was special...I was responding to someone that said you must not have played with the old system. We can revisit this comment in a year. I bet everyone will be playing the same talents with the exception of few people that just want to be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Izthak View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see how many upset people are going to be on this forum once Microsoft makes it a thing.

I imagine you were the same way when MOP was released? Because you sound like the people who were riled up about pandas in the game.
    Except it has 0 to do with that, if you were on the forum longer you'd know. But let me explain. Over the past few expansions we had metric fuckton of Tinker fanboys making accounts, alt accounts etc to twist every expansion thread to Tinker, at their head is Teriz, the worst offender by far. Every time they get proven wrong, the goalpost switch with:
    "NONONO! I mean next expansion fur realz!"

Or as Teriz now does
    "No! I never said tinker like ever! You just can't read. I meant a HOTS class!!!"

People are sick and tired of ingorant posters twisting everything towards a class.

10+ Year Old Account
    So OP, DF is boring? Tell me about how you've played the expansion. What are the dungeons like? What do they have for end game activities? How was the leveling design? Are the armor sets good? Have you done the raid yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moose184 View Post
    My god am I tired of people demanding a Tinker class.
    We have a club. We meet to complain about Tinker fans every Tuesday.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    For me the difference is only geographical. We will have a map (with mountains, rivers, castles, world quests etc) with dragons everywhere. This is at most something that gives us curiosity... and not excitement.

Of course, this is subjective. I will probably, after reaching lvl 70, be in Thorghast doing "legacy content" to finish catching all the shoulders xmogs.
    This expansion (until what has been shown so far) is lacking that "flavor" that we felt in WTLK with the arrival of DK (something that the base player really wanted), or in Legion with the arrival of DH (something that the player base really wanted). BFA gave us several allied races (which people really asked for for a long time like zandallaris trolls and Mag'Har Orcs) and also the Warmode (which saved a lot of people's lives). In SL at the beginning they showed us the amazing xmogs of sanctum of domination (which I remember perfectly made people crazy) and also the zone "the maw" and Torghast which was a curious new game within the game.

With what's been shown so far about DragonFlight (and they always show "the expansion's best goal" right at the beginning of the release) I'm not even 5% excited as I was in the other expansions.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention that even the DF cinematic was by far the most boring of them all. The audience was totally disconnected with that cinematic because it doesn't give us ANY ELEMENTS to get us excited. Compare that to BFA's cinematic for example that had the audience at Blizzcon screaming along with Sylvanas' banshee form...
    This sums up my feelings so far as well. Its the first expansion that I haven't jumped on the pre-order for. Its just boring, at least what they have shown so far which is concerning for a game coming out in 7 months. The new race just looks weird, I know that is subjective, but even its casting is strange. Oh well, maybe I am finally hitting a wall with this game after nearly 2 decades.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    People are sick and tired of ingorant posters twisting everything towards a class.
    You make it sound like there's only three people who would like to see that class. Also, that doesn't match up with what I've seen of the discussion thus far in a handful of threads I've browsed through. If anyone's moving goalposts, it's the people coming up with excuses about why they don't want the class. "We already have engineering" "we're tired of people talking about them" "it's just one person using tons of alt accounts" etc.

It's sheer demand, history, and appropriateness to the setting almost assures that it'll be included eventually. Especially with Microsoft taking over.

Yea, I mean you can't even play Dragonflight. BOOOOORRRRRRING!!!!!!