Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dragonriding Dragons

Would Dragon NPCs and mobs use Dragonriding movements or would they boringly fly normally?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Would Dragon NPCs and mobs use Dragonriding movements or would they boringly fly normally?
    That one I think we'll have to wait for F&F Alpha, or Beta to get confirmed.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I just thought that thread will be about Dracthyr riding other dragons and that felt weird...

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I just thought that thread will be about Dracthyr riding other dragons and that felt weird...
    Good question. Would Dracthyr be able to use Dragonriding movements?

I hope that Dracthyr just transform into a dragon to fly instead of a humanoid form riding the dragon.

Good question. Would Dracthyr be able to use Dragonriding movements?
    At the moment, we have the answer that Dractyhr can do the dragonriding in their true form, but they can't upgrade it, upgrade dragonriding will need the dragon mount (which forces them into visage form)

This is most of what I could find. Dragon riding seems pretty much separated from regular flying, so Dragon Riding will revolve around your dragon companion and flying will be about your regular mounts.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/full-fl...nflight-326874

At launch, in the first or second zone, you'll gain the trust of a Dragon companion and you'll be able to call it in the Dragon Isles. It's not too experienced in flying at the start and has limited Stamina, but as your Bond grows will allow you to loosen those restrictions. Long term, flying with your regular mounts is still the plan. It should feel good from the start, and should only get better from there.

https://fr.wowhead.com/news/ion-hazz...-renown-326789

-Dracthyr will have access to the baseline form of dragonriding using their own wings, but the "upgraded versions that players will earn through dragonriding" will require using the dragon companion.
    -This also allows dracthyr to engage with a dragon companion like every other race, and all the visual customization that comes with it.
    -Dragonriding dracthyr will use their visage (humanoid) form, since "dragon riding dragon gets a little weird."
    -Dracthyr can fly outside of the Dragon Isles without a mount, though it's more like an enhanced form of gliding than actual flight.

https://fr.wowhead.com/news/dragonfl...amiliar-326772

https://www.breakflip.com/fr/world-o...k-dawson-36185

+ a little interview in French where they state that Dragon riding and flying will be two different things :

These are effectively two systems in their own right. The second one is based on physic, the use of inertia to throw yourself higher in the air, do a barrel roll, etc. It is not regular flying, it's more of a system to explore new options. Dragon riding is deeper in terms of customization. When you get a mount, that's all, you get a mount and it's over. With Dragon Riding, you can customize all elements of your dragon (head, tail, body, etc.)
    Last edited by DatToffer; 2022-07-01 at 08:02 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    This is most of what I could find. Dragon riding seems pretty much separated from regular flying, so Dragon Riding will revolve around your dragon companion and flying will be about your regular mounts.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/full-fl...nflight-326874

At launch, in the first or second zone, you'll gain the trust of a Dragon companion and you'll be able to call it in the Dragon Isles. It's not too experienced in flying at the start and has limited Stamina, but as your Bond grows will allow you to loosen those restrictions. Long term, flying with your regular mounts is still the plan. It should feel good from the start, and should only get better from there.

https://fr.wowhead.com/news/ion-hazz...-renown-326789

-Dracthyr will have access to the baseline form of dragonriding using their own wings, but the "upgraded versions that players will earn through dragonriding" will require using the dragon companion.
    -This also allows dracthyr to engage with a dragon companion like every other race, and all the visual customization that comes with it.
    -Dragonriding dracthyr will use their visage (humanoid) form, since "dragon riding dragon gets a little weird."
    -Dracthyr can fly outside of the Dragon Isles without a mount, though it's more like an enhanced form of gliding than actual flight.

https://fr.wowhead.com/news/dragonfl...amiliar-326772

https://www.breakflip.com/fr/world-o...k-dawson-36185

+ a little interview in French where they state that Dragon riding and flying will be two different things :

These are effectively two systems in their own right. The second one is based on physic, the use of inertia to throw yourself higher in the air, do a barrel roll, etc. It is not regular flying, it's more of a system to explore new options. Dragon riding is deeper in terms of customization. When you get a mount, that's all, you get a mount and it's over. With Dragon Riding, you can customize all elements of your dragon (head, tail, body, etc.)
    You also get four different drake mounts at launch - the normal drake, a protodrake, a velocidrake and a wyvern. Also both the riding and the customizations will be account wide. I just hope every alt is able to customize their own dragons, but they did that with pokopoc already so I'm not really anxious about that.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    You also get four different drake mounts at launch - the normal drake, a protodrake, a velocidrake and a wyvern. Also both the riding and the customizations will be account wide. I just hope every alt is able to customize their own dragons, but they did that with pokopoc already so I'm not really anxious about that.
    Yeah this is something I overlooked as I thought we'd have to commit to one dragon body type, lol

The customization options being account wide is really cool. I'm still bummed that Soulshape for examples are not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Yeah this is something I overlooked as I thought we'd have to commit to one dragon body type, lol

The customization options being account wide is really cool. I'm still bummed that Soulshape for examples are not.
    I actually prefer soulshapes to not be account wide, simple because the "summon a random soulshape" option does exist, and right now you can't blacklist soulshapes. At this stage it would mess up all my alts soulshapes who only collected the ones that fit with their character concepts.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I actually prefer soulshapes to not be account wide, simple because the "summon a random soulshape" option does exist, and right now you can't blacklist soulshapes. At this stage it would mess up all my alts soulshapes who only collected the ones that fit with their character concepts.
    That's actually understandable. I enjoy the random soulshape thing, but I wish more like the random mount thing, where you select one among your favorites. (Problem now being, the favorites are account wide too...)

15+ Year Old Account
    Press one to flap and go up, press two to do a barrel-roll and make speed. Do nothing you slowly fall down. I really don't expect it to be more then that. Maybe some air currents that you can follow to give you a speed boost. And decorate your dragon-mount if your into that.... : /

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    At the moment, we have the answer that Dractyhr can do the dragonriding in their true form, but they can't upgrade it, upgrade dragonriding will need the dragon mount (which forces them into visage form)
    I know this but every time I read it again it sounds so stupid. Play a dragon! But not when you are using the main feature of the expansion, you are stuck as an underwear model for that!

How long did it take for them to add NPCs that properly jumped, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Are there any that actually do it outside of island expeditions? Thats the only place I think Ive seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    Are there any that actually do it outside of island expeditions? Thats the only place I think Ive seen it.
    Not that I'm aware of. Aside from the battleground brawl.

I do not know if they showed it or not but I bet dragonriding or whatever is called will be the same as blade and souls soul riding or whatever it is called. You go to a point, stand, push a button and you start flying doing some fancy jumps and moves on the go automatically. I can already imagine the dragon making some loops, corkscrews etc.

You know what's cuter?? We're going to spend two years or more customizing our dragons... and in the expansion that comes after DF... all of that will disappear. So don't create too much love with your Snatch Dragon. He will only live 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    14 years. In BfA, with Island AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I know this but every time I read it again it sounds so stupid. Play a dragon! But not when you are using the main feature of the expansion, you are stuck as an underwear model for that!
    My hope is that one doesn't stay because even when Ion was talking about it, he didn't sound certain about it. It wouldn't be any weirder or more arbitrary than the wolf mount(s) that don't force Worgen into their human form.

Just seems arbitrary for the sake of being arbitrary