Page 84 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    No one did that. Again, nice try. +social credits for you I guess.
    He is hoping that if he's a big enough "ally" some woman will some day sleep with him.

Too bad, they don't do that. He can continue to purse them by full time posting on MMO champ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Are people still whinging about Kathleen Kennedy? Christ, how pathetic can people be? This is one of the dumbest conversations I've seen in this sub-forum, and that's saying something.

Does anyone actually care about a shirt she wore?
    Nope because if they actually cared they would have

A) Looked into the context of the shirt and realized it has nothing to do with what they claim it does.

or

B) Abandoned the franchise years ago.

Some people love to be outraged.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    People reward the nostalgia milking, tho. Mandalorian was one of the few Star Wars works that had nothing to do with the Skywalkers but even so people cheered when they shoved Luke in it.
    And remove the Mandalorian outfit that looks like Boba Fets armor and have him use something else and the show also wouldn't be as populaire.

People always, on forums, scream that they want original content (games and cinema) but the reason why we aren't getting original stuff is that when studios do come up with new stuff they aren't rewarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Yes.

That's sort of the point. When I'm saying it's unable to move on, the implication is that it's... always in the same place.

"But it's always been like that!" is a point to criticize, not a feature to praise.
    Except when you look at some of these posts here..they're acting like it's some new thing invented by Disney.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Quit this derailing, immediately. All of you know this is offtopic for this subforum. Go take your complaining about social agendas to GenOT.
    The problem with warnings like this is you don't see them til after you already reply to a post above the warning.............................................................................
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Yes.

That's sort of the point. When I'm saying it's unable to move on, the implication is that it's... always in the same place.

"But it's always been like that!" is a point to criticize, not a feature to praise.
    There is no problem with criticism.
    There is a difference between "Disney isn't taking risks to expand what Star Wars is." vs "Disney doesn't understand Star Wars and is ruining it!"

If something has always been like that, the second complaint is invalid because Disney would understand Star Wars if they doing what Star Wars always did.
    The first is valid criticism.

For example, I feel Lucasfilm took the wrong lesson from TLJ blacklash and why Solo flopped. Solo made it so they are afraid to recast characters for younger stories (outside of child versions.) And TLJ made it so they are afraid to step outside of the shadow that the OT casts.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-06-30 at 01:24 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    It has nothing to do with shoes. It's an ad slogan we are talking here. It's on t-shirts. Stay on topic.
    imagine if George Lucas had worn a t-shirt "The Force is Male" I just wonder what the reaction would be...

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    imagine if SNIP.........
    The Critical Drinker always delivers.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    it's super easy, barely an inconvenience!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure don't form your own opinion, let youtubers decide for you.

He's a fucking moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    it's super easy, barely an inconvenience! SNIP.....
    Normally, I don't think I could handle that sarcastic voice for to long but what he says is so true and funny it works. Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Sure don't form your own opinion, let youtubers decide for you.
    I did. It just so happens to match theirs.

I did. It just so happens to match theirs.
    You don't get it, you can't let youtubers decide what you think! Instead you must fall in line with what the billion/trillion dollar companies decide and eat every scrap they toss to us and decide it is the greatest thing ever!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    You don't get it, you can't let youtubers decide what you think! Instead you must fall in line with what the billion/trillion dollar companies decide and eat every scrap they toss to us and decide it is the greatest thing ever!!!!
    Nan i hear it’s better to obsessively hate watch every thing they put out, then obsessively watch people making videos that do the same to keep driving traffic and marketing towards the thing you hate.

That’s how you really do it!
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Oh I got what he was trying to say. He is under some misconception that I hadn't already made my opinion about the show well before seeing any of those videos.
    He is mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Nan i hear it’s better to obsessively hate watch every thing they put out, then obsessively watch people making videos that do the same to keep driving traffic and marketing towards the thing you hate.

That’s how you really do it!
    I haven't touched Kenobi directly (I have friends to suffer through it for me, I had to watch WoT instead), so good try, keep gobbling up this garbage heap of media that Disney shovels out. I also never said I watch the guy/video either, but since you seem to think Kenobi was good guess ignorant is your default state.
    Last edited by bledgor; 2022-07-01 at 02:59 PM.
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

I haven't touched Kenobi, so good try, keep gobbling up this garbage heap of media that Disney shovels out. I also never said I watch the guy/video either, but since you seem to think Kenobi was good guess ignorant is your default state.
    Woo, get a load of the edge on the guy with the anime profile pic.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I already made my opinion about the show well before seeing any of those videos.
    Reminded me of this:
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I haven't touched Kenobi directly (I have friends to suffer through it for me, I had to watch WoT instead), so good try, keep gobbling up this garbage heap of media that Disney shovels out. I also never said I watch the guy/video either, but since you seem to think Kenobi was good guess ignorant is your default state.
    Ya you don’t “touch it directly” just give them more views/marketing/traffic by sharing accounts, that will surely show them! Keep hate watching keep talking about the thing you hate it’s the only way to slay the beast!
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Woo, get a load of the edge on the guy with the anime profile pic.
    Got me good mate, especially he anime profile pic from 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Ya you don’t “touch it directly” just give them more views/marketing/traffic by sharing accounts, that will surely show them! Keep hate watching keep talking about the thing you hate it’s the only way to slay the beast!
    Unlike you I have a few friends I trust their opinions on, and we collectively like to make sure something is good/bad before we make opinions/consume something. With Disney almost everything has been a miss lately so one person who feels the best about a show watches it and tells the rest of us if it is worth it. So instead of 5 of us watching the show, one does, meaning they get 20% of the viewers they could have gotten. Kenobi as I was told was a complete mess that fucked with lore and was nonsensical at many points, so hard pass.

The only "marketing" I have done is WHEN ASKED told people I would not recommend watching it if they like the character Kenobi, hardly making them money.

I know this is above your normal level of thought, but figured you might want to be informed for once, before I go back to ignoring you. Enjoy the taste of crappy media.
    Last edited by bledgor; 2022-07-01 at 03:12 PM.