Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Now? This has always been a big part of most content creators channels. They either do gameplay, or you go there for the creator themselves and their opinions/personality. You see similar expressions of personal opinion at gaming news sites as well, there's been a big shift towards personal brands that have proven more profitable/popular.

Some do, some don't. But this is the same for literally any business entity - Blizzard, Microsoft, IGN, Bellular, the lot of them are primarily focused on making money. Companies because they often have a fiduciary obligation to do so for their shareholders, and content creators because they like their job and have to pay the bills. Very few people/companies are doing this with a purely altruistic intent since altruism doesn't pay the rent.

Are they creating that emotion? I'd argue not really for the most part, they're simply giving it a megaphone of sorts and they get views because people agree with them (or are hate-watching).
    That explains something.

Maybe I'm the emotional. I feel like youtubers are misleading and the result can be seen in people's attitude. Or the general toxicity(not that I'm a great example).

Can't believe that people are watching Bellular and co.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-07-01 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    That explains something.

Maybe I'm the emotional. I feel like youtubers are misleading and the result can be seen in people's attitude. Or the general toxicity(not that I'm a great example).

Can't believe that people are watching Bellular and co.
    They can be! Many lean pretty hard on clickbait, but that's largely due to them needing to play with YouTube's algorithms and clickbait is how you get your videos promoted more often to get views. Some like doing that garbage, but plenty hate that they have to make videos that way. It's like when the algorithm changes which video length it prefers to promote and content creators have to either cut or add time onto their videos to stay in that "sweet spot".

I'm in no way blanket defending the quality of content from most of these folks - most I come across are pretty trash and have absolutely nothing remotely interesting, insightful, or unique to say. But folks want to listen to them, so they're satisfying and existing demand for that type of content. You see this across genres/games, especially as "types" of videos for specific audiences become more commonplace (see: This Example of how Battlefield creators structure their content for 2042, both in terms of thumbnail design and content.) so it's not like Blizzard is getting singled out.

But more topically, when a popular company goes to the shits - as Blizzards reputation has in recent years, especially following the multiple lawsuits - community sentiment/opinion shifts as well. Which causes shifts for content creators and media, both organically as they often have similar opinions/reactions to the rest of us, but also (and this varies depending on the person/organization) to stay in-line with the sentiment/content that's getting traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They can be! Many lean pretty hard on clickbait, but that's largely due to them needing to play with YouTube's algorithms and clickbait is how you get your videos promoted more often to get views. Some like doing that garbage, but plenty hate that they have to make videos that way. It's like when the algorithm changes which video length it prefers to promote and content creators have to either cut or add time onto their videos to stay in that "sweet spot".

I'm in no way blanket defending the quality of content from most of these folks - most I come across are pretty trash and have absolutely nothing remotely interesting, insightful, or unique to say. But folks want to listen to them, so they're satisfying and existing demand for that type of content. You see this across genres/games, especially as "types" of videos for specific audiences become more commonplace (see: This Example of how Battlefield creators structure their content for 2042, both in terms of thumbnail design and content.) so it's not like Blizzard is getting singled out.

But more topically, when a popular company goes to the shits - as Blizzards reputation has in recent years, especially following the multiple lawsuits - community sentiment/opinion shifts as well. Which causes shifts for content creators and media, both organically as they often have similar opinions/reactions to the rest of us, but also (and this varies depending on the person/organization) to stay in-line with the sentiment/content that's getting traffic.
    Thank you. I can honestly have my closure.

The premise was that I didn't know any of this. Yet something was "off". I will put this lid on and never to watch any of this crap. It changed my view.

Quote Originally Posted by petrderbikov View Post
    --
    Is that what you're going to advertise next after you advertised that torrent website?
    Last edited by Rozz; 2022-09-08 at 04:17 PM.

To be fair, I don't think it's just a youtuber thing. People get hyped about new expansions or patches thinking theyll be amazing and then 2-3 months after release that effect sort of wears off and the bad things become more apparent as the good thing's charm wears off. And then the cycle repeats

15+ Year Old Account
    I think he is okay, a fanboy but cant expect someone to sit and do WoW videos and 80% of them spew shit on BLZ.

Just wish he cut down on his meaningless array of useless words. What he speak about in a video that is lets say 10min long could have been said in 2min.
    Now I totally get its time consuming to make content and every content creator wash it out with extra blabla, but he is doing it on too of a level.
    Always interrupting his own argument hes laying forward to go off on a tangent.

Kind of annoying.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who complains about clickbait titles or thumbnails is an idiot. If you can't even bother to talk about what was actually in the video, why even discuss it?

Every youtuber has clickbait now. Many of them talk about why. Their videos with clickbait just do 2-3 times better than non clickbait ones. They're trying to earn a living off of this. What do they do, not use clickbait and get shit on, or use clickbait titles and make much more money?

But as I've always said, the content is always important and so many people just dismiss a video because of the cover. What's that old saying, something about not judging things by initial appearances? I realize 10 years ago clickbait used to be low information quick cash grabs from sites like buzzfeed, but these days it's everywhere, even on videos from Legal Eagle.

I find it hilarious that people think there's some kind of "formula" and cycles of Blizzard hate. Reality is that Blizzard fucks up A LOT. That's just a fact. Trying to claim people are capitalizing on it is not entirely wrong, but this claim always takes the blame off Blizzard. Why? Because many people just want to make these youtubers look bad since they're so in love with Blizzard who is perfect in every way and could never make a mistake, obviously!

The hilarious part of all this is, Bellular and his team always use facts and figures pulled from legitimate sources and people still dismiss it because they're deepthroating Blizzard so hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I think he is okay, a fanboy but cant expect someone to sit and do WoW videos and 80% of them spew shit on BLZ.

Just wish he cut down on his meaningless array of useless words. What he speak about in a video that is lets say 10min long could have been said in 2min.
    Now I totally get its time consuming to make content and every content creator wash it out with extra blabla, but he is doing it on too of a level.
    Always interrupting his own argument hes laying forward to go off on a tangent.

Kind of annoying.
    You can blame youtube for the length. Their videos are usually about 20 min long even though most of the information is in the first 3 minutes. Why? Because the youtube system encourages videos to be around 20 minutes for max revenue on a video. So they make many 20 min videos out of multiple different topics and talk at length about them.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2022-09-09 at 03:35 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Al Snow does a great explainer on how toxic fandom ruins a thing.
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge..."

Government Affiliated Snark

Naturally, there are now many such youtubers on the Internet who only blog for money. And of course they will do that. I'll tell you more, they can build up an audience on their channel using www.socialplug.io/ as an example, and then think wow, what a popular blogger I'll watch it and, accordingly, this blogger starts earning more money. So I do not look at the number of subscribers, likes and other things. For me, the indicator is the quality of the content.