Many great news. JP is showering players again and it's looking dope so far.

Savage dungeons is great addition as well, I hope is just a foundation and first iteration for something bigger to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm glad WoW never added highschool uniforms or puppy mounts. I'd prefer for my fantasy settings to be immersive fantasy worlds different from my own thank you very much.
    Because WoW doesn't have Santa hats, a rock band, formal dresses like you see IRL, and a shot load of other things you'd find IRL.

Come on dude. I understand the point you're trying to make, but your take that WoW DOESN'T have these kinds of things is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like i finally have to do hildibrandt quests...

I like that we finally get some information on Island Sanctuary. And it sounds like Square's take on Player Garrison (but this being FFXIV, will have a way better implementation with no command table lol). And the things gathered there seem to be exclusive to it instead of what Blizzard did with Garrisons.

Also; 6.2 doubling the Glamour chest capacity is a good step forward.

The Void, another planet, not getting a zone to explore... but a linear 15 minute long dungeon? Bleh.

No Eureka/Bozja zones for relics? Also disappointing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Square: hello
    Val: ugh, i fucking hate square

Pretty excited by the new announcements for 6.2
    More Glamour capacity is always good
    Last edited by Maljinwo; 2022-07-01 at 09:11 PM.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Seems like i finally have to do hildibrandt quests...
    If you're really not that big of a fan of Hildi, you can get through it really fast by skipping the cutscenes. I frankly find it a nice bit of wacky humor considering how serious the MSQ can get, but I know it's a subjective taste. And to be fair, 14 is kinda well known for making older content relevant again by tying in our Relic weapons to it.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    I like that we finally get some information on Island Sanctuary. And it sounds like Square's take on Player Garrison (but this being FFXIV, will have a way better implementation with no command table lol). And the things gathered there seem to be exclusive to it instead of what Blizzard did with Garrisons.

Also; 6.2 doubling the Glamour chest capacity is a good step forward.
    I'm still keeping my expectations on Island Sanctuary's rock low, if only because I'm not wanting to build something up in my head only to have it dashed towards the end of things. As it is, though, it does sound like their own idea on Garrisons and a few people even suggested it being like Rune Factory, but we'll have to see. I can already see me losing so much time to this if it's even halfway as polished as some of their other content.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Square: hello
    Val: ugh, i fucking hate square

Pretty excited by the new announcements for 6.2
    I mean.... are you really that surprised? There's a reason why when ever someone new comes in and ask a question and he pops up in a thread, the rest of the posters tell the OP to ignore him.
    Last edited by MsSideEye; 2022-07-01 at 09:23 PM.

You guys could address the criticisms (Which seem rather valid) instead of leaping to "Fuck Val." right away.

Just sayin'

The Void, another planet, not getting a zone to explore... but a linear 15 minute long dungeon? Bleh.

No Eureka/Bozja zones for relics? Also disappointing.
    Hey, I have an idea, since you seem to love hating on the game so much.

Go play something else and fuck off.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    You guys could address the criticisms (Which seem rather valid) instead of leaping to "Fuck Val." right away.

Just sayin'
    I mean he only said "meh" and dissapointing

Id hardly call that "valid criticism"
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post

Just sayin'
    We would, if Val ever did anything OTHER than complain about 14. I've not been here that long, maybe a month or two at best, and even i can already tell that he kinda exists on this part of the forums for the sole purpose of talking crap about FF14.

Now, are there some legitimate problems he'll point out from time to time? Definitely. But for the most part, it's either him propping up WoW or even hating on MMOs in general.

Take the whole 'I'm glad WoW never added highschool uniforms or puppy mounts. I'd prefer for my fantasy settings to be immersive fantasy worlds different from my own thank you very much' bit for example. This is ignoring the fact that there were freaking MOTORCYCLES that were designed AND MADE in real life that were then put into WoW itself. He's pretty much putting his nose so high up into the air that he'll have to avoid airplanes from flying into him.

There's quite the difference in going 'I wish they'd done this instead of that' and talking down about something that isn't even out for us to experience yet. Val has been almost exclusively the later.
    Last edited by MsSideEye; 2022-07-01 at 09:56 PM.

I mean he only said "meh" and dissapointing

Id hardly call that "valid criticism"
    Not sure why that's any better or worse than, "Yay this!" posts.

You could always just say, "Hey Val, the void dungeon doesn't preclude further void content in the future." and that addresses it pretty well. You guys all just leaping straight to the personal attacks isn't a good look.

I'm glad WoW never added highschool uniforms or puppy mounts. I'd prefer for my fantasy settings to be immersive fantasy worlds different from my own thank you very much.
    I truly do not understand the appeal of adding “real” clothing to any fantasy games. I look like someone you’d find in FFIV. Not at your local shopping mall.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    I truly do not understand the appeal of adding “real” clothing to any fantasy games. I look like someone you’d find in FFIV. Not at your local shopping mall.
    Different tastes I guess. This being a japanese game, I assume anime influence some people and they like the japanese style uniforms
    I like bulky armor for example.
    Some people like showing off their cleavage

Hell, in final fantasy x you have a character dressing in a skirt made of belts

The franchise has always been pretty all over the place with the dressing code of their people

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    By that logic, half of the clothing in WoW should be removed then, considering how close to 'Real' clothing it is. Variety is the spice of life and no one is forcing you into using any of these 'real clothes'. Not to mention, 14's fantasy world is much more modern than WoW ever was designed for anyways.

Different tastes I guess. This being a japanese game, I assume anime influence some people and they like the japanese style uniforms
    I like bulky armor for example.
    Some people like showing off their cleavage

Hell, in final fantasy x you have a character dressing in a skirt made of belts

The franchise has always been pretty all over the place with the dressing code of their people
    Part of what you get when you've got the Kingdom Heart's creator as one of the major people who've had influence on the series as a whole. Not necessarily a bad thing, but differently odd at points.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MsSideEye View Post

Part of what you get when you've got the Kingdom Heart's creator as one of the major people who've had influence on the series as a whole. Not necessarily a bad thing, but differently odd at points.
    I havent seen THAT many zippers on clothing

I havent seen THAT many zippers on clothing
    He's actually been one of the major character designers for Final Fantasy. His main points of him being in charge of that have been FF7, 8, 10, and 10-2. There's a reason why Squall has so many belts, why Tidus has his weird outfit, and why all the characters from THOSE games specifically were the ones that were involved in Kingdom Hearts before it decided to go strictly Disney. He's also the major story writer for 10, which explains a lot of the story choices it had.

He's also the guy that designed Gaia and the Eden Bosses related to her in FF14, so yeah.

WoW literally added an overgrown kitty cat mount not long ago and did you forget about Shu-Zen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    WoW literally added an overgrown kitty cat mount not long ago and did you forget about Shu-Zen?

"immersive fantasy setting"

Though to be fair - he is not alone with this, i know of a few people (role player mostly) that use myriads of mods to remove anything they dont like (chicken/moogle costumes, cars, etc.)
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2022-07-02 at 10:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares. I mean the majority race is "Huuumaaaans" in both games, so naturally, humans will create human clothes.

In FF, modern clothing makes a lot more sense, because FF is far more developed than WoW from a technology point of view.

Frankly put: a tank in a platekini does the same to my immersion as a school girl uniform. It's not as if we had strict RP communities anyways and given FF's mishmash of medieval setting right up to starships, artifical intelligences and forcefields, I think it is absurd to limit one's imagination on what can be worn and what cannot be.
    To me, these kind of role players are the wannabe tryhards, comparable to terribly parsing, abusive players that tell you your gear is too crap if it isn't +10 item level above what the boss drops. Best to be avoided.

I'm with val in one respect: it's a bummer that the shadow world does not get it's own zone to explore but it kinda makes sense.
    There isn't much there anymore, even the Ascians wrote that world off.