Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So who gets to decide which is Propaganda or not? There's been plenty of times in recent years where something that has been called disinformation turns out to be the truth and vice versa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    They have had people on air talk about sam hyde being an active shooter... it's hard to find the links because he started bringing in lawsuits but it's a very common occurrence for journalist to just run with the first thing they are told and then retract later.
    A likely story.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    A likely story.
    It really is it's why it became such a wildly popular meme.

They have had people on air talk about sam hyde being an active shooter... it's hard to find the links because he started bringing in lawsuits but it's a very common occurrence for journalist to just run with the first thing they are told and then retract later.
    It's "very common" and yet you're strugging to find a link,
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

10+ Year Old Account
    It really is it's why it became such a wildly popular meme.
    Until you post something thats believable, I remain skeptical
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    It's "very common" and yet you're strugging to find a link,
    It was linked the article with the congressman had two other shootings he was reported as the shooter for... I get it literacy isn't your thing. I respect that so let's give you a video.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's one of them but there have been genuine news stations that have reported him as multiple mass shooters. Journalists are extremely poor judges of what is and isnt fake news.
    Yet they try to hard to pretend that they know what is right and what is factual, just look at the Depp vs Heard trial where they are still spreading misinformation about it as a good example. This is also what happens when you employ activists and don't force them to abide by your own social media and professional conduct standards like they should be.

But good luck ever proving that anyone here is state sponsored and not just someone parroting state media talking points.

Not a reason to start denying reality.
    Reality is not defined by what people say though, it doesn't mind being "denied" because no one can actually do that; denying that gravity exists will not allow you to fly in example.

The worries and complaints tend to come from those who peddle in particular views of reality, often mistaking them for reality itself. Issues arise when their views of reality diverge too far from true reality.

Which in turn is why we need many views to be expressed; one can never be certain one is not delusional. The same goes for any group of individuals (if not moreso; groupthink is poisonous).

Anything truly certain can and will defend itsrlf infinitely, for it can lean on true reality, not just a flawed view thereof. That is what science is ultimately about.
    Last edited by loras; 2022-07-01 at 02:40 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Why would they? It drives traffic to the website. $$$.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was linked the article with the congressman had two other shootings he was reported as the shooter for... I get it literacy isn't your thing. I respect that so let's give you a video.

snip vid
    Whats being said.

His name is possibly sam hyde.

What you heard.

We 100% think it's sam hyde.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Whats being said.

His name is possibly sam hyde.

What you heard.

We 100% think it's sam hyde.
    The video linked just says, "His name was released (as/its?) Sam Hyde"

But really, does it matter? If a major media outlet reported you as a shooter, would it ultimately matter if they said, "Orange Joe did it" or "Maybe Orange Joe did it" when it comes to the potential effect on you and your life?

It's just not a good look all around. Lets be honest, no matter what side of the line you stand on, we can all agree that sometimes even the most well-meaning media outlets jump the gun sometimes in an attempt to get the scoop.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Which side propaganda should be allowed?
    I'd say considering the OP's avatar, he's for state propaganda. Considering the backstory of the war going on there is undoubtedly caused by the west, USA, and more and more evidence coming out that some folks inside Ukraine are killing their own people to create fake news stories to garner more sympathy for them, while more hate for Russia. As with all folks who post material like this, this person has an agenda, he just wants to make sure that MMO-C, a gaming website, fits the agenda he wants them to have. Fairly typical I'd say for folks like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    I'd say considering the OP's avatar, he's for state propaganda. Considering the backstory of the war going on there is undoubtedly caused by the west, USA, and more and more evidence coming out that some folks inside Ukraine are killing their own people to create fake news stories to garner more sympathy for them, while more hate for Russia. As with all folks who post material like this, this person has an agenda, he just wants to make sure that MMO-C, a gaming website, fits the agenda he wants them to have. Fairly typical I'd say for folks like that.
    Ahhh yes the "west" again.

Warrior-Magi

Ahhh yes the "west" again.
    Leave North West out of this mess. She is only 9 afterall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    The video linked just says, "His name was released (as/its?) Sam Hyde"

But really, does it matter? If a major media outlet reported you as a shooter, would it ultimately matter if they said, "Orange Joe did it" or "Maybe Orange Joe did it" when it comes to the potential effect on you and your life?

It's just not a good look all around. Lets be honest, no matter what side of the line you stand on, we can all agree that sometimes even the most well-meaning media outlets jump the gun sometimes in an attempt to get the scoop.
    Exact words in video.

Apparently his name was released, sam hyde

This does NOT mean. It was confirmed to be sam hyde

When it gets cleared up shortly after there is no harm done.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Exact words in video.

Apparently his name was released, sam hyde

This does NOT mean. It was confirmed to be sam hyde

When it gets cleared up shortly after there is no harm done.
    Come on, this is just being dishonest.

If I said on national television, "Apparently Orange Joe eats babies." or something, of course that would be awful for you. Corrections/retractions rarely ever have the effect of nullifying the effect of the initial statement.

I don't know why this is even a contentious subject. It would be a shitty thing to happen to anyone, I don't know how that's even up for debate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Come on, this is just being dishonest.

If I said on national television, "Apparently Orange Joe eats babies." or something, of course that would be awful for you. Corrections/retractions rarely ever have the effect of nullifying the effect of the initial statement.

I don't know why this is even a contentious subject. It would be a shitty thing to happen to anyone, I don't know how that's even up for debate.
    Can you show anyone who has had their life ruined in such a way

Jesus Christ, man.

Seriously, why should anyone take you seriously on this topic when you can't even agree with the most basic shit like, "Lets get the identity of people right before reporting their names in mass murders."

See anyone that has had a rape allegation thrown at them that turned out to be false... You can google, it certainly isn't even close to 0, and also the whole reddit/boston bomber thing where the guy committed suicide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus Christ, man.

Seriously, why should anyone take you seriously on this topic when you can't even agree with the most basic shit like, "Lets get the identity of people right before reporting their names in mass murders."
    You have this idea that "The Truth™" is marked out in all-caps and easily identifiable. Reporters can only ever report the best information they have available, and the usual standard is two corroborating sources at a minimum, or direct quotation. So two different sources saying "I think the shooter's name is X" independently, or a quote from, say, the Chief of Police or a lead investigator saying "we think his name is X", though the latter would be reported as "Chief of Police/lead investigator says".

If they went off because of one random Tweet by a nobody and plastered a name all over, then sure, that was unethical and they'll probably get administrative penalties or even (likely) fired. If they had confirmed sources and the sources were wrong, though? The journalist is 100% in the clear.