Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You have this idea that "The Truth™" is marked out in all-caps and easily identifiable.
    I'm aware, but when someone is so eager to get the scoop that they're reporting the name of someone and using their photo just because of internet memes, can we all maybe just agree that it's really shitty?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Jesus Christ, man.

Seriously, why should anyone take you seriously on this topic when you can't even agree with the most basic shit like, "Lets get the identity of people right before reporting their names in mass murders."

How about the fact it wasn't even the reporter that stated the name? She asked a question and THAT person got it wrong. Are reporters not suppose to ask people questions anymore cause they might answer wrong?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    How about the fact it wasn't even the reporter that stated the name? She asked a question and THAT person got it wrong. Are reporters not suppose to ask people questions anymore cause they might answer wrong?
    There was another time it happened live... I vaguely remember the situation. It was a live stream of a shooter who shot two mentality disabled people to death and died in a fire fight with police.

They actually announced sam hyde's death on that stream.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    There was another time it happened live... I vaguely remember the situation. It was a live stream of a shooter who shot two mentality disabled people to death and died in a fire fight with police.

They actually announced sam hyde's death on that stream.

So the best you have is 2 possible cases out of 100's and 100's of articles a day. Me thinks you guys are overstating the problem just so you can hate the media and proclaim it all as fake news rather than accept reality.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    So the best you have is 2 possible cases out of 100's and 100's of articles a day. Me thinks you guys are overstating the problem just so you can hate the media and proclaim it all as fake news rather than accept reality.
    No just bemused that reporters both fall for the same meme on a pretty constant basis while special folks consider them gate keepers of truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    No just bemused that reporters both fall for the same meme on a pretty constant basis while special folks consider them gate keepers of truth.
    Can you timestamp the part in the video where the reporter is the one that said the name?

You are just misrepresenting what actually happened to conform to your confirmation bias.

you are not stopping propaganda. humans are the most easily manipulated species on the planet. propaganda fuels the manipulation.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread got way off topic. This is a suggestion forum, not a discussion forum.

To respond to the initial suggestion: if you feel someone is on this site for nefarious reasons, just use the report function, and leave your reason for reporting in the report window. It's that simple. It doesn't matter what the exact reason is for reporting someone, just report it and we will look into it.

If you feel that after doing that there's still a problem, feel free to take the issue up with a blue (Global) moderator and we can explain more in depth, most likely.

Closing this here, after this got derailed.

CLOSED.