Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yogg+0. Will still die 2 ours after release.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Actually wasn’t Hodir hardmode kinda nerve-wracking, trying to figure out if you’re gonna time it or have to immediately Kill DPS FULL Stop with 10 sec left?
    If you had terrible players, yes, because that's the only time you end up in a situation where you have to make that call.

Hodir Hardmode once it was fixed to 3min (because 2min was de facto impossible) wasn't that hard as long as people managed the respective damage buffs and didn't get frozen during Flash Freeze.

Yogg 0 technically, but with todays weakauras and PCs i think it might be definitely easier than it was back in the day.

LK 25 hc and Hodir hm will be a significant joke for the same reasons above.

Firefighter and Algalon woul be the hardest i guess.

A more interesting topic - will LK, TGC, etc. have the limited attempts at start? now that would be spicier

10+ Year Old Account
    firefighter , yogg 0 , last boss of togc 25 on heroic was hard especially going for no death achieves. I think weak auras will most likely trivialize a ton of encounters for the average ape

3+ Year Old Account
    I feel like a lot of people are sleeping on H LK without the zone buff. Even if not an "official" boss, it's implied people will try it once they've cleared it with.

And also the Earth, Storm, and Fire achievement in VoA. I think Firefighter and Yogg+0 are a given. Algalon may actually end up being fairly easy unless it gets buffed.

Yogg 0 is pretty easy tbh. Lich King 25hc and Sindragosa 25hc and Putricide 25hc are more difficult. Hardest boss is probably Firefighter 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    last boss of togc 25 on heroic was hard especially going for no death achieves.
    Togc 25 heroic is a joke. Everybody will have that mount just like the ZA bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'm honestly not sure where Algalon would fit. Both Algalon and LK are just heavily distorted by the limited attempts.
    Different patch versions of Algalon were challenging for sure. Yoga 0 required something like 18 affliction locks to down the first time.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Togc 25 heroic is a joke. Everybody will have that mount just like the ZA bear.
    No, Anub'arak 25man HC will check your healers.

Even if you manage to kill Anub'arak despite terrible healers, dead people are a given unless you somehow nuke Anub'arak from 30% to 0 within ~15seconds, which is highly unlikely.
    And the mount was a reward for no deaths.
    TotGC 25man is actually a raid that shouldn't be underestimated, Northrend Beasts is brutal boss for being a 1st Boss and Anub'arak is pretty unique as it requires a particular tank set, special talents as well as extremely coordinated healers.

I cannot imagine that a playerbase that struggles to clear SWP will manage doing that raid without a single death on a broad spectrum.
    You can't even overgear it because the mount is gone once ICC is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I cannot imagine that a playerbase that struggles to clear SWP will manage doing that raid without a single death on a broad spectrum.
    Yeah, ok. Classic players are bad, that is true. But I played multiple Wotlk servers and even buffed versions of Togc are not hard. Maybe faction champions with bad rng. Ulduar and ICC are just harder than Togc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well you know how hard raidbosses are, but 5 mans are harder

Halls of Stone endless stream of adds that die when you look at them but you cannot speed it up in any way.

Oculus in a pug. This is how it works all the time:
    * 5 people leave seconds after the instance starts, then 2 more after or before the 1st boss.
    * People have no idea where to go, pulling extra dragons all the time, between and during bosses. Sometimes it's a wipe.
    * People have no idea how to use the dragons at the endboss, making me solo the whole thing in my green dragon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yogg 0 25, Firefighter 25, LOD and PP25HC are the most challenging hands down

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Yogg 0 and LK HC before the increasing dmg/heal buff.

I doubt many people here killed LK before the increasing buff.
    The correct answer here is exactly no one has killed LK before the buff. Not a single soul.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    I loved Flame Leviathan, probably because I was in a bad guild but it was so much dang fun like launching people up on him and then having the little bikes rescue them and run the little pots around…

I’ve wasted far too much of my life on Warcraft but I wouldn’t take back one second of time spent in Ulduar.

Like many I never did Ulduar hard modes at gear level, although something tells me 0% HM LK 25 is the hardest, although I suppose you can’t outgear sanity loss on Yogg.

Part of the reason I was asking because I’m trying to pick what class to play, and I remember warlock being great to get out of val’kyr on LK.

So purely guessing off shtuff I’ve seen on forums:

0% HM LK 25
    Yogg 0
    Algalon?
    0% HM Putricide? I remember a lot of guilds stuck on him
    Yogg 1
    Firefighter
    30% HM LK 25
    Knock Knock Knock On Wood

Sarth + 3
    Jump Boss on Thaddius
    Yogg 0 was by far the hardest fight in WotLK, LK25 doesn't touch it.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by littlefoote View Post
    The correct answer here is exactly no one has killed LK before the buff. Not a single soul.
    Yes well, boss being left alive for 1 month is really unlikely in classic. Reality is the hardest wotlk fight will be determined in a few months when we have good classic data.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    firefighter , yogg 0 , last boss of togc 25 on heroic was hard especially going for no death achieves. I think weak auras will most likely trivialize a ton of encounters for the average ape
    Considering they had to limit what addons can do during WOTLK, WAs emulating that one addon, that would draw stuff directly on top of the game world is par of for the course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure about Yog coz i left for a few months during guild progress mid Ulduar. Back on trial of crusade and it was facerolling. Prob putricid and LK. Was pugging most of content witch was pretty uncexpected experience. Never pugged raids before except maybe ZulAman.

At the time Yogg+0 was considered the hardest, but I wouldn't be surprised if that weren't the case today. LK25 HC without the buff is prolly the hardest then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Wrong, the mount was gone after Cata prepatch launched.

So the following bosses set a new standard for difficulty levels back in the day:

1. Yogg+0
    2. LK 25 HC 0-5%
    3. firefighter

There were other tricky encounters, but nothing came close to these three bosses.

Nowadays you will hardly have any problems with the bosses mentioned above. This also means that all other bosses are just push overs.

The real deal will become second world first of tribute to immortality.
    Last edited by Millyraynge; 2022-07-02 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    So the following bosses set a new standard for difficulty levels back in the day:

1. Yogg+0
    2. LK 25 HC 0-5%
    3. firefighter

There were other tricky encounters, but nothing came close to these three bosses.

Nowadays you will hardly have any problems with the bosses mentioned above. This also means that all other bosses are just push overs.

The real deal will become second world first of tribute to immortality.

You think firefighter is harder then anub 25h? Something tells me you didn’t raid during togc.