Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I agree that all classes should have very flavor-heavy bottom tier talents based on their spec lore, a bit similar to artifact weapons. This "Idol of [Old God]" type of talent makes me excited to play a Shadow Priest because it totally fits the spec. I wish Druids would have gotten something similar, but in comparison to the really great (Shadow) Priest their talent tree is very bland.

This talent in particular sounds pretty bad and impractical though for actual combat. It's definitely cool, but it's already giving me headaches. It's very similar to the Nightfae Covenant ability which was mostly not used before it was overtuned and then it was nerfed and barely used again. I have a really hard time imagining how they will make this work in competitive modes, especially when the other choices seem to be way stronger from their flavor text alone. I hold my final judgement though, because I really like complex abilities like this, I just have a hard time seeing this being used (in PvE).
    Not really. Boomkin tree is great with multiple possible builds. Really looking forward to rotting people with aoe goodness in bgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    Not really. Boomkin tree is great with multiple possible builds. Really looking forward to rotting people with aoe goodness in bgs.
    That's not what I meant. It can be great (I disagree though), but it's utterly boring, because there are no new spec-based or flavor skills like the Idols for Shadow Priest. It's just that you can have more of the same than before. Nice to have, but hardly "groundbreaking" or fresh compared to several of the new Priest talents. Especially Discipline and Shadow have quite a lot of new stuff whereas Druid has almost nothing of that.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    I am a bit worried how Holy will play without Flash Concentration.

I really thought they'd add it as a talent, but no.
    Holy is just so slow without it.

Formerly known as Arafal

That's not what I meant. It can be great (I disagree though), but it's utterly boring, because there are no new spec-based or flavor skills like the Idols for Shadow Priest. It's just that you can have more of the same than before. Nice to have, but hardly "groundbreaking" or fresh compared to several of the new Priest talents. Especially Discipline and Shadow have quite a lot of new stuff whereas Druid has almost nothing of that.
    I am really hoping they back some of the more interesting talents for Mage. There's a lot of potential, and I am really worried they are gonna blow it. Bring back Prismatic Crystal, bring back the effects from the Archimonde trinket, give us Evanesce back.

Expand on Elementals and give us an Elemental for every spec. Have a talent set up that revolves around Glacial Spike instead of Ice Lance. Have a talent that makes Ignite spread passively again.

Presence of Mind for all specs. Ice Floes for all specs. Greater Invis back to all specs.

I am ready to be disappointed, but it would be nice

7+ Year Old Account
    Ye, keep in mind that groundbreaking and new stuff may simply be over-designed and too clunky in use (DH Necro ability). Meanwhile, Wowhead analysis on Boomkins is positive:

I think as a whole I am quite happy with the Balance talents in particular. Some of my personal highlights are:
    - A TON of cool druid flavored abilities being brought back (class and spec).
    - Lots of M+ flexibility talent wise. The builds not being set in stone and having a lot of options for M+ in particular is really cool.
    - The capstone traits seem like very important capstone traits.
    - Changes to our Cooldowns.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-07-02 at 10:59 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol you guys are falling into the same pattern of over-hyping yourselves for something, that something not happening, and then getting upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I am really hoping they back some of the more interesting talents for Mage. There's a lot of potential, and I am really worried they are gonna blow it. Bring back Prismatic Crystal, bring back the effects from the Archimonde trinket, give us Evanesce back.

Expand on Elementals and give us an Elemental for every spec. Have a talent set up that revolves around Glacial Spike instead of Ice Lance. Have a talent that makes Ignite spread passively again.

Presence of Mind for all specs. Ice Floes for all specs. Greater Invis back to all specs.

I am ready to be disappointed, but it would be nice
    I think the pure dps classes have the most potential because of how much you can get out of the class tree. For DKs the class tree will be completely transformative, significantly increasing resource regen. Imagine for mages, rogues or warlocks.

I want to see one of the tank classes next because the dk and druid general trees Have me thinking about the possibility of what tank abilities could be in the tree for something like a Monk
    No brews because they all work with stagger
    Might get keg smash
    Zen med returning
    Possibly stagger

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    I want to see one of the tank classes next because the dk and druid general trees Have me thinking about the possibility of what tank abilities could be in the tree for something like a Monk
    No brews because they all work with stagger
    Might get keg smash
    Zen med returning
    Possibly stagger
    Brewmaster Baseline is class tree is gonna be Expel Harm, and Keg Smash in the spec tree.

Stagger is just gonna be baseline to the spec. No way they would even give you the possibility to play without Stagger.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I hope the warlock talents open up the use for more demons than just the felguard.
    Could be builds to strengthen the other demons or could just be returning perma doomguard/infernal. (Though if blizzard didn’t want to get rid of Ritual of Doom or step on the toes of Destro they could just use different demons but have the same purpose of a pure ST/AOE focus.)

Though what could be interesting would be if we got a perma tyrant in some form. Could be focused on buffing/extending current active demons while still doing their little bit of damage.
    It wouldn’t be compatible with Demonic Consumption unless that was like a separate CD or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Lol you guys are falling into the same pattern of over-hyping yourselves for something, that something not happening, and then getting upset.
    First time?
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    First time?

No but it's amazing it's the same handful of people who fall into that pattern over and over in this thread specifically.

10+ Year Old Account
    No but it's amazing it's the same handful of people who fall into that pattern over and over in this thread specifically.
    Its ok to hope for things such as new talents and such, so long as you are willing to accept it your personal ideas might not happen.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I now remember why I hated talent trees. Just tried spriest on wowhead and have to admit I am not very happy what things I have to sacrifice. It didn't bother me in the talent trees we had since MoP, but I really dislike it in the new ones. The trees look very "unfinished" when you distributed all your points. I don't mind it in the priest tree, but the shadow one is missing too much for my taste when I used up all 30 points.
    Alas, we will see how this works out in the end. I admit I am not someone who loves to tinker a lot with talents, so I will go with one of the many cookie cutter builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Brewmaster Baseline is class tree is gonna be Expel Harm, and Keg Smash in the spec tree.

Stagger is just gonna be baseline to the spec. No way they would even give you the possibility to play without Stagger.
    that is why im assuming stagger would be the top talent granted automatically

im probably wrong and the base will have expel harm like you said but the possibility is definitely interesting

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    I now remember why I hated talent trees. Just tried spriest on wowhead and have to admit I am not very happy what things I have to sacrifice. It didn't bother me in the talent trees we had since MoP, but I really dislike it in the new ones. The trees look very "unfinished" when you distributed all your points. I don't mind it in the priest tree, but the shadow one is missing too much for my taste when I used up all 30 points.
    Alas, we will see how this works out in the end. I admit I am not someone who loves to tinker a lot with talents, so I will go with one of the many cookie cutter builds.
    the priest trees are so far behind compared to what they are actually testing that they had to say so in the post and that is a bit worrying

- - - Updated - - -

that is the fun part though
    speculation about what might happen
    just do not take your personal ideas and hopes so seriously that you become a joke making multiple threads on why blizzard will do exactly as you say

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact the priest talents that is, behind whatever test build they are doing now is the opposite of worrying. I just hope they gave them selves enough time to work comfortably on all this.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-07-02 at 02:06 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The fact the priest talents that is, behind whatever test build they are doing now is the opposite of worrying. I just hope they gave them selves enough time to work comfortably on all this.
    idk personally that just makes it seem like they couldnt take 5 minutes to edit the posts they made so that they could get meaningful feedback on the trees
    i mean telling us "hey these talents wont be there and another one will be" would be more useful if we actually saw the new talents or saw the ideas. The tree for shadow is actually very interesting to me because there are real choices to be made and the utility is almost 100% optional and theres even rewards for taking them.

7+ Year Old Account
    idk personally that just makes it seem like they couldnt take 5 minutes to edit the posts they made so that they could get meaningful feedback on the trees
    i mean telling us "hey these talents wont be there and another one will be" would be more useful if we actually saw the new talents or saw the ideas. The tree for shadow is actually very interesting to me because there are real choices to be made and the utility is almost 100% optional and theres even rewards for taking them.
    Eh, it is a norm that builds released for testing are few version behind of what Blizz has, and alpha will start any day now.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

the priest trees are so far behind compared to what they are actually testing that they had to say so in the post and that is a bit worrying
    To be honest I cannot find that statement…the only thing I found about spriest is the replacement of Dark Thoughts with Vampiric Thoughts.

With Shadow Priest I found it "interesting" how much utility is in the specialization tree.