Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

World of Warcraft: Dragonflight - Pre-Purchase Rewards Spotlight

World of Warcraft: Dragonflight - Pre-Purchase Rewards Spotlight
    World of Warcraft Dragonflight comes in three digital editions (Base, Heroic and Epic) as well as a limited-edition Epic Edition Collector's Set with a bunch of goodies. In this post we'll have a short look at the Dragonfight pre-purchase rewards that come with each digital and physical edition, so you can choose one based on which bonus items you desire.

Dragonflight Base Edition
    Dragonflight Base Edition costs $49.99, includes access to the Dragonflight expansion and the following reward:

• Drakks pet (available as a pre-purchase bonus item until the launch of Dragonflight)

Dragonflight Heroic Edition
    Dragonflight Heroic Edition costs $69.99, comes with the Dragonflight Base Edition goodies and the following rewards:

• Murkastrasza pet
    • Tangled Dreamweaver mount
    • Level 60 character boost

Dragonflight Epic Edition
    Dragonflight Epic Edition costs $89.99, comes with the Dragonflight Heroic Edition goodies and the following rewards:

• Wings of Awakening - A back-slot transmog item with 5 color variants: Azure, Bronze, Emerald, Obsidian and Ruby.
    • Diadem of the Spell-Keeper - A crown once worn by Sindragosa herself, this head-slot transmog radiates with the magical energies of the blue dragonflight.
    • Timewalker's Hearthstone - Hearthstone toy item: Travel through the sands of time to a place you once visited.
    • 30 Days of Game Time

Dragonflight Epic Edition Collector's Set
    Dragonflight Epic Edition Collector's Set costs $129.99, comes with the Dragonflight Epic Edition digital goodies and the following physical items:

• Dragonflight Five-Pin Collector's Set: Add iconic representations of Azeroth's five primary dragonflights to your pin collection-red, green, black, blue, and bronze.
    • Art of Dragonflight - Hardback Art Book: Explore the visual development of the Dragon Isles, a remote realm of Azeroth that has remained hidden since the Great Sundering 10,000 years ago.
    • Alexstrasza Mousepad: Emblazoned with the powerful visage of the Life-Binder herself, standing proud in both her dragon and high elf forms.

Last edited by Lumy; 2022-07-02 at 08:13 PM.

That hearthstone effect is ass.

Already pre-order the Physical Collector's edition box

So, it says Drakks pet is a pre-order only, but it's also in the physical collector image.
    So what is it? Preorder + physical, or preorder only?

You'd think a "spotlight" would highlight all the info you need, not contain contradictory information...

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pro-tip: don't preorder games.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimalkin of Old View Post
    Pro-tip: don't preorder games.
    Or pre-order them a day or two before release if you've made your mind on playing it day one.

Pre-order bonuses need to be outlawed, especially when Blizzard uses them to deny you refunds.

you all want the game to get better? dont pre-order.
    make them sweat a little and actually think to themselves (oh crap, the sheep arent eating)
    the game will never be player friendly again until players stop throwing money at everything with the Tag WoW.

did anyone not notice the break glass in case of emergency they pulled out at the end of SL. keep them on that mindset.

Not really very Inspiring
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgran View Post
    So, it says Drakks pet is a pre-order only, but it's also in the physical collector image.
    So what is it? Preorder + physical, or preorder only?

You'd think a "spotlight" would highlight all the info you need, not contain contradictory information...
    Everything highlighted above, including the physical edition, is a pre-order. When you go to the Blizzard Store, you have to click on "pre-order" to purchase the physical edition.

After the Dragonflight expansion launches, the offer for the bonus pet will no longer be available. I have added this part to the pet info to further clarify when the offer ends. Thanks for the feedback!
    Last edited by Lumy; 2022-07-02 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Pre-order bonuses need to be outlawed, especially when Blizzard uses them to deny you refunds.
    blizz doesent deny refunds for pre-orders...

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    blizz doesent deny refunds for pre-orders...
    oh yes they absolutely do all the time.

Pins are hideous.

Just because they were in the SL box it doesn't mean they should be a norm. The BFA CE had a nice heavy metal medallion with a rack that could be presented on the shelf/table. The pins? Won't ever use them. They look like something that anyone could order from some chinese website for 0,50$ at max.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought a complete in-box Yellow Label edition of Metroid for the NES instead of this. I feel like the NES game will be a better investment.

That Drakks pet looks like something they've rehashed from Cata. Unoriginal and certainly not inspiring, let alone worthy of being included in a Collector's Edition box.
    Last edited by azuraji; 2022-07-03 at 09:37 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The artbook is the only cool thing about that physical collectors edition but fucked if I'm paying 130 for it (not including the box design, which is also cool to be fair). Can't begin to imagine why I'd want some pins and a crappy mousepad.

As for the other stuff: wings look shit, crown looks shit, hearthstone spell effect looks shit, mount is pretty boring and I'd be bored of the pets within a few days.

I wasn't going to preorder anyway but Blizzard made that decision much easier to live with.

I have to say, I'm always envious of how Blizz can rake in so much $$$

They have so many ravenous, buy anything, pay anything, do anything fans that they can shovel anything out the door and rest assured it will make millions.

If I pre-order its going to be within 1-2 days of release once I make sure its something I want to spend time and money on.

Long gone are the days of the sparkle pony outrage. Every day is a whale festival now.

More info about the preorder selections than there is about the expansion itself.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Wish the wings were a little bigger.
    I'd be fine with the no physics if they were close to the size of the old Warlock wings.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-07-02 at 10:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk