Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I hope it's none of them because it's so utterly predictable. I'd rather fight and kill a corrupted Alexstrasza.
    No thanks. I'd rather it be predictable and wholesome unlike whatever the hell the last couple of expansions were. Just give me a villain, that just wants to be a villain. If I want villains with more depth to their character I'd just go play something else.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Time traveling Dragonmaw Orcs
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Moruzond
    Galakrond
    Chromatus

Plot hooks for each
    Best answer and I hope this. I want all three spotlighted. Galakrond has to go last. Chromatus probably second to last, and Moruzond could be first tier.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    I wrote up a big long post on my speculation a while back but basically I think C'thun is manipulating the Twilight Council to resurrect Chromatus' body (which I think is hidden under the Dragon Isles) which he will then take control of in kind of a Garrosh/Y'shaarj type amalgamation of all 5 Dragonflights empowered by Old God corruption.
    That doesn't fit with what we know of the threats we will face. The Primalists and Cult of Galakrond. It also ignores the lore about Chromatus because in the novel Twilight of the Aspects it stated he was reanimated in Northrend. We don't know the location of the prison holding his body since he couldn't be killed. However we know it can't possibly be under or around the Dragon Isles since the flights haven't been back there and couldn't go back. Their homeland was hidden even from themselves until the Beacon was lit to dispel the magical mists.

Chromatus could happen but your theory however can not. It also depends on if Blizzard can manage to create a multi-head fight. It was speculated that Chromatus was supposed to be a boss in Dragon Soul but it was to difficult to animate/create.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-07-03 at 04:26 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Best answer and I hope this. I want all three spotlighted. Galakrond has to go last. Chromatus probably second to last, and Moruzond could be first tier.
    i assume galakrond will either be a world boss or the final boss in a moruzond raid since we already know when we kill him

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That doesn't fit with what we know of the threats we will face. The Primalists and Cult of Galakrond. It also ignores the lore about Chromatus because in the novel Twilight of the Aspects it stated he was reanimated in Northrend. We don't know the location of the prison holding his body since he couldn't be killed. However we know it can't possibly be under or around the Dragon Isles since the flights haven't been back there and couldn't go back. Their homeland was hidden even from themselves until the Beacon was lit to dispel the magical mists.

Chromatus could happen but your theory however can not. It also depends on if Blizzard can manage to create a multi-head fight. It was speculated that Chromatus was supposed to be a boss in Dragon Soul but it was to difficult to animate/create.
    While that's all true, I'm not putting it past Blizzard to come up with something to explain how his prison was put there. The other likely place is The Nexus and I feel like with Galakrond also being in Northrend it would make the Dragon Isles kind of irrelevant if 2 of the main enemies are in Northrend. There needs to be some reason that the Watchers awoke and lit the beacon to bring the Dragonflights back, and I believe a possibility is that Chromatus is in fact beneath the Dragon Isles and is being revived.

Might be a long shot, but it's not out of the realm of possibility especially considering Blizzard's track record of pulling stuff out of their ass to make a story.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    There needs to be some reason that the Watchers awoke and lit the beacon to bring the Dragonflights back, and I believe a possibility is that Chromatus is in fact beneath the Dragon Isles and is being revived.
    We know why the beacon was lit. The land healed enough for the magical energy of the Isles to come back. It started draining after the Sundering. The opening cinematic covers all of this and explains why your theory is impossible. Could Chromatus be freed or brought to the isles? Certainly. He can't already be there though because the islands have been sealed.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I thought Chromatus was sealed in an Arcane Prison. Wouldn't those be extraplanar? You could potentially open them from anywhere if you knew how to access them. Maybe the key for that is in Sindragosa's library.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Murozond doesn't seem terribly likely since we killed him canonically once
    But it was an alternate timeline in which the Old Gods won. But they didn't. But Nozdormu is yet to turn into Murozond and be killed. So just because we killed him in an alternate timeline and prevented that one to happen, doesn't mean we shouldn't deal with him in the main timeline.

I think Murozond makes the most sense. Either him or whatever is behind the Infinite Dragonflight.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, it wasn't a threat that woke up the Watchers up but the healing/waking of Azeroth, "the land".
    Are you sure about that? Because to me the waking doesn't necessarily mean anything good. I think it was a forced rebirth, with her being weakened by Sargeras, then used as a fuel by the Jailer. Her fate was was threatened enough for her to be forcibly awaken to defend herself. I think it makes more sense than Azeroth just feeling good and all that, after the events of the last three expansions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I thought Chromatus was sealed in an Arcane Prison. Wouldn't those be extraplanar? You could potentially open them from anywhere if you knew how to access them. Maybe the key for that is in Sindragosa's library.
    How could a key for a prison created after the Dragon Isle were sealed show up on the Dragon Isles?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    Are you sure about that? Because to me the waking doesn't necessarily mean anything good.
    Yes. The Cinematic, and Blizzard, has stated that the Beacon was lit because energy returned. The Watcher didn't wait at the shoreline for a threat that was sealed in with them but for signs of elemental and life (Azeroth) energy returning that went away with the Sundering. The Waking of the land potentially being a bad thing is independent of why the land awoke and the Isles were unsealed.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    But it was an alternate timeline in which the Old Gods won. But they didn't. But Nozdormu is yet to turn into Murozond and be killed. So just because we killed him in an alternate timeline and prevented that one to happen, doesn't mean we shouldn't deal with him in the main timeline.
    End Time was an alternate time but Murozond was only taking refuge there. He was not part of that time. We can still deal with his transformation into an Infinite but anything we do would only be a setback. It would also give Blizzard little time to deal with that transformation because it would have to happen while leveling or in post-patch story content. If it happens while leveling then the Aspects would have to gain their powers back as a Murozond with out super powers wouldn't be much of a threat.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-07-03 at 05:28 PM.

How could a key for a prison created after the Dragon Isle were sealed show up on the Dragon Isles?
    If they use the same arcane technology/theory to create them why not? Just saying, it's not a farfetched plot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Time traveling Dragonmaw Orcs

Every Dragonmaw orc's wet dream: an unchecked island full of dragons, dragon-like creatures, animals with dragon characteristics... and dragons.

Still banking on Murozond being the big bad, and Chromatus showing up as the penultimate antagonist. Not necessarily in a raid, but perhaps the .2 patch or something. Maybe even a world boss.

Completely out of left-field and outlandish hypothesis: not a character we the players are expecting at all. No character introduced in this expansion, nor any main character related to the expansion's story. Somebody like... Turalyon, who makes his move while everybody is focused in the Shadowlands on the Dragon Isles.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2022-07-03 at 06:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well apparently it's intially escapee Elemental Dragons that worship Galakrond posthumously mostly due to thinking the Dragon Aspects suck for helping kill him alongside accepting the Titan's power up from the Keepers and got ancient imprisoned after doing something to annoy them.
    Then we will likely get a timetravel boss of somekind because Infinite yo.
    Finally it'll be revealed someone from an alternate reality or dagger-waifu or probably both caused prior threats to turn up/get released and that will lead into whatever next expansion is supposed to focus on.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Well apparently it's intially escapee Elemental Dragons that worship Galakrond posthumously mostly due to thinking the Dragon Aspects suck for helping kill him alongside accepting the Titan's power up from the Keepers and got ancient imprisoned after doing something to annoy them.
    Then we will likely get a timetravel boss of somekind because Infinite yo.
    Finally it'll be revealed someone from an alternate reality or dagger-waifu or probably both caused prior threats to turn up/get released and that will lead into whatever next expansion is supposed to focus on.
    I do hope this doesn't turn into another BfA with being a secret Old God/Void expansion.

I am expecting/wanting Galakrond to be the final boss in some way with the first raid hinting to that.
    The second raid will probably be infinite dragon/murozond because that bronze dragon area they showed off looks awfully like a raid entrance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

I think we will see Murozond, Galakrond and Chromatus.
    Which one will be the last, i do not know.

I highly doubt Galakrond. We see his bones in dragonblight. I don’t think even necromancy can save him enough to even be the big bad. Maybe a second to last boss like Mannoroth but even that was an ass pull just to fight Mannoroth. If I really had to guess where Galakrond would be, it would be like a second tier or maybe even first tier raid like trial of valor and it would be a caverns of time.

The only other way for me to see it working out is Murozond blooping Galakrond out of their timeline to ours. At that point, what’s stopping Murozond from blooping a Galakrond from multiple timelines. We know there’s at least 2. What about a timeline where Galakrond defeated the aspects? That does nothing but fuel Galakrond with more power.

Murozond is a likely candidate. It’s the easiest to fit and it’s one to end the infinite Dragonflight storyline.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

10+ Year Old Account
    Revived Deathwing. I mean, they're not gonna do a cataclysm classic.. right?
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If they use the same arcane technology/theory to create them why not? Just saying, it's not a farfetched plot.
    If the Dragon flights could so easily go back why didn't they? It is a farfetched plot to think that a key showed up on the Isles after it was hidden. A key that you say would exist thousands of years before the prison was created to house Chromatus. It isn't even clear if the Arcane Prisons existed back then or were a creation for the Nexus War. Which is yet another reason why the idea is farfetched.

If the Dragon flights could so easily go back why didn't they? It is a farfetched plot to think that a key showed up on the Isles after it was hidden. A key that you say would exist thousands of years before the prison was created to house Chromatus. It isn't even clear if the Arcane Prisons existed back then or were a creation for the Nexus War. Which is yet another reason why the idea is farfetched.
    ?

I am saying the arcane theory behind those Prisons could have existed for a long time. I mean it seems to be about creating extradimensional spaces and trapping something in there. Maybe Sindy had studied or documented it. Maybe some cultists try to break in now that the Dragon Isles are open to find out about how they could set Chromatus loose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chromatus is too much of a perfect villain character for the story.

"The first and only successfully formed chromatic dragon" with a different dragon head for each dragonflight. So powerful, he couldn't actually be killed so was rendered inanimate and imprisoned in a quasi-pocket dimension prison.

Or perhaps he is too strong for us to face...