Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    oh brother....no they arent all like this
    Majority is, especially popular ones. There are probably some exceptions but i can't recall them. Maybe you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    Majority is, especially popular ones. There are probably some exceptions but i can't recall them. Maybe you can.
    lost ark,you cant pay non stop with no limit,you dont need 500k to max it out,it uses some shady methods to make you spend,but not LITERALY ALL like di immoral....this isnt an anti blizzard thing,the game is also trash compared to lost ark

di immoral isnt even a game,its a slot machine,the rift is just there to hide the lootbox

lost ark,you cant pay non stop with no limit,you dont need 500k to max it out,it uses some shady methods to make you spend,but not LITERALY ALL like di immoral....this isnt an anti blizzard thing,the game is also trash compared to lost ark

di immoral isnt even a game,its a slot machine,the rift is just there to hide the lootbox
    Mobile games, not pc titles. Lost Ark is not on mobile ... yet

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    The REAL elephant in the room isn't Diablo immortal, or it's MTX...

it's that, when and where did gamers just accept that mobile games are going to be half ass games, filled to the brim with MTX? When did mobile games become less of video games, and more cash shops for suckers?

Mobile gaming has so much potential, but it's been ruined behind greed and idiots spending on that greed to encourage further and further.. and now we are here
    True ... too many people accepted and ate the shit that was handed to them, just because a game was offered for free. And that shit grew larger and larger, to the point where having to eat it is normal. Some people probably don't even know what a game would be like without all of that crap.
    Last edited by kranur; 2022-07-03 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by popastique View Post
    mobile games, not pc titles. Lost ark is not on mobile ... Yet
    why is there a difference???why????

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    True ... too many people accepted and ate the shit that was handed to them, just because a game was offered for free. And that shit grew larger and larger, to the point where having to eat it is normal.
    I’m not even dunking on them, they’re gamers too. Mobile gamers deserve better than this mtx exploitation crap that mobile devolved into

why is there a difference???why????
    Because mobile p2w market is all like that, DI and games alike. You want best gear, best progression, best pvp experience ( in case the game has it ) - you pay up or enjoy free events/other stuff in moderation. It became a norm quite a few years ago.
    So comparing PC titles to mobile titles is pretty much useless. Coz they are developed with different goals/payment models in mind ( usually )

You can play Hearthstone without monetary transactions even coming into question. As someone who exclusively plays solo adventures and tavern brawls, card packs and deck-building are practically nonexistent to my personal style of play

Because mobile p2w market is all like that, DI and games alike. You want best gear, best progression, best pvp experience ( in case the game has it ) - you pay up or enjoy free events/other stuff in moderation. It became a norm quite a few years ago.
    So comparing PC titles to mobile titles is pretty much useless. Coz they are developed with different goals/payment models in mind ( usually )
    how does any of that actualy adress my question?WHY IS IT LIKE THAT??

free 2 play games,can make money and be good,genshin impact is a very good mobile game,quality games can be made for mobile

path of exile,a completly free non p2w game,still makes milions

im not even against p2w...wow is completly p2w,but its not predatory,you know whats your buying in wow,no tricks,no scams,no bullshit

how does any of that actualy adress my question?WHY IS IT LIKE THAT??

free 2 play games,can make money and be good,genshin impact is a very good mobile game,quality games can be made for mobile

path of exile,a completly free non p2w game,still makes milions

im not even against p2w...wow is completly p2w,but its not predatory,you know whats your buying in wow,no tricks,no scams,no bullshit
    Genshin Impact has the same p2w without having endgame content You will need to spend huge amounts of money to make your characters perfect. Don't have money? Just enjoy free events and story content every 2 months or so, just like i said.

PoE a great game, a great PC title, not mobile, yeap.

And most p2w mobile have rng ( especially gacha ), so you pay and pray for the best. Just like in DI.

I am not saying that p2w mobile is great, i am saying that it is in that state right now and it will not change unless people stop paying. And guess what? Chance of people doing that are pretty low.

As long as people play and pay, that means they are ok with it - and there is no need for change.

Genshin Impact has the same p2w without having endgame content You will need to spend huge amounts of money to make your characters perfect. Don't have money? Just enjoy free events and story content every 2 months or so, just like i said.

PoE a great game, a great PC title, not mobile, yeap.

And most p2w mobile have rng ( especially gacha ), so you pay and pray for the best. Just like in DI.

I am not saying that p2w mobile is great, i am saying that it is in that state right now and it will not change unless people stop paying. And guess what? Chance of people doing that are pretty low.

As long as people play and pay, that means they are ok with it - and there is no need for change.
    are you on the payroll or something?you actualy are ok with predatory immoral gambling tricks targeted at getting kids addicted to it??wow...

if they were just selling stuff that would be fine,but they arent,they use every trick in the book to hook you on buying,and again...every single trick,from fake discounts,to selling 12 currencies so you never understand what your paying for,to always selling the currencies to short for what you need so you end up buying more,and then you buy more because you have some left right....jesus dude...

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I’m not even dunking on them, they’re gamers too. Mobile gamers deserve better than this mtx exploitation crap that mobile devolved into
    True, but it's in their hands. If F2P or light spenders would instantly quit and never touch games like this, they will eventually shift. Because in return whales will also quit. It won't be fun for a whale to dump exaggerate amounts of money and not have any minnows to eat.

But that won't happen because many people are happy like this. "I didn't spend a lot of money, so I deserve to get destroyed, yay"

are you on the payroll or something?you actualy are ok with predatory immoral gambling tricks targeted at getting kids addicted to it??wow...

if they were just selling stuff that would be fine,but they arent,they use every trick in the book to hook you on buying,and again...every single trick,from fake discounts,to selling 12 currencies so you never understand what your paying for,to always selling the currencies to short for what you need so you end up buying more,and then you buy more because you have some left right....jesus dude...
    What? You don't make sense. I don't give a flying f... about DI or any other p2w games, you want it - you play it, you want to be in the top - you pay, you don't want to pay - you stay away from it. I play Genshin and pay 6 bucks a month because i want to, not because there are some PREDATORY TRICKS in play.

If a person doesn't have power of will and is susceptible to such petty tricks - there is one simple solution : don't touch such games.

P.S. Kids as a rule do not have money, adults do.
    Last edited by Popastique; 2022-07-03 at 01:39 PM.

What? You don't make sense. I don't give a flying f... about DI or any other p2w games, you want it - you play it, you want to be in the top - you pay, you don't want to pay - you stay away from it. I play Genshin and pay 6 bucks a month because i want to, not because there are some PREDATORY TRICKS in play.

If a person doesn't have power of will and is susceptible to such petty tricks - there is one simple solution : don't touch such games.

P.S. Kids as a rule do not have money, adults do.
    haha,yeah kids never use their parents credit,and this shit is like a cult,they get kids hooked young so they spend big later,cmon dude

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    It has nothing to do with p2w.

It's a bunch of PC gamers virtue signaling because they are naive to how mobile games work.
    This. Basically PC gamers whining for the sake of whining about something new.
    "Uh huh. So destroying southshore is meh, but camp cow is so important that you have to destroy a port city?" - Sunlily

FOR THE DARK ORDER!

Making a deck capable of legend for new players is actualy super super easy,these days hs is very generous to new players,you even get a pretty good meta deck for free....

also hs isnt hated like diablo,because in hs as f2p you can get everything a whale can get(besides the cosmetics you cant get with gold ofc),unlike diablo immoral where you can NEVER catch up to a whale

- - - Updated - - -

what does pc and mobile have to do with anything?why is there a difference?a free game can make money wile also NOT beign a gambling simulator targeting kids,seriously,whats wrong with you people?

- - - Updated - - -

yeah targeting kids with immoral gambling habits and needing 500k to max your character with zero limit on how you can spend,and having every single predatory money scam in the game is tottaly fine,yep...every other p2w game does EXACTLY THAT /s
    DI is not targeted to kids...its even rated "M" on the play store. Also play other mobile games and get a base line, just go to the store and start trying RPGs/ARPGs.. and if you really want a taste of predatory try RTS games where if you don't buy shields for your city when you are offline high lives will steal everything.. games that have limited energy unless you spend real money... I can play DI all day without spending a dime. Hearthstone, however, is rated teen so if anything it's worse being targeted towards kids in that sense.
    Last edited by cuafpr; 2022-07-03 at 01:58 PM.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I have a legit question to people who play Hearthstone. I've tried to get into this game, but crafting a competitive deck that has potential to reach Legend rank is BRUTAL for new players and would take many, many months (with average luck) or cost a fortune by buying enough decks to get cards or crafting materials enough to complete the entire deck.

This game is P2W, just like Diablo Immortal, but has been around since 2014 and hasn't had, in eight years, a fraction of the backlash Diablo Immortal had in a month. Why is this?

I am not against P2W per se, but isn't the community a bit hypocrit here? What is it about HS that makes it okey, and doesn't make it okey in Diablo.

Curious to hear Hearthstone players perspective.
    The issue with Diablo Immortal isn't that it's p2w, it's the predatory nature behind it.

Hearthstone is pay to win, sure. But it doesn't try to pretend that it isn't. It's a trading card game, of course it's pay to win.

Diablo Immortal on the other hand, pretends like it's not. This by the following points:

- D:I profiles itself like a normal Diablo game
    - D:I obfuscates your spending by having a multitude of currencies
    - D:I uses the indirect purchase model. You purchase units in indiscrete amounts, which can then be spend buying the things you need

haha,yeah kids never use their parents credit,and this shit is like a cult,they get kids hooked young so they spend big later,cmon dude
    If you raise a child that steals your credit card info/money to pay for something - you are an awful parent, IMHO. That's pretty much it.
    I don't remember myself doing that in my life coz i had decent parents. But blaming game is strong, always, especially when you don't spend too much time with your kids as a parent and suddenly something happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Minifie View Post
    Ah yes, back to victim blaming, the true refuge of those without merit in an argument.
    Victims who makes their own choices without any pressure Such victims, wow

Quote Originally Posted by Minifie View Post
    http://platinumparagon.info/the-psyc...otransactions/

A good read, but in essence: You are wrong, flat out. Psychiatric investigation is pushing further into this field and it's not coming up roses for those with the uncaring attitude of these predators.
    In essence: learn to spend money, avoid cash grabs, think before you do, research stuff beforehand - and you won't have problems. OR call yourself a victim, spend more than you earn, get into a heap of trouble