How's that quest coming?

Serious question: My g/f and I play regularly, but the default UI for Party Sync is not awesome. I was curious? Do you quest/level with friends/partners/spouses and is there a special Addon that helps keep track of where everyone is on their progress? Maybe even something that sees when a quest is accepted and maybe auto-shared with the group? She gets frustrated because I am a beast at leveling, and I never know what her progress is or what she is still working on. Any advice about how to effectively resolve our group questing would be great. Thanks.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

I have never been into addons too much and I haven’t played retail too much but if I remember correctly when you’re in a group your quests should have a number on the left hand side the looks like this [1] or [2], this means there are 1 or 2 people in your party on the same quest. So just pick up the same quests, check your quest log and anything without this mark are the quests where you guys need to catch up or pick up

Quote Originally Posted by Woods123 View Post
    I have never been into addons too much and I haven’t played retail too much but if I remember correctly when you’re in a group your quests should have a number on the left hand side the looks like this [1] or [2], this means there are 1 or 2 people in your party on the same quest. So just pick up the same quests, check your quest log and anything without this mark are the quests where you guys need to catch up or pick up
    While this is helpful, it is also part of the default UI which tells you who else is on the quest. However, about 3 years ago, there was a functioning addon that not only showed you who else was on the quest in your group, but it would also break down how much of what, or how far along in the quest the others were. This way you knew how many of X or Y they still needed so you could help them along and get done quicker. I need both the macro and the micro level overview of their status.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    While this is helpful, it is also part of the default UI which tells you who else is on the quest. However, about 3 years ago, there was a functioning addon that not only showed you who else was on the quest in your group, but it would also break down how much of what, or how far along in the quest the others were. This way you knew how many of X or Y they still needed so you could help them along and get done quicker. I need both the macro and the micro level overview of their status.
    The default UI does this, if you mouse over the quest itself it gives you a list of peoples progress on that quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    The default UI does this, if you mouse over the quest itself it gives you a list of peoples progress on that quest.
    Yes, and again, if you are done with the quest it shows you nothing. I am looking for a party app that lets me see the progress of the other person even long after I finish it. Because with a party sync, if one of you is not on the quest, it actually vanishes for the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and again, if you are done with the quest it shows you nothing. I am looking for a party app that lets me see the progress of the other person even long after I finish it. Because with a party sync, if one of you is not on the quest, it actually vanishes for the other.

The other person could just tell you how far along they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Serious question: My g/f and I play regularly, but the default UI for Party Sync is not awesome. I was curious? Do you quest/level with friends/partners/spouses and is there a special Addon that helps keep track of where everyone is on their progress? Maybe even something that sees when a quest is accepted and maybe auto-shared with the group? She gets frustrated because I am a beast at leveling, and I never know what her progress is or what she is still working on. Any advice about how to effectively resolve our group questing would be great. Thanks.
    At a high level, If you play with PartySync, it'll put you at the level and progression of the quests that the leveler is on. From my experience. My wife has returned to WoW and wanted to level a new character because she's fallen out with her Druid, so, we're leveling, and I on PartySync do get confused as quests will stop functioning if she's ahead, and the quest progression available is those she hasn't done, or about to do, of course.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    The other person could just tell you how far along they are.
    This is the current process, but thanks for the obvious answer.

You can also use party sync, that way you can both work on every quest one of you haven't finished yet