Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    if its not full CGI and has live actors no chance ill ever watch it
    10 reports = instant ban without GM review (people need to be in different guilds or you will need more reports)
    you can organize a 11th person in your discord to provoke the person you want banned then report for literary no real reason... anything that can be considered "toxic" is a valid reason for the ban to stay on the account and will not be removed
    https://youtu.be/OcSiCgFDYhY

How can you fit arthas story in a 2 hour movie ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    The movies about Jesus tell the whole story of his life and have been fucking 33 years...

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    this would be ez money for blizz

3+ Year Old Account
    Will we get cgi trolls?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I sincerely hope misleading titles like this never become the norm here. Like all that clickbait about Multiverse of Madness "confirmed" to have Tom Cruise as Iron Man.

"Rumored" is useless to a movie.

I think you could do it if you skipped the first part and started with the moment he meets kel'thuzard and end the film at him killing his father...

Least that is how I would set it up

TBH I'd rather an original story set in the universe than anything else. Warcraft isn't complicated enough that you can't establish the setting in five minutes. Arcane managed it very well in less than that and was a completely original story that drew in tons of people who had either never heard of League or never played it. Arthas's story is an acceptable alternative. But retelling the First War again? That's just a recipe for disaster, again.

And gosh darn, make it animated, not live-action. Warcraft is a far larger than life universe, you don't do those justice with dudes in plastic props and CGI everything else, animated shows have proven they can be very popular and they cost a lot less to make.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

They either need to follow the example of Arcane, or make a cinematic quality movie. Also it should be about Arthas's story in WC3.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    If you count the film's domestic gross it was a flop. But it did extremely well in China so who knows what the Hollywood bean counters think about it.
    It's not quite that simple. Given how the income is divvied up for movies that are distributed in China, that box office split would would mean that the Hollywood entities associated with the movie likely lost money while the Chinese producers and distributors made big profits. If anything, the Hollywood bean counters would just say "let China make it themselves" when it comes to any subsequent movies for the franchise.

- - - Updated - - -

His character arc as it plays out in the human campaign of WC3 could maybe fit.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I'm surprised this flew under the radar. (not really surprised actually, lol)

https://www.thathashtagshow.com/2022...n-development/

I wonder who could play an adult Thrall realistically. Perhaps it's time for Metzen to dust off his acting chops once more.

Events of the film: during the Second War?

EDIT: Was thinking... maybe it's not such a bad idea to incorporate elements from the lore that isn't the basic, foundational "orcs versus human" era of Warcraft history. The first movie was heavy that, but with the "evil magic of the fel" and the imagery of Medivh becoming a demon. True fans knew what it alluded to, but not run-of-the-mill movie goers. Perhaps maybe taking place during the Third War but more focused on the rise of the Scourge?
    Sounds pretty realistic tho, "we kinda ignore the lore we established before but we also keep you guessing what actually happened" sounds really like Blizzard to me.

5+ Year Old Account
    Just make league of legends anime style history of arthas, first season is about paladin and second about dk becoming lk. Its simple and would be very hard to make it suck and of course they would get a lot of money from it by setting it on netflix etc

This time it will be good for sure...

I'd fucking love to see ANTYHING close to masterpiece named Arcane tho.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2022-07-04 at 08:12 AM.

Even if that website didn't make a fake post, I wouldn't hold my breath until they announce something.

A reboot doesn't really make all that much sense, even though they kind of fucked up the story, the ending in particular that was with Alliance victory instead of the fall of Stormwind and the retreat to Lordaeron.
    Continuing with the second war through Silvermoon and Lordaeron and the horde fall at BRM + the forming of paladins would be the best course for 2 more parts to make it a trilogy, and only then starting Arthas.

As cool as it will be to have it about the Lich King, it will be a mistake to jump right into that, especially if they try to fit it into 2 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I think Arthas' story, even if it's changed a bit for theatrical quality, is still the most relatable story they could tell.
    Arthas's story is a real gold vein, imo. It's very Hamlet-esque, and in good hands could easily become a blockbuster.

They just need to make this a TV series amazon must keep its dirty hands off it tho same with netflix.

If it's true, I hope they narrow the plot down - world building and character development in these things take time, original movie should have been 2-3 movies - perfect example LotR.

If they continue with the same format as they did for Warcraft: the Beginning, it's going to faill all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Finlandia WOAT View Post
    Anyway bring back the og director and let him release his 4 hour monstrosity of the 2nd war.
    Don't.
    He was bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    CGI was good but the High Elves looked like this.

Nightmare fuel.
    I always wondered what do they have in their teeth?

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    It would be so much better. No need to cast actual humans which would look out of place anyway like in the live action movie. Animation for this sort of stuff is always better. Heck, do CG.
    Money.
    They prefer to cut costs.

Quote Originally Posted by loppy88 View Post
    You think that in this day and age where all the franchises have been ruined by the political messages they will make a good Warcraft movie?
    Warchief Blackhand was a non-binary duck all along

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    When you say "political messages" do you actually just mean "has anyone who isn't white or straight as anything but a background character"?
    That doesn't need to be pushed where it never existed.
    Want one? Create a new, original story. Don't change established characters or push unrelated ones into an already grounded story.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Never understood the hate behind it.
    Ever seen an actually good movie? It doesn't even come close.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    And gosh darn, make it animated, not live-action. Warcraft is a far larger than life universe, you don't do those justice with dudes in plastic props and CGI everything else, animated shows have proven they can be very popular and they cost a lot less to make.

Only if it's the quality of children movies. Their cinemtaics' CGI would be hella expensive.
    Last edited by username993720; 2022-07-04 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Due to people who aren't white or straight?
    You assume too much.